Page 9 of 1106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819591095091009 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

I have not heard filming began on March 16th--meaning meet and greet. I do not think the season has begun yet as far as the dating part is concerned.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

The LoftSeven venue is being used to film a date (only) for about 6hrs one night in April, so that is additional confirmation that the March 16 start date was wrong. As I tried to hint before, IMO, the posted schedule is off by at least a week, and perhaps 10-12 days.

Pre production did not start until March 9 and that is at least two weeks.

FORT Newbie

I'm just a little confused with the time line now. I remember from the interview she gave on BT Vancouver, Jillian mentioned that she was "away" for the filming of the Bachelor for 6 1/2 weeks and it would've taken a total of 8 weeks for the final 2. If this is true, how would they squeeze 8 weeks in and have the first episode air on May 18th. Do they have a different filming schedule for the Bachelorette vs. the Bachelor?

Quote Originally Posted by dgfan;3389348;
    I'm just a little confused with the time line now. I remember from the interview she gave on BT Vancouver, Jillian mentioned that she was "away" for the filming of the Bachelor for 6 1/2 weeks and it would've taken a total of 8 weeks for the final 2. If this is true, how would they squeeze 8 weeks in and have the first episode air on May 18th. Do they have a different filming schedule for the Bachelorette vs. the Bachelor?
    Let me see if I can explain.
    IRL(in real life) the filming from the meet and greet night up until the FRC the last day of filming is about 6 weeks. (or as in my post above for De's season was 40 days)
    For the sake of television programming, the show is 8 weeks or 8 episodes.(50 day span from show 1 to show 8) This is not reflective of actual time even though it appears to be from what we view on tv.
    De's first show was 5/19/08 and the FRC(last show) was 7/7/08.
    It looks like Jillian's schedule will be a similar time frame.

Jason's time frame for comparison:
    IRL--Meet and Greet was 10/16/08 and FRC was 11/25/08. (41 days)
    TV--8 episodes first 1/5/09, FRC 3/02/09.(57 days)
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by dgfan;3389348;
    When The Bachelorette was a winter series, it was one episode shorter. (They had only three group dating episodes instead of four. That gave shortened seven episode seasons.) MeAnna's season was a summer season, and was the same length as The Bachelor seasons, with four group dating episodes.

As Jillian's season is also a summer season, it should be an eight episode season (not counting TMTA and ATFR).

That only adds less than a week of group dating to the shooting schedule, compared to the older Bachelorette seasons.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

To update Karen445's shooting timeline:
    (Dates are guesstimates, not confirmed, given a March 27th start.)

Bachelorette 5 Jillian Harris

All Travel to film location starting 3/24/2009
    Promos and pictures 3/25/2009
    Preparations for filming 3/25-26/2009
    Air date starting 5/18/2009 and finishing 7/13/2009

3/27 Meet and Greet
    3/28 RC cut 25/15
    Episode 1 AIR DATE: 5/18

3/29: move in (early)/group date (late)
    3/30 : Group Date
    3/31: Group Date
    4/1: RC Cut 15/12
    Episode 2 AIR DATE: 5/25

4/2: Group Date
    4/3: 1-on-1 Date
    4/4: Group Date
    4/5: RC Cut 12/9
    Episode 3 AIR DATE: 6/1

4/6 : Group Date
    4/7: 2-on-1 Date
    4/8: Group Date
    4/9: RC 9/6
    Episode 4 AIR DATE: 6/8

4/10: Travel (if group travel week)
    4/11: 1-on-1 Date
    4/12: small group date
    4/13: 1-on-1 Date
    4/14: Return travel, RC Cut 6/4
    Episode 5 AIR DATE: 6/15

4/15: Travel for Home Town Dates
    4/16: HTD 1
    4/17: Travel
    4/18: HTD 2
    4/19: Travel
    4/20: HTD 3
    4/21: Travel
    4/22: HTD 4
    4/23 Travel, RC Cut 4/3
    Episode 6 AIR DATE: 6/22

4/24: Travel for Fantasy Dates
    4/25: Fantasy Date 1
    4/26: Day after (Necessary due to overnight FD. Possible travel day if not same location for all FDs.)
    4/27: Fantasy Date 2
    4/28: Day after
    4/29: Fantasy Date 3
    4/30: Day after
    4/30: RC Cut 3/2 (Late in day)
    Episode 7 AIR DATE: 6/29

(TMTA taping should be last week of June, maybe the 27th. Air Date 7/6.)

5/1: Meet Jillian's Family 1 (Lunch or simultaneous)
    5/1: Meet Jillian's Family 2 (Dinner or simultaneous)
    5/2: LCD 1
    5/3: LCD 2
    5/4: Day off
    5/5: FRC
    Episode 8 AIR DATE: 7/13

(ATFR taping in mid July, about July 11. Air Date 7/13 most likely)

That gives a 40 day shooting schedule. It assumes that the FDs are all at the same location, Jillian's family travel to her instead of her traveling to them, same day family meeting, and FRC at same location as LCDs and FDs.

It's also possible to rearrange the schedule to allow for more days available later by having daytime group dates followed by same night RCs. Up to 3 days can be saved that way in episodes 2-4.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 03-22-2009 at 02:13 PM.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Just watched ETCanada Chris Harrison being interviewed
    Said he had not seen the final casting list but that 'a few Canadians had been selected for sure!'
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Zinnia thanks for that amazing recap. I really appreciate all that work.

Parasolpink You just gave this rookie sleuther an idea to keep an eye out on ETCanada for any further information about the Canadian's that have been selected.

Thanks to both of you.

FORT Regular

Actually, I just found out a couple of days ago that a guy I work with (teacher who resigned in order to go on this show) will be on the Bachelorette, and he was at work on Tuesday. Wednesday was his last day at work.

I should add - I've actually been visiting the FORT Bachelor/Bachelorette forums for awhile (maybe a year?), and I love reading the insider info! I really liked Jillian on the last season, so I was going to watch anyway, but you can imagine my shock when I found out that someone I know is going to be on the show! I don't know him well at all, but still it will be fun to watch!
    Last edited by dippitydoo; 03-26-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Add note

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3394684;
    Actually, I just found out a couple of days ago that a guy I work with (teacher who resigned in order to go on this show) will be on the Bachelorette, and he was at work on Tuesday. Wednesday was his last day at work.

I should add - I've actually been visiting the FORT Bachelor/Bachelorette forums for awhile (maybe a year?), and I love reading the insider info! I really liked Jillian on the last season, so I was going to watch anyway, but you can imagine my shock when I found out that someone I know is going to be on the show! I don't know him well at all, but still it will be fun to watch!
    well ...and tell us about this guy and why you think he would be a good match for jillian and if you can let us know when he comes home..lol..the master minds on this board by that info can usually tell you just how far he goes...they are brilliant
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!