Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

there are so many people who might be listed as "pro cyclists" that it's probably an endless exercise. Remember, what's his name (Graham?) on Deanna's season was listed as a "pro basketball player", and there's no way we would have found him based on that description...but good luck if anyone's courageous enough to keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904;3434390;
    USA Cycling announced 21 of their 24 nominees to the 2008 US Olympic Team, including all 16 men headed to Beijing.

A dozen of those selected to compete in road cycling, track cycling, mountain biking and bicycle motocross (BMX) earned automatic nominations under USA Cycling’s Olympic selection procedures. Nine more were chosen by a selection committee.

Levi Leipheimer, third overall in the 2007 Tour de France, was the only man to earn automatic nomination in road cycling. He’ll be joined in the mass start road race by George Hincapie, Jason McCartney, Christian Vande Velde and David Zabriskie. Hincapie becomes the only five-time Olympic cyclist in US history. Leipheimer and Zabriskie were also selected to compete in the time trial.

Kristin Armstrong earned automatic selection for the women’s road team in both the mass start race and time trial.

The track cycling team will include Michael Blatchford, Bobby Lea, Taylor Phinney, Adam Duvendeck, Giddeon Massieon, Michael Friedman in the men’s team and Sarah Hammer and Jennie Reed in the women’s team.

In BMX, which will make its Olympic debut in Beijing, the four-person US team will include Kyle Bennett, current world No. 1 Donny Robinson, Mike Day and Jill Kintner.

Todd Wells and Adam Craig were selected for men’s mountain biking, with Georgia Gould making the women’s team.

The last three committee selections, which include two women’s road racers and one woman mountain biker, will be announced by July 15.

I've checked these guys too. They are either married, racing, training for the next Olympics and/or have been tweeting. Maybe someone from 2004 Olympics.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904;3434396;
    George Hincapie is 35 and resides in Spain
    I don't think so, I commented on him a few pages back. He's been tweeting the entire time.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3434391;
    I didn't read it that way--I read two will meet her family, undetermined number of "final bachelors" get hometown dates--I think it was just bad sentence construction on ABC's part (surprise!).

It sounds as if there are "multiple" dates along the way of the cross-Canada train trip; one assumes at least one of those would be one-on-one. Or maybe it's the two-on-one date, and the rejected guy has to jump a freight train back. What happens to the zip-lining guy is a little worrisome; do they just leave him hanging there while the rest of them hop on a train?
    Hooray! Brit Lit is here!!

I think that 6 is the # of guys who make the RC cut following See Vancouver set of dates/RC. So, all remaining Bachelors, numbering 6 in total, get to go from Whistler across Canada to Banff. And definitely, cozy and adventurous 1:1 along the way.

FORT Newbie

I'm new to posting here - I've found the MediaNet article with indept info about the first episode -- can I post it here or do I have to paraphrase its contents?

Scratch that - I didn't realize it's already in the Media section. Sorry.
    Last edited by CordovaLady1; 05-04-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3434278;
    Is it possible they flew from Vancouver to Spain? that would be about 10 hours if they flew direct on private plane. When I look up Los Angeles to Madrid, it says 13 hours, however those are all connecting flights going commercial. I'm fairly certain flying direct on private plane would cut that back to max 11 hours, so I still think it's correct that they're in Spain for FD
    I know there were quite a few crew who were able to go "home"(LA area) and then flew from LAX to where ever the locale is currently. So, I am thinking the RC after the HTD's took place in LA and not Vancouver and then they all flew from LA.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by CordovaLady1;3434418;
    I'm new to posting here - I've found the MediaNet article with indept info about the first episode -- can I post it here or do I have to paraphrase its contents?

Scratch that - I didn't realize it's already in the Media section. Sorry.
    ! Welcome and don't worry...I do it all the time!

eta

I don't think Spain is a HTD.

Well, the cyclist is riding a road bike in the pic so he's not bmx.

Kip seems awesome.
    Does anyone have a picture of Wes?

Here's Kip's facebook picture before he deactivated (sorry it's so small):

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by Karen445;3434476;
    Does anyone have a picture of Wes?

Wes Hayden (second from right)
    Last edited by fluff; 05-10-2009 at 09:47 AM.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.