Page 100 of 140 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1400

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3556097;
    She does say that he was only there for his career and that he wasted her time.
    Well, I figured that out after one episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3555894;
    I didn't read the recaps because I listened to the interview, so I don't know if this was brought out, but Wes was very ill between the HTD and Spain. That's why he was so late getting to Spain, after everybody else was there and already going on dates. He arrived just in time for his date, and the RC was the next day. Maybe that's where he's getting 2 1/2 weeks.
    From the scenery - notice the yellow/black cab in the background when Jillian gets into the limo, the RC was held in the countryside outside Barcelona. I do think Wes' date was last and that it would have been ages in Bachelor Time between his 1:1 dates with Jillian.

First a HUGE THANKS to MAG for her fast fingers and being able to take time to bring us this interview. I stepped out to the recycling center and returned to an explosion of fun and discussion.

Second - ABC has tried to play nice with Wes this week with the Diary of Departed posted on their website. He came off as caring about Jillian and her happiness as well as describing his own journey on the show. This was the part at the beginning of his three hour ride around one of Hell's Circles that we didn't see on our screens.

So, by playing his "good" exit as his diary, was ABC trying to mount a defense for his hits against them? They denied him the conference call and haven't ordered him to the MTA (per his still trying to decide whether to go or not.) ABC knew he was going rogue and placed their AD saying...see it was only for drama, he is a nice guy...on the website. Problem is, only a few hundred people will watch that Diary and the millions who watched his TV exit will not know there are two versions. BUT, they can say - "Hey, we tried to show another side to this..." Oh, the clever minds of people who come off as patronizing - kind of like a slick lawyer.

Personally, I hope Wes is able to stay away from the MTA. Let Jake get shown for the prissy a** he is, instead. Naw, that won't happen - didn't you know, he is Saint Jake.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3555958;
    After Brad was done with the Bachelor, he and Laurel hooked back up. That was in 2007. So, was Laurel dating both Brad and Wes during that time since Laurel and Wes dated for three years and broke up a year ago? This is 2009. That would make the break up in 2008. In 2007 you are saying that Laurel dated Wes. In 2007 we have photos of Brad and Laurel together after he finished filming the Bachelor. I guess in Texas it is cool to date more than one guy and even cooler to date guys who then go on the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows. After all, Wes is guy #3 that has done both.

I'm done saying my piece about this. The time line does not add up. I have no idea who is correct and who is not. I frankly at this point do not care. I do not however feel sorry for Laurel in any of this. She made sure that the name of her boutique was out there so that business would improve.

Laurel and Brad did not get back together....you may have pictures of them together but they were just friends. That is a rumor.....widely known in Austin. As far as I know, it's not okay to date multiple ppl in Texas....just as it is not in Chicago or anywhere else. (Hint...Ed)

I do believe that you have some merit in the comment about her spa....I think that is why she was photographed with Brad, but they were not back together.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLonghorns;3556118;
    Laurel and Brad did not get back together....you may have pictures of them together but they were just friends. That is a rumor.....widely known in Austin. As far as I know, it's not okay to date multiple ppl in Texas....just as it is not in Chicago or anywhere else. (Hint...Ed)

I do believe that you have some merit in the comment about her spa....I think that is why she was photographed with Brad, but they were not back together.
    I believe that slilred is referring to a photograph taken in Las Vegas after Brad's season. That photograph was taken by paparazzi and wasn't for promotional materials for her business.

Personally, I think it's fine to date more than one person. What I don't think is fine is to be in a relationship understood by both parties to be exclusive and to be dating more than (that) one person. So these folks can date whoever they please, and as many of them as they'd like. However, when we hear the term "girlfriend" applied to someone, I think we are meant to assume that it is exclusive.

Personally, I hope Wes is able to stay away from the MTA. Let Jake get shown for the prissy a** he is, instead. Naw, that won't happen - didn't you know, he is Saint Jake.[/QUOTE]

Jake did their dirty work for them. His hands are soiled, especially if stuff like the RS interview gets out into the more general viewing audience. I think Jake might find himself tossed aside like so much garbage, now that they're finished with him.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3556097;
    She does say that he was only there for his career and that he wasted her time.
    -------------------
    well she cannot entirely defend Wes , how would that look if the star outed ABC and the shows tactics. She's trying not to out the show (and get into trouble) but still defend Wes. I think shes a really great person for doing that.

I haven't heard fro any guy except Jake that said Wes is an evil person or that his edit was accurate. Even Jillian said he got bad edit. So everyone who was there says he got a bad edit and only one person says he is a villain.

Just now getting around to reading this thread.

First... MAJOR KUDOS to MamaAmyG for doing that Amazzzzzzing recap of the RS/Wes interview. (I've been missing that word a little since the end of last season and it sure sounded like the appropriate time to use it now) Anyway, Muchas Gracias!

Now, while I only started reading Rs last season (with those really lame clues), I nonetheless came to enjoy his snarkiness.. I guess it's something that you either enjoy as a form of entertainment or really dislike. I personally liked it to a certain degree. What I find very interesting though is that RS has changed this season... the prime example is that last season, all of the "cast" on the Bachelor was subject to his snark. But in this last recap, Wes was totally exempt from the snark (and oh boy, if ever there was a prime target for snark, based upon what we saw on our TV screens, Wes was it!) Me thinks that little Texas circle and connection has gotten even tighter, for RS to forego the Wes snark. But then he would not have gotten his little interview with Wes if he had gone there, would he have? RS is no dumby... he knew this and went for what will always be perceived by many to be a great interview.. definitely worthy of debate and much discussion. Unfortunately, his last show recap felt really "flat" as in because of the ommision of Wes snark and the inclusion of a defense attempt that some (not me) might consider to be heroic.

As for Wes himself, I will readily admit that I was one who could not wait to see him gone from my TV screen... sure it was over the top editing, but it was getting very old very fast... and there always has to be a villian to hate in this show... well this season we actually got 2 (so far) if you include Dave, who was in the "supporting role" while Wes had the "lead role" as villian. JMHO, but I think that Dave might have been around longer on the show to be in dueling villian roles with Wes (and Wes' not seeming so extreme) if David had not been so arrogant and self-righteous about that refused kiss on the boat ride (And THAT was no edit!) Hence, they had to make the Wes Villian do all of the work. Now it seems that publicity, both positive and negative, is still publicity.. and regardless of what you think or believe about Wes outside of the show, he's getting it.

Regarding being sued by the show for all Wes is saying now in interviews and on country stations... IMHO, it will never happen! Sure there is that contract clause there, and talking about the edit and other behind the scenes stuff is a major no no, and Wes has certainly crossed that line (publicly) farther than anyone else has . But there is no way that TPTB will allow it to go into a court battle and have it followed by every magazine and minor or even major networks across America... just no gonna happen, IMHO.

So what is done instead? Hmmm... let's see. ABC puts up the "very reasonable, nice Wes" Diary of the Departed on their website (nothing at all like what we saw in the show edit. Perhaps to appease Wes for a little while now, as in, just long enough to get him to appear at the MTA this coming weekend (he might just be bold enough to to do a no-show otherwise)... so that they can edit him all over again. You really didn't think that TPTB wan't to say "So Sorry Wes", now did you???

Ok, I'm a really slow typist, and this has gotten really long, so I'll let you all tear it to shreds now... it's Ok, enjoy! (And I have a good sense of humor)
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

ArizonaSunset, I think you've hit on a subject that's going to be interesting to watch as it plays out--how they handle the whole Wes: "I'm mad and I'm not going to take it any more" Tour. On the one hand, you're right that the last thing ABC/Fleiss would want is the kind of legal morass some kind of legal action would entail. On the other hand, they can hardly afford to set a precedent for the future that allows contestants to go out and say whatever they please without consequences.

I don't believe for a minute that Wes would pass up another opportunity for national TV exposure, even on The Bachelor. I think he's cocky enough to believe he's "gotten the better of" TPTB with all his "explanatory" interviews. I may be wrong about him appearing, but in any event, I think we're going to be treated to a most entertaining "Wes Hayden Highlights Reel."
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3554859;
    ok, said they would talk about f3, only addressed ed's return. big ol' nevermind from me on that one.

regarding the return of ed. his impression was that it was all staged. that's when he realized that things don't really add up. says his grandma was dying of liver cancer, on the transplant list, 73 years old, and it was like pulling teeth to even make a phone call. said he was allowed 1 call, and it was to pay a bill. he was told his mother had their number and would call them if something happened. so he thinks the idea that ed was allowed to make calls for work was baloney. he was shocked, angry.

they point out the absurdity of the idea that if he was out for publicity, why would he go on tv and make such an idiot out of himself. says he was "very very careful about what came out of his mouth" (uh, i beg to differ )

says people now think he's an a-hole based on the show and are pleasantly surprised in talking to him to find out what he's really like.

the end. is there a "dying" smiley? s is the best i can find LOL
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for the transcription!!!! MEGA MEGA Props for that, not only for us, but for torturing yourself to do it!!
    I love TAR!

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3556626;
    ArizonaSunset, I think you've hit on a subject that's going to be interesting to watch as it plays out--how they handle the whole Wes: "I'm mad and I'm not going to take it any more" Tour. On the one hand, you're right that the last thing ABC/Fleiss would want is the kind of legal morass some kind of legal action would entail. On the other hand, they can hardly afford to set a precedent for the future that allows contestants to go out and say whatever they please without consequences.

I don't believe for a minute that Wes would pass up another opportunity for national TV exposure, even on The Bachelor. I think he's cocky enough to believe he's "gotten the better of" TPTB with all his "explanatory" interviews. I may be wrong about him appearing, but in any event, I think we're going to be treated to a most entertaining "Wes Hayden Highlights Reel."
    BritLit... re:bolded...It sure would be a tough precedent to set. Seems lo me that if they did do something to "Nip It In The Bud" this season, it would scare away "cast members" for future seasons. OR ...future contracts would get even more precise (and lengthy) that no one, except the attornies, or those that hire them, would ever get through them. I'd really like to hear some thoughts from you (and others) as to what they could possibily realistically do from this point forward. Interesting dilemna for sure.

Will be watching for the "Wes Hayden Highlights Reel"... will they redeem him or just bury him more???
    Last edited by Arizona Sunset; 07-09-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: typo ... so what else is new? LOL
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)