Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by TxLonghorns;3431047;
    Chris Harrison's tweet: "Jilli isn't as crazy as she thinks she is. I need a charcoal shirt." (Posted 4/30 at 9:30 pm LA time). What in the world does that mean??
    Maybe she sends someone home (1 person more then normal) who she thinks doesn't belong there. So she keeps 1 rose to herself (or hands it to Chris)
    Why can't love be simple?
    Because it's the Bachelor(ette)

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3431286;
    Blondiegal, what's the story board?
    Brad from Meredith's show did a radio interview last season in which he talked about the story board that was up in the technical room. During filming the story board had all the mens' pictures along with their edited storyline under the photos. He talked about the fakeness of the show, how they were not given scripts but were told what to talk about, and how everyone had their role to fulfill. Everything was planned out ahead of time.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Not trying to get into politics, but this Wes guy performed for George Bush so I'd guess he's pretty conservative...I'd be surprised if that would be a match for Jillian...Canadians are generally quite to the "left"...

Interesting Tweet from Chris! She probably feels crazy for really struggling between the last few guys. I'm sure everyone going into it assumes they'll just know which is the "one" automatically and when they really end up struggling with the decision it drives them crazy...trying to think of all the pros and cons, what's "real" vs hyped for the show, etc...need a charcoal shirt....maybe she's crying on Chris' shoulder, and getting mascara on him??? !

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3431298;
    Brad from Meredith's show did a radio interview last season in which he talked about the story board that was up in the technical room. During filming the story board had all the mens' pictures along with their edited storyline under the photos. He talked about the fakeness of the show, how they were not given scripts but were told what to talk about, and how everyone had their role to fulfill. Everything was planned out ahead of time.
    Here's another thought about the storyboards. As the show goes on, especially after the FRC, the editors know the ending, so they use the storyboard from the technical room and the hundreds of hours of footage to tell the story they want us to see - that's what producers and assistant producers do all day. There is so much we don't see... Yep, it's manipulation. But it's TV! So enjoy.

I watch this show to see if I can figure out where the editing is going - and where the choices are being made. I end up groaning a lot near the end, and saying to the TV, "What are you thinking???" when the edits kind of make it clear that there *might* have been a better choice from the viewers' POV.

Looking forward to this season a lot (eyes wide open, though...). Are we all just a bunch of hopeless romantics? Stay true to yourself, Jilly! Find the Man! Run your own game! And then watch the edits

back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;3431250;
    Maybe Jillian thinks says she is crazy for sending this person home and Chis made this comment.

Charcoal is a grey which is a conservative color. It can mean evoking a strong emotion. It can be seen as cloudy (crazy).
    omg, I haven't been on in some time, catching up here...but I have to say I love your avatar definitely the most creative i've seen!

And about the charcoal thing, it may have absolutely nothing to do with Jillian, maybe she something to chris along these lines: "Chris, call me crazy but you would look good in charcoal!"

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3431298;
    Oh, I see now! Thanks! I didn't know about this. Interesting.

Here's another thought about the storyboards. As the show goes on, especially after the FRC, the editors know the ending, so they use the storyboard from the technical room and the hundreds of hours of footage to tell the story they want us to see - that's what producers and assistant producers do all day. There is so much we don't see... Yep, it's manipulation. But it's TV! So enjoy.

I watch this show to see if I can figure out where the editing is going - and where the choices are being made. I end up groaning a lot near the end, and saying to the TV, "What are you thinking???" when the edits kind of make it clear that there *might* have been a better choice from the viewers' POV.

Looking forward to this season a lot (eyes wide open, though...). Are we all just a bunch of hopeless romantics? Stay true to yourself, Jilly! Find the Man! Run your own game! And then watch the edits

back to work!
    I watch it for the same reason you do, to see where the editing is going and at least hoping for a happy ending that lasts even though the odds aren't good. Also, to join in on the fun at the boards! Sleuthing out the F15 is always my favorite part.

Chris posted on his twitter about Jillian again. He said: Jilli is doing great. If you loved her before you'll only love her more once you see her as the Bachelorette. Very proud of her. May 18th!

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3431470;
    Chris posted on his twitter about Jillian again. He said: Jilli is doing great. If you loved her before you'll only love her more once you see her as the Bachelorette. Very proud of her. May 18th!
    Uh oh!!! Weren't we supposed to love Jason after his season too?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3431470;
    Just found that too. I'm so curious. Does this mean they had a RC today?
    Why can't love be simple?
    Because it's the Bachelor(ette)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMom;3431474;
    Uh oh!!! Weren't we supposed to love Jason after his season too?
    He didn't say that about Jason. He said that he thought he made a 'brave' decision or something like that. Nothing about the fans loving him more.