Page 20 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930701205201020 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Cupcakes posted awhile back that the producers were filming in Toronto so I am sure one is from there.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3397142;
    Great additions. I'm going to add another one: supposed tycoon. Here's the current list.

supposed virgin
    hot but self-centered
    supposed tycoon
    shy one
    jokester
    aspiring actor with a building portfolio
    boy next door (sweet, but unexciting)
    muscle-beach wannabe
    girlfriend back home on the sly
    momma's boy
    "just want to win"
    loser
    hot but boring
    hot and interesting
    broken engagement
    single dad not sure when to "spring" the news
    chauvinist
    nerd, but endearing
    Add "Exhibitionist"!!!! Remember Paul jumping in the pool in his skivy's with Deanna's name printed on the backside? LOL

FORT Newbie

WELL UNFORTUNATELY, I HATE TO TAKE YOUR BREATH OF FRESH AIR, BUT HE IS DEFINATLY NOT THERE FOR THE RIGHT REASONS. I WOULD SAY ONLY A HANDFUL OF THEM ARE AND THATS PUSHING IT. HE IS MY FRIEND, BUT I DON'T AGREE WITH IT AND THE WORSE PART IS I KNOW HE HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO GO ALL THE WAY . OH WELL, IT IS ONLY TELEVISION RIGHT?

FORT Regular

OH MY! Now we have a show "for the rest of us" Hee Hee! Now I will never get anything done!

Television show - TV Show - Yahoo! TV

Big love: Fox orders heavyweight dating show
    By James Hibberd
    Mon Mar 30, 12:53 AM PDT

Fox is developing a dating-competition series that casts "average-looking" people.

The series, titled "More to Love," is billed as the first "dating show for the rest of us," throwing open its doors to overweight contestants.

"For six years it's been skinny-minis and good-looking bachelors, and that's not what the dating world looks like," Fox president of alternative Mike Darnell said. "Why don't real women -- the women who watch these shows, for the most part -- have a chance to find love too?"

Fox is developing the project with Mike Fleiss, the producer of ABC's "The Bachelor." Indeed, the project has a similar format to "Bachelor," where a group of woman compete for one man (producers describe him as a "Kevin James-type").

It marks the first time Darnell and Fleiss have teamed for a series in about nine years. The duo's previous dating show was the controversial, groundbreaking 2000 special "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?" which set the format template for "Bachelor" and a legion of imitators.

"More to Love" was inspired by the recent ratings success of "Bachelor" and the popularity of NBC's "The Biggest Loser," which Darnell credits with shattering an industry assumption that TV viewers only wanted to watch highly attractive people.

"This show is going to get a lot of people talking," Darnell said. "It may be a little controversial, but I think it will mostly be positive. This is so simple and so obvious, yet it has never been done."

Broadcast reality-dating shows such as the CW's "Beauty and the Geek" and NBC's "Average Joe" have featured less-than-handsome men but paired them with model-esque women.

"Most of the country isn't a Size 2," Fleiss said. "It's the dating show for the rest of us."

Contestants will do the sort of activities seen on "Bachelor," but producers suspect Jacuzzi or massage dates will take on a different perspective. "More to Love" will have makeover aspects -- when contestants wear ballroom gowns, for instance -- but Fleiss said the focus will not be on physical improvement.

"We want to send the message that you can be the size you are and still be lovable," he said. "We aren't going to thin these girls down so they can find love -- that's a backwards message."

But Fleiss has left open the possibility of twists. "More to Love" is casting, and no airdate has been set. For Fox, it marks a return to the relationship genre years after the network aired such shows as "Multi-Millionaire," "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" and "The Littlest Groom."
    Last edited by LAUDGIRL; 03-30-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota1215;3397296;
    WELL UNFORTUNATELY, I HATE TO TAKE YOUR BREATH OF FRESH AIR, BUT HE IS DEFINATLY NOT THERE FOR THE RIGHT REASONS. I WOULD SAY ONLY A HANDFUL OF THEM ARE AND THATS PUSHING IT. HE IS MY FRIEND, BUT I DON'T AGREE WITH IT AND THE WORSE PART IS I KNOW HE HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO GO ALL THE WAY . OH WELL, IT IS ONLY TELEVISION RIGHT?
    Girl, you really need to spill now! Just kidding.

If he's not there for the right reason, what do you mean that he has what it takes to go all the way?

Oh No!!!!!! I hope Jillian can see through him..... Boy was I wrong, eh..
    I can see why you don't want to say his name.

I wonder if his name is John. We heard about a John guy that was vacationing in Mexico and that is what he is doing as well.

Poor Jillian, I hope that the guy that she falls for is in it for the right reasons.
    If indeed she does fall for someone.

FORT Newbie

I guess what I am is to the unassuming eye, he is perfect, really perfect and he could make it to the end, but other motives are involved. No, his name is not John. Yea they definitely take their phones away, I'll keep you guys posted if I hear anything that I can hint at

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota1215;3397682;
    I guess what I am is to the unassuming eye, he is perfect, really perfect and he could make it to the end, but other motives are involved. No, his name is not John. Yea they definitely take their phones away, I'll keep you guys posted if I hear anything that I can hint at
    Mmm...how about blonde or brunette? Eye color? Or, east, west, north or south? Is he a player? What do you mean by 'perfect'? By looks? His background? Seems to be a match for Jillian?

eta

The first 2 are already gorgeous...dang, Jillian really has to look out for her heart!

So many dragons to slay. I hope Jillian has tuned up her sword and shield. If the plan is for Jill to employ a bit of deception of her own, maybe there is good reason for it. Stay strong, girl, and have fun.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Exciting to see some have already narrowed the scope of participants! A later start than first expected, which to me says they had trouble finding the right set of guys... A couple of last minute replacements and now the show is on the road. So we'll have at least two teachers, someone NOT in it for the right reasons, someone from Toronto and a restaurantuer... A good start folks!