Page 106 of 140 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1400

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3558248;
    If he said all those things on camera just the way the aired them, wouldn't that be as stupid? Was he too stupid to know a camera was on him? I don't know if Ed had one girlfriend or no girlfriends or a hundred girlfriends, but I feel pretty sure Wes got the big ABC shaft and Ed is being nominated for sainthood even though he jerked this girl around more than anyone. And, honestly, who does karaoke anymore?
    This makes me giggle because I so agree.

I cannot tell you how amazed I am to read others suggesting Ed fashion forward for the most part, what Ed is wearing casually on the show is so passe --- as if he is still recycling what he wore in college. Very little about Ed's clothes says 30-year-old man or even broaches 2009.

Even the green bathing trunks scream Maui discount-store sales rack --- something that might appeal to a male Japanese senior citizen tourist more than anyone else. Feels to me rather possible that producers insisted on Ed wearing those so they could later place a picture of Ed in those trunks on his Facebook in effort to prove, without a doubt, Ed made it to Hawaii.

I wouldn't watch Jake. I MIGHT watch the twins ONLY because I could then view this show as a comedy and totally not take it seriously. Jake is scary to me...restraining order scary. Course, I really don't think I'll invest time in this show again. Fleiss has totally ruined it beyond redemption.

Course I'm also beginning to think anyone who would go on this show needs psychological intervention...
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3558819;
    This makes me giggle because I so agree.

I cannot tell you how amazed I am to read others suggesting Ed fashion forward for the most part, what Ed is wearing casually on the show is so passe --- as if he is still recycling what he wore in college. Very little about Ed's clothes says 30-year-old man or even broaches 2009.

Even the green bathing trunks scream Maui discount-store sales rack --- something that might appeal to a male Japanese senior citizen tourist more than anyone else. Feels to me rather possible that producers insisted on Ed wearing those so they could later place a picture of Ed in those trunks on his Facebook in effort to prove, without a doubt, Ed made it to Hawaii.
    Are you in the fashion business? I am and those trunks were featured in this season's GQ article on men's swimwear. All of the designers, and most of the upscale men's boutiques are carrying them. The argyle sweater is very JCrew, Banana Republic, and the linen wrinkled suit is a style that was featured predominately on MarcJacobs spring runway.

His style may not have reached the masses yet, and it might not be mainstream taste but it is fashionable.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3558648;
    According to his short ABC bio, Dave is a Trucking Contractor.
    David works about 20 minutes away from me & he is NOT a teacher!!!

PSP

Quote Originally Posted by pammiechick;3556074;
    I just heard the interview...I don't believe Wes. He is doing damage control. It's easy to say whatever he wants about Jake--I don't believe Wes. I don't believe Jake said those things to Wes. Seriously. Wes is the one who ON TV said that he was there for the publicity. He said those words. Whether they were put in an edit, Wes said them. He's a jerk. I will never believe a word he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by pammiechick;3556074;
    I just heard the interview...I don't believe Wes is doing damage control. It's easy to say whatever he wants about Jake--I believe Wes. I don't believe Jake said those things to Wes. Seriously. I will never believe a word he says.
    (for those of you who remember taking Geometry)

Q.E.D.

FORT Regular

The interview given by Wes is interesting. I can't imagine that there is absolutely nothing - defamation of character, etc. - that he wouldn't be able to sue for if his side of the story is legit.

I don't know of any contract that can legally get away with defamation of character.

If nothing else, he should entertain the idea - if his side is the truth, and get it out in the media to attempt to clear his name, if nothing else.

All other things aside, whether he is being honest or not, I'm pretty sure Laurel could do something about it, get compensation, a retract, and countless other things since her name was used and she signed nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3558848;
    Are you in the fashion business? I am and those trunks were featured in this season's GQ article on men's swimwear. All of the designers, and most of the upscale men's boutiques are carrying them. The argyle sweater is very JCrew, Banana Republic, and the linen wrinkled suit is a style that was featured predominately on MarcJacobs spring runway.

His style may not have reached the masses yet, and it might not be mainstream taste but it is fashionable.
    No, but I am a shopaholic that worked my way throught grad school at a mens clothing store, and I do still pay attention.

I would love to see a link to GQ showing a pair of swim trunks similar. Although it could be suggested the trunks similar to a line produced by Dolce & Gabbana for the older man (not D&G), the pockets are exactly why I would argue they are not.

Argyle sweaters in? Not that argyle sweater, unless worn by a golfer or a much older man.

I reserve opinion to the linen suit until I see a bit more of it.

Please understand, my comments referred to Ed's casual wear, not business attire. Nor do I think he a horrible dresser, just someone who doesn't really care much about clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3558960;
    No, but I am a shopaholic that worked my way throught grad school at a mens clothing store, and I do still pay attention.

I would love to see a link to GQ showing a pair of swim trunks similar. Although it could be suggested the trunks similar to a line produced by Dolce & Gabbana for the older man (not D&G), the pockets are exactly why I would argue they are not.

Argyle sweaters in? Not that argyle sweater, unless worn by a golfer or a much older man.

I reserve opinion to the linen suit until I see a bit more of it.

Please understand, my comments referred to Ed's casual wear, not business attire. Nor do I think he a horrible dresser, just someone who doesn't really care much about clothing.
    Link to the article...
    See a Pattern? - The Upgrader on Men.Style.com

Click and stroll through...some most similar to Eds are from Diesel, Tom Ford, and Original Penguin...although there are many that are short with drawstrings instead of bands.
    The sweaters are all over the JCrew mens collection for last fall as well as other current shops for men. Young men.

Can't believe I'm arguing this... Agree to disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3558994;
    Link to the article...
    See a Pattern? - The Upgrader on Men.Style.com

Click and stroll through...some most similar to Eds are from Diesel, Tom Ford, and Original Penguin...although there are many that are short with drawstrings instead of bands.
    The sweaters are all over the JCrew mens collection for last fall as well as other current shops for men. Young men.

Can't believe I'm arguing this... Agree to disagree!
    I flipped through the site and, sorry, no, as the detail I am referring to is the pocket.

Agree to disagree, especially since I would much prefer to discuss women's shoes! ;-)

FORT Newbie

It saddens me to listen to Wes on Reality Steve's website interview. He sounds like a southern gentleman and a man of character. I always realized that the Bachelor/ette producers edited characters in a certain way to fit the story line. But what I didn't realize until this season, is that they slice and dice their sentences to completely change the content of what someone is saying. Let what happened to Wes be warning to all contestants in the future.

Hopefully Wes doesn't get in trouble for the interview.