Page 49 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859991495491049 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3405728;
    I thought her family was in Westbank.....a suburb of Kelowna.??????
    Yes, I believe her parents relocated there from Alberta. Right? Underneath her name while she was on the Bachelor, it always said "Peace River, Alberta" (where she grew up, I'm assuming) and I believe she said on her HTD that after she moved out, her parents relocated to Kelowna (where I think she said her grandparents are).

Undoubtedly she does have family in Alberta as well, though.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew;3405722;
    I just checked the canuck's schedule and it could be possible that if they were going to one of the games this week it would be the one on Thursday with the LA Kings. Tomorrow night they play Calgary. No doubt the guys, ABC and the ratings would prefer the kings. GM does have 2-3 private boxes that can be rented out. Oh and the weather here today is the warmest so far this year..friggin gorgeous out
    Good point! Glad to see you posting here finally, Nancy Drew.

P.S. I'm jealous about the weather. Your side of the country is blessed!
    - Avalon

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3405400;
    Her family is in Kamloops, she lives in Vancouver, most likely scenario is they're in Vancouver now, going to a Canucks game (similar to previous season when a big group went to an NBA game) and probably doing other things around Vancouver. The would go to Kamloops to meet her family, etc, only later when there are a couple guys left.

Any indication of if they will return to L.A. shortly after this trip to Vancouver, or if much of the following dates and ceremonies will play out in B.C.? Because I can think of a lot of things in B.C. they could do to check if the guys are a good match for her (I think they she was looking for a guy who's into culture as well as nature, camping & fishing). They could go up Vancouver island, in the Tofino area, go salmon fishing, or go hiking in the old beautiful forest, whale watching, it's very remote
    Actually their family lives in Westbank.......a suburb of Kelowna. The lake that they were overlooking when they were at the winery was Okanagan Lake. I believe we might be seeing more of the filming to happen in Vancouver, Whistler, and Kelowna from here out. Here is a map of southern British Columbia if anyone is interested. Hope I can post this
    http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w..._large-1-1.gif

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3405415;
    Curious about what the weather is these days up in the Vancouver area - any one there - or have an idea?!? That would dictate some of the activities I would assume
    The last week the daily highs are around 15 to 20 degrees celcius or around 70F.........the days are very sunny.

She was in Alberta until her 20's when she went to school in BC.

"Jillian grew up in Peace River but moved to Calgary at 19 and soon found design work with the Cactus Club restaurant chain.

She later attended British Columbia Institute of Technology to study interior design and is now the designer for Brown's and Pinky's restaurant chains in Vancouver, where she currently resides."

Her parents later moved to Kelowna, where her HTD was filmed (Okanagan area very scenic, closer to Seattle).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;3405440;
    I looked up the forecast. Not bad for Vancouver in April. Crisp, but acceptable weather for some outdoor activities (most will be indoors). (But camping???)

Today High: 64F Low: 42
    Wednesday High: 54 Low: 42
    Thursday High: 49 Low: 42 Showers
    Friday High: 52 Low: 41
    Saturday High: 50 Low: 40 Few Showers
    sure, why not.........lots have been camping around here already........the daily highs have been around 70F

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3405727;
    Regarding concerts, I believe an event is planned to take place at the Commodore Ballroom. Just guessing it will be a 1:1 like Natasha Bedingfield, or Jillian's own date with Jason where Robin Thicke gave private performance, as opposed to group outing. Great chance for co-promotion.
    Isn't Chris 'following' Robin Thicke on Twitter? I don't know how that stuff works or if it means anything.

eta

I thought it odd, since Robin doesn't seem to post anything on his twitter.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3405523;
    Why not? Well, Julien has businesses in California. But why not a Texan?

I'm still surprised they're bringing 9 guys to Vancouver this early on in the game. To me, the only explanation for this is that Jillian needs to see who likes her city.
    That is the one thing that makes the most sense to me as well.......why cut a guy out that she might actually have a connection with, especially when that guy falls in love with the city that she wants to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3405768;
    Isn't Chris 'following' Robin Thicke on Twitter? I don't know how that stuff works or if it means anything.
    You know who's also following Robin Thicke? Riaz.
    - Avalon

If they're in BC till the 20th and the tech twitter says his phone access will be down, they must be going out into the wild - he wouldn't have cell phone problems in Vancouver! And even though part of the crew is staying in BC until the 20th, doesn't mean the cast is - on jason's season, didn't they go back to Seattle for RC after the HTDs?