Page 65 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465666768697071727374751151655651065 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3410461;
    Does anyone know if films always have to show who is filming (if it's a film)?
    They have to have a film permit if filming (or taping) on public property. Everywhere I know of, from Hawaii to NYC, makes the permits public (but that doesn't mean they're online). However they don't have to disclose the actual title of the project, they instead use a "working title". See "Sadie Hawkings 5" above, used instead of The Bachelorette 5. They can also use a subsidiary company to obtain the permit, so AND Syndicated Productions may not show up on the permit.

We can find this out, but it will take some sleuthing to see past the working title and the front company. Address and telephone number info on the permit may be matched to Next/AND, and provide the best evidence.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 04-11-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Zinnia, do you know if it has to be listed as a reality show?? I checked on a site that has some permits & looked under Reality Shows & didn't see anything I thought would be close to The Bachelorette. I was really looking for Sadie Hawkins, but didn't see that either.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3410536;
    Zinnia, do you know if it has to be listed as a reality show?? I checked on a site that has some permits & looked under Reality Shows & didn't see anything I thought would be close to The Bachelorette. I was really looking for Sadie Hawkins, but didn't see that either.
    No jurisdiction, that I know of, requires a genre for the production (to be listed accurately at least). So a reality show could be masquerading as a drama or a documentary (by it's working title).

Local government film bureaus bend over backwards to get a production to come there for a shoot. They will allow them to hide the real name and purpose. Many shows do this to preserve the "mystery", like Lost, CSI, etc.

I remember, a while back, that Friday the 13th was shot under the working title "Aladdin Sane" (A Lad Insane). So even feature films hide their filming sometimes. Hollywood types love their puns, hence Sadie Hawkings 5, so something like that is more likely.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 04-11-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;3410541;
    No jurisdiction, that I know of, requires a genre for the production (to be listed accurately at least). So a reality show could be masquerading as a drama or a documentary (by it's working title).

Local government film bureaus bend over backwards to get a production to come there for a shoot. They will allow them to hide the real name and purpose. Many shows do this to preserve the "mystery", like Lost, CSI, etc.

I remember, a while back, that Friday the 13th was shot under the working title "Aladdin Sane" (A Lad Insane). So even feature films hide their filming sometimes. Hollywood types love their puns, hence Sadie Hawkings 5, so something like that is more likely.
    Thanks, Zinnia. That does make sense. Maybe we need to look for things related to rose, hot dog, singles, restaurant design, etc. Sadie Hawkins 5 does seem like a clear cut clue. They film a lot of TV shows, commericials and movies where I live. When they were filming scenes of Jurassic Park, the signs said "Animal," lol.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3410461;
    That's mentioned on the hollywoodnorthreport that there's a lot of activity there on the 9th. The person said that there wasn't anything indicating what was filming.

Does anyone know if films always have to show who is filming (if it's a film)?
    As far as I know, there is the Flicka 2 movie happening in the Langley - Chilliwack areas.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3410470;
    I think of few people have checked the filming permits & there doesn't appear to have been a permit issued for anything remotely close to what could be The Bette. I tried looking back to last year for Jillian's HTD, to see if a permit was issued, but I couldn't find a list of old permits.

ETA: Maybe some of the real sleuthers here are able to find out something more. I'm no sleuther.
    As far as I have been able to find out from the 2008 filming lists in BC, there was no filming registration matching the filming dates for Jill's HTD. I have not been able to find out yet if you as a filming company have to register your films on a public list or if you can remain private by paying a small fee to do so.

In the US, only filming on public property has to have a permit. Shooting done at a private home, or other private property, doesn't require a permit. Filming done underway, such as in the back of a limo, rather than with a camera car on a closed street, usually doesn't get a permit either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;3410668;
    In the US, only filming on public property has to have a permit. Shooting done at a private home, or other private property, doesn't require a permit. Filming done underway, such as in the back of a limo, rather than with a camera car on a closed street, usually doesn't get a permit either.
    I don't know exactly where you live Zinnia, but up here in Canada, I don't know if they follow the same policies as the US.......what I have found out is even if they do have a permit, it might be possible for any filming project to remain off the public filming lists........I as of yet can't prove that as I don't find anything in writing as to that point. Then again, there is nothing in writing that states 100%, that any filming project that you have received a permit for, requires that you remain on a public listing of your filming projects.

from CH Twitter
    "hotel internet cost is the hotel phone call bill of the 90's. Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful holiday weekend with family and friends"
    about 14 hrs ago from web (approx (9:00 pm Pacific time Sat. 4/11)
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

I think Julien Hug is home.