Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3430293;
    I don't really get how she would know about his HTD unless she was present for it? Aren't they not allowed to tell their friends?
    There are a multitude of ways people find things out. Sometimes you don't need to be "informed" by the contestant him/herself to find out great information.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota1215;3429260;
    I retreated for a while because I felt like I was betraying my friend. I will deactivate my account, because no matter what he is still my friend. I will say this, you guys are better than real detectives!! I have enjoyed your comments and am shocked at how much you have found out. I will say this, you are on the right track, I knew you guys would get there on your own and like I said, I have no doubt she'll fall in love with him, who wouldn't, he has gotten this far. Good luck and thank you for sharing, I hope you understand my reasoning.

Sincerely, Dakota
    Dakota, thanks for posting what you could. It will help keep our expectations in perspective. But if he's a halfway decent actor there will still be fans claiming he really did fall in love and Jilly is a horrible person for breaking his heart, despite everything you posted. If he's a real charmer and makes millions of viewers "fall in love" with him then she'll be dragged through the mud for it.

I have a feeling it was planned from the start your friend would end up in the top 3, perhaps even top 2, and he will be the next bachelor if the fans respond favorably. I think the same thing was planned for Jason during DeAnna's season.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_k;3429316;
    Dakota, he is going to be the next bachelor or he is going to use this as a means to advance his TV career. It seems that is what a lot of them are doing now.

I think I may have found him. His myspace has been deactivated and his last log in date is March 17.
    Wow, you found him? How do you do it!

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3430351;
    There are a multitude of ways people find things out. Sometimes you don't need to be "informed" by the contestant him/herself to find out great information.
    I know some of you are able to find out other ways, but my impression was that it was more from the production side of things. She seems to give the impression that she knows these things from him? Unless she both knows him AND knows people on the production side...anyways, we'll see...

Jillian doesn't strike me as gullible, so I would be very surprised if she ended up believing someone who is being totally insincere...even with Jason, you could tell she had her doubts, and now we know with good reason

I remember last season some people came on claiming to have inside knowledge - some were correct from very early on, some were clearly making things up - are you veteran sleuthers able to figure out which ones are credible and not, or do you just absorb it all? What's the general consensus on those who are just making up leads - insiders trying to throw us off? crazy people?

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3430530;
    I know some of you are able to find out other ways, but my impression was that it was more from the production side of things. She seems to give the impression that she knows these things from him? Unless she both knows him AND knows people on the production side...anyways, we'll see...

Jillian doesn't strike me as gullible, so I would be very surprised if she ended up believing someone who is being totally insincere...even with Jason, you could tell she had her doubts, and now we know with good reason
    Finding information sometimes just takes an ounce of luck and being in the right place at the right time.
    Last season, I was able to find out that Melissa had been seeing Ty in early Feb. I don't know Melissa, nor do I know Ty. But I have personal friends who live in Carrollton, Tx and it was quite common knowledge there. So sometimes things can fall into your lap.
    Sometimes people in the know offer you tidbits. That's always nice and greatly appreciated.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3430559;
    I remember last season some people came on claiming to have inside knowledge - some were correct from very early on, some were clearly making things up - are you veteran sleuthers able to figure out which ones are credible and not, or do you just absorb it all? What's the general consensus on those who are just making up leads - insiders trying to throw us off? crazy people?
    My view on that is that FORT's "FIND ALL POSTS BY ..." command is your friend. All the inside info coming from Drive By Posters in my view should be cross-referenced to the Hard Info -- that is the filming chron and the screencaps. Who was where when. If knowing the order of elimination is what someone hopes to sleuth out, there's nothing like the Chron and the Photos, linked together.

Thanks to some help, is this Dakota's Friend?

eta

His name is Wes Hayden. He's a country singer...and loves tattoos!

Premium Member

If Wes is Dakota's friend, I don't think he is all that hot. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3430812;
    If Wes is Dakota's friend, I don't think he is all that hot. JMO.
    I agree, but there was a post from a myspace friend of his about him being part of the show. So, it may be him or not!

eta

Plus, it would fit in with the 'two-step' clue.