Page 101 of 140 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1400

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

  1. #1001
    Frankly, my dear BritLit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not on the Fence
    Posts
    1,742

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Sunset;3556892;
    BritLit... re:bolded...It sure would be a tough precedent to set. Seems lo me that if they did do something to "Nip It In The Bud" this season, it would scare away "cast members" for future seasons. OR ...future contracts would get even more precise (and lengthy) that no one, except the attornies, or those that hire them, would ever get through them. I'd really like to hear some thoughts from you (and others) as to what they could possibily realistically do from this point forward. Interesting dilemna for sure.

    Will be watching for the "Wes Hayden Highlights Reel"... will they redeem him or just bury him more???
    I actually think future "contestants" are much more likely to be scared away by the thought of being made to look a fool on national TV (Dave, Brian, Tanner, Jake, Wes were all portrayed in an extremely unflattering light) than by contract restrictions. The word was they had a really tough time rounding up enough guys for this season partly because of how Jason was perceived by the public.

    As for Wes, I think TPTB are most likely to opt for the "give him enough rope and he'll hang himself." I don't imagine more than a very small percentage of the viewers of the show are aware of anything more than what they see each week in the episodes. . .and the only positive thing I can think of that we saw of Wes in that was his concern for the one-footed bird!
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

  2. #1002
    3 Hearts Arizona Sunset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    581

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3556944;
    I actually think future "contestants" are much more likely to be scared away by the thought of being made to look a fool on national TV (Dave, Brian, Tanner, Jake, Wes were all portrayed in an extremely unflattering light) than by contract restrictions. The word was they had a really tough time rounding up enough guys for this season partly because of how Jason was perceived by the public.

    As for Wes, I think TPTB are most likely to opt for the "give him enough rope and he'll hang himself." I don't imagine more than a very small percentage of the viewers of the show are aware of anything more than what they see each week in the episodes. . .and the only positive thing I can think of that we saw of Wes in that was his concern for the one-footed bird!
    Thanks for your reply BritLit Everything you said makes alot of sense to me, and if it happens, there probably will only be 1 or 2 (naive &/or genuine) real people in the bunch... and this show takes one more giant step downward into... eventual oblivion??

    I think what you said about Wes is true, especially if they allow alcohol... boy does he get loose lips...yup, rope trick will apply.

    I thought the 1-footed bird was funny when it was show, but in this context, it is even funnier! JMHO...
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

  3. #1003
    addison h.
    Guest

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3556944;
    I actually think future "contestants" are much more likely to be scared away by the thought of being made to look a fool on national TV (Dave, Brian, Tanner, Jake, Wes were all portrayed in an extremely unflattering light) than by contract restrictions. The word was they had a really tough time rounding up enough guys for this season partly because of how Jason was perceived by the public.

    As for Wes, I think TPTB are most likely to opt for the "give him enough rope and he'll hang himself." I don't imagine more than a very small percentage of the viewers of the show are aware of anything more than what they see each week in the episodes. . .and the only positive thing I can think of that we saw of Wes in that was his concern for the one-footed bird!
    bingo. I'm just listening to the interview now myself (not sure I've ever felt more pathetic - I'm a smart girl, a nice girl, a witty girl - and yet I've made the conscious decision to spend the next 85 minutes listening to this drivel) and I have to go back to the fact that I think Wes just lies because that's who he is...

    the man ASKS REALITY STEVE "what season was Jillian on? was she on the one with... with... uh...the Jason guy?"

    Like he didn't know that. I mean honestly. (as we all know he likes to say.)

  4. #1004
    addison h.
    Guest

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    also - Wes "answer for everything except the obvious" Hayden at one point says that he absolutely did not want to play his guitar for her the first night and that he was totally surprised to find that the producers had placed it off to the side of the area where he and Jillian went to chat one on one at that first cocktail party.

    If that's true... why did he start that song by saying "I wrote you a song..." BS he wrong her a song.

    And I have to say - I do like Jillian - a lot - but how dumb is she to never have noticed that "her song" doesn't include the word Jillian in it... anywhere.

  5. #1005
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3557436;
    also - Wes "answer for everything except the obvious" Hayden at one point says that he absolutely did not want to play his guitar for her the first night and that he was totally surprised to find that the producers had placed it off to the side of the area where he and Jillian went to chat one on one at that first cocktail party.

    If that's true... why did he start that song by saying "I wrote you a song..." BS he wrong her a song.

    And I have to say - I do like Jillian - a lot - but how dumb is she to never have noticed that "her song" doesn't include the word Jillian in it... anywhere.
    And didn't you just say Wes' interview with RS included Wes claiming he didn't know who Jillian was before the show and that he asked RS DURING the interview what season she had been on? How the heck do you write a song for that?
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  6. #1006
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    I'd be willing to bet ABC said, "Hey, before you get here, start writing a song for her."

  7. #1007
    addison h.
    Guest

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3557448;
    And didn't you just say Wes' interview with RS included Wes claiming he didn't know who Jillian was before the show and that he asked RS DURING the interview what season she had been on? How the heck do you write a song for that?
    Right?!?! I'm now at the part where he's saying "it's horrible what people have been saying to Laurel - someone messaged her on facebook today and said 'hey I know where you work' I mean these guys on the bachelor have just gone way way too far"

    HELLO - it's possible the whole world knows where she works BECAUSE SHE TOLD THEM. IN AN INTERVIEW. THAT SHE GAVE. Knowing full well that Wes would be getting kicked off the next week anyway. It's not like she HAD to defend him because he ended up with the girl at the end and really needed to look sincere.
    Last edited by addison h.; 07-10-2009 at 01:09 AM. Reason: he first said "called her on her cell" then changed it to "messaged her on facebook"

  8. #1008
    addison h.
    Guest

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    He also says some interesting things about Jake - that I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on.

    However, he also says - in reference to Jake - that he's lying that that he's standing by his lies now "because once you tell a lie, you know, you have to stick with it"

    So true Wes. Soooo true.

  9. #1009
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3557436;
    also - Wes "answer for everything except the obvious" Hayden at one point says that he absolutely did not want to play his guitar for her the first night and that he was totally surprised to find that the producers had placed it off to the side of the area where he and Jillian went to chat one on one at that first cocktail party.

    If that's true... why did he start that song by saying "I wrote you a song..." BS he wrong her a song.

    And I have to say - I do like Jillian - a lot - but how dumb is she to never have noticed that "her song" doesn't include the word Jillian in it... anywhere.
    I guess the same way the one Jerry wrote for Jen, that didn't include her name either and the many other songs that was written for someone special, that didn't include their name. There are many people who don't watch this crazy show nor come on a message board. I feel comfident that Wes was one of them. I feel pretty strongly that once they got to LA, they were told the bachelorette name and probably a little about her.

  10. #1010
    addison h.
    Guest

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3557537;
    I guess the same way the one Jerry wrote for Jen, that didn't include her name either and the many other songs that was written for someone special, that didn't include their name. There are many people who don't watch this crazy show nor come on a message board. I feel comfident that Wes was one of them. I feel pretty strongly that once they got to LA, they were told the bachelorette name and probably a little about her.
    ...
    I'm just saying - A guys writes "me" a song - It better have "Addison" in it. And something that rhymes with it would also be nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.