Page 103 of 140 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1400

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

I think Wes is intelligent enough - it's that he (admittedly) runs his mouth. He talks a lot. He gave the producers a field day and material to work with. I do, however, truly believe that his edit was over-the-top.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3558210;
    Wes doesn't strike me as someone intelligent enough to figure that part out.

As they say in the industry "any publicity is good publicity"
    -------------------------

yes but everyone goes for the "good publicity" first and if that doesn't work they might go for any publicity. And I think Wes is inteligent enough to know that.

FORT Fogey

If he said all those things on camera just the way the aired them, wouldn't that be as stupid? Was he too stupid to know a camera was on him? I don't know if Ed had one girlfriend or no girlfriends or a hundred girlfriends, but I feel pretty sure Wes got the big ABC shaft and Ed is being nominated for sainthood even though he jerked this girl around more than anyone. And, honestly, who does karaoke anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3558248;
    If he said all those things on camera just the way the aired them, wouldn't that be as stupid? Was he too stupid to know a camera was on him? I don't know if Ed had one girlfriend or no girlfriends or a hundred girlfriends, but I feel pretty sure Wes got the big ABC shaft and Ed is being nominated for sainthood even though he jerked this girl around more than anyone. And, honestly, who does karaoke anymore?
    I don't think Jillian's taken it up. But, who knows?

As for Wes. I think he has a big fat ego and drinking problem. Two things needed to make an a** of yourself on national television.

FORT Fan

When you are starting in the industry every artist knows that you first have to win people over so they become fans and buy your CDs. Established artists don't have to care about that any more. They have their loyal fans. But someone who is trying to get into the business knows that you have to establish yourself first (good reputation and good songs etc).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3558254;

As for Wes. I think he has a big fat ego and drinking problem. Two things needed to make an a** of yourself on national television.
    That is certainly what ABC wants you to believe. I recall that someone, not Wes, said on camera that Robby was drunk all the time. Any reason why we didn't see that on camera?
    So, was Wes 100% well-behaved the entire time? I hope not. But neither were the rest of the guys, I'm betting. We just won't ever see their bad moments. This is about being fair, which I realize is not ABC's priority.

I think Wes should be the Bachelor. His season would be a hoot. Very entertaining...kind of like Charlie's season. He was a scoundrel but look at him, he got a girl that he's still with.

People take this show way to seriously. Bad rap or not, Wes is going to get a lot of mileage out of this. Girls love a bad boy.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3558254;
    I don't think Jillian's taken it up. But, who knows?

----------------

even if he did have those problems, it still doesn't justify being portrayed as a villain.

And it doesn't need an ego and drinking problem to make an a** of yourself. It most importantly needs editing!!!!

One of the other guys could be the biggest alcoholic and arrogant ass, if it's edited out, then noone will know.

Just imagine that tptb had edited out all the bad stuff about Wes and just shown him hanging out by the pool and joking around. He would be a totally different person and you wouldn't even know.
    Last edited by computer; 07-10-2009 at 11:02 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3558262;
    That is certainly what ABC wants you to believe.
    I really don't think ABC cares what anyone thinks of Wes. Wes is not a monster - he just said some really dumb things on a reality show, whoopdy doo, he came off in not such a good light, but he's done several interviews now where he sounded normal and didn't shove his foot in his mouth. So in all likelihood Wes will make out just fine. The exposure he gained from this show has to be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3558248;
    I know that Ed becomes an easy deflection away from Wes in light of the rumors posted, but no one made Wes say the things that he said about the guys or about Jillian or about promoting himself.

Karaoke is very fun. Seriously though, if it's his thing, who cares? That's like me saying, who makes up fake songs about a girl to try and score? Lame. But, if that's how Wes likes to roll, then go for it!