Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Is it just me or does the season description make it seem like Jillian is only having 2 home town dates?

FORT Regular

I think there are only two home dates this time too. It would be way more interesting if so. More focus on Jill and her guys this way rather than families!

Quote Originally Posted by kcrom53;3434385;
    I think there are only two home dates this time too. It would be way more interesting if so. More focus on Jill and her guys this way rather than families!
    It does sound like that, the way the worded it...we know there was one in Austin, one driving distance from LA (Kip?)...but I thought there was also a HTD in Toronto?

This season’s premiere, “Episode 501,” begins with 25 eligible men arriving from all over the country to try and win Jillian’s heart, including an Olympic cyclist, a break dance instructor, a pizza entrepreneur, a commercial pilot and a wine maker, as well as a successful lawyer, general contractor, business developer and oil and gas consultant. Each is more handsome than the next with standout personalities. All the men saw Jillian on “The Bachelor” and can’t wait to meet her.

This makes me think the first 25 are all from the US and the 5 that show up late are the Canadians....note the wording in the first line.

And most commercial pilots are arrogant, type A personalities who very much like to enjoy alcohol and women......I am one (well, except I don't do women LOL)

USA Cycling announced 21 of their 24 nominees to the 2008 US Olympic Team, including all 16 men headed to Beijing.

A dozen of those selected to compete in road cycling, track cycling, mountain biking and bicycle motocross (BMX) earned automatic nominations under USA Cycling’s Olympic selection procedures. Nine more were chosen by a selection committee.

Levi Leipheimer, third overall in the 2007 Tour de France, was the only man to earn automatic nomination in road cycling. He’ll be joined in the mass start road race by George Hincapie, Jason McCartney, Christian Vande Velde and David Zabriskie. Hincapie becomes the only five-time Olympic cyclist in US history. Leipheimer and Zabriskie were also selected to compete in the time trial.

Kristin Armstrong earned automatic selection for the women’s road team in both the mass start race and time trial.

The track cycling team will include Michael Blatchford, Bobby Lea, Taylor Phinney, Adam Duvendeck, Giddeon Massieon, Michael Friedman in the men’s team and Sarah Hammer and Jennie Reed in the women’s team.

In BMX, which will make its Olympic debut in Beijing, the four-person US team will include Kyle Bennett, current world No. 1 Donny Robinson, Mike Day and Jill Kintner.

Todd Wells and Adam Craig were selected for men’s mountain biking, with Georgia Gould making the women’s team.

The last three committee selections, which include two women’s road racers and one woman mountain biker, will be announced by July 15.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3434378;
    Is it just me or does the season description make it seem like Jillian is only having 2 home town dates?
    I didn't read it that way--I read two will meet her family, undetermined number of "final bachelors" get hometown dates--I think it was just bad sentence construction on ABC's part (surprise!).

It sounds as if there are "multiple" dates along the way of the cross-Canada train trip; one assumes at least one of those would be one-on-one. Or maybe it's the two-on-one date, and the rejected guy has to jump a freight train back. What happens to the zip-lining guy is a little worrisome; do they just leave him hanging there while the rest of them hop on a train?
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3434364;
    Search "Jilly's first promo." User: dmcong74
    I can't seem to find that u-tube video, I'm sure it's me doing something wrong, is there a link you can send?

OK y'all. I tried my best, but so far,this newbie sleuther has come up with nothing. Do you have any idea how similar these guys look when they're all riding a bike, wearing a helmet & glasses? I checked the Canadian guys that Parasol listed & I don't think any of them are "the guy". Most of them were racing (I even looked up the ones that weren't so pretty).
    Last edited by SaffronSunrise; 05-04-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

George Hincapie is 35 and resides in Spain

eh? quoi? c'est vrai? celinealicious's Avatar
    tęte dans les nuages mais les pieds sur terre

Quote Originally Posted by canigetawitness;3434393;
    I can't seem to find that u-tube video, I'm sure it's me doing something wrong, is there a link you can send?
    oh its there, just type exactly that in tube search box

btw, who names their kid Kip? Love It!! love him too, yum

*to the left to the left*

(foto from Avalon)
    Last edited by celinealicious; 05-04-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    As In The Wise Words Of REID: Who wears short shorts?
    Me singing in response: **ED wears short shorts**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    je ne suis pas cette fille la