Page 57 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657585960616263646566671071575571057 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Found this posted at the holidaywoodnorthreport posted today around 4:30pm ...don't know if it means anything..

"Wut's SGV? There are pink arrows there in the Yaletown buildings near the water.... Stargate Universe????"

There is a Browns Restaurant in Yaletown (Greater Vancouver area)

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3408438;
    UUmm thought they had moved up the premire to 5/25?!?
    Not according to futoncritic that stated that ABC officially released it's schedule. I think hollywood reporter (or whatever it was) just got it wrong. May 25th is when the show goes to it's regular time slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew;3408456;
    Found this posted at the holidaywoodnorthreport posted today around 4:30pm ...don't know if it means anything..

"Wut's SGV? There are pink arrows there in the Yaletown buildings near the water.... Stargate Universe????"

What is SGV?

I do know that there is some type of Stargate show though that is being started...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew;3408456;

Yes I think SGV is Stargate Universe. Looks like a show or series. It says starting in Fall 2009.

FORT Newbie

Hello all you ingenious sleuthers!
    I returned from a few days away in Vancouver and found so many new messages on this thread.

Most of these things have been addressed, but I wanted to verify. The weather in Vancouver on Monday and Tuesday was fantastic! Very warm and sunny, so the views of the surrounding mountains was amazing. When I'm in Vancouver it seems it is always raining and you rarely get the beautiful views. So if any of the Bachelors were there on either day they would get a very good impression of Vancouver. Unfortunately today (Wednesday) it was extremely overcast and not so warm. Also, Britney IS playing a concert tonight in Vancouver.

Jillian's parents live in what is now called "West Kelowna" (recently renamed); they live fairly close to the winery shown on the date with Jason and they are in the phone book. This is a place where Jillian said she spent her summers for many years, as her grandparents live here. This is quite common for people from Alberta to spend their summers here, btw, as we have very hot, sunny and dry weather all summer long, and the lake and beaches are nice. Alberta can have terrible summer weather.

I do not think it is possible that any camping could be done in BC at this time of the year! But upscale cabins (ie. heated, warm showers, etc.) in a beautiful spot could be a possibility. Tofino on Vancouver Island is an amazing spot, it is no wonder that people worked so hard to save the area from widespread logging. It has a magical aura about it. But I can't see huge crews going there, as it is so small. ???? It does have upscale accomodations, though, but limited spaces.

Whistler would be a better possibility, as it is so "chic". Blah....that's why I don't like it there! Too trendy. The skiing/snow lasts for a long time, my hubby is going skiing there at the end of April. There are spectacular views on the drive to Whistler from Vancouver, just the sort of thing that you would think would be pictures of Canada. And also some very nice hiking routes and climbing areas.

Regarding the start date, the Mediaweek article I referenced said May 25th. But as there is contradictory info, I looked at ABC's press releases at ABCMedianet.

It does start May 18th. The following release is dated April 8, so it's the latest info. (I, and hopefully Mediaweek, stand corrected.)

THE BACHELORETTE - SPECIAL TWO-HOUR PREMIERE MONDAY, MAY 18 (9:00-11:00 p.m.), AND REGULAR TIME PERIOD PREMIERE MONDAY, MAY 25 (8:00-10:00 p.m.) - Jillian Harris, the intelligent, independent, passionate woman who fell just short of her goal - hoping that Jason Mesnick could be her best friend, soul mate and future husband on the just completed hit series of "The Bachelor" - will have her own opportunity to find true love, starring in the fifth edition of "The Bachelorette." An instant fan favorite on "The Bachelor," Jillian, 29, a restaurant interior designer, will get to choose from among a group of the country's most eligible bachelors and is confident that she can find the love of her life on the series.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelorette" is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers.
    Link
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

FORT Newbie

Chris Harrison replied to cedodson on Twitter about 18 hrs ago: "I miss them too. We'll be back with more dramatic Rose ceremonies on May 18 with Jillian H as the new bachelorette."

Thanks, atem and Zinnia for the corrected dates. One thing the abcmedia report got wrong, though:

An instant fan favorite on "The Bachelor," Jillian, 29, a restaurant interior designer, will get to choose from among a group of the country's most eligible bachelors and is confident that she can find the love of her life on the series.
    Someone should probably be insulted - just not sure if it would be the American bachelors or the Canadian bachelors, lol.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Great find coastalbc. I'm a hockey fan and it is very unusual for the team not to practice the morning of the game. Somethings up that's for sure. If there was an event the night before, crews work all night to get the ice ready for morning practices. Very unusual.

I've just had a chance to catch up and just a quick note to all you sleuthers, you are all terrific!!! Thanks, for taking the time to find out all the information, and sharing it with us. Very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3408672;
    Thanks, atem and Zinnia for the corrected dates. One thing the abcmedia report got wrong, though:

Someone should probably be insulted - just not sure if it would be the American bachelors or the Canadian bachelors, lol.
    Actually, I think that's what they always put, so I don't anyone would take it as an insult.