Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy0101;3619817;
    Nothing brilliant about the ending. It was hype to get us plugged in. We got played

Even some of those previews they showed wherein there was a guy entering a room and we spent days and hours trying to speculate about the way the door is opening, who it is...is it Ed, Kip, Reid or CH?, only to find out that Ed was simply going out the door to get to the FRC. Man, what a waste of time!

Never again will I expect anything brilliant, most dramatic, last 5 minutes twist from Fleiss and his crew. It's all about keeping you interested but nothing really brilliant from a cookie cutter ending. They simply used Reid's return to get you to speculate if there was a twist in the end but there was none. From what I saw from Reid, I do believe that he came back on his own terms and it was genuine whatever he was doing there. However, Fleiss used it to his advantage to drum up a "brilliant" ending, which really wasn't all that brilliant. Even Jillian, CH hyped it up in their interviews but there was really nothing spectacular about it.
    CH...I don't even want to go there.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by aelinora;3619311;
    "You are everything I could ask for, IN A WOMAN." Im still not convinced Ed isnt gay.
    Oh come on!!!! Ed is not gay. That man is awkward and can't dress. He's a goofy cute nerdy guy.

Also, he has his hands all over her all the time. If he were gay, he wouldn't be touching her like that all the time.

Anyhow. Congratulations to them both. I thought it was an awesome finale. I think they are very cute and yes NATURAL together. I think a lot of you dislike Ed because of the EDiting. They probably had many great funny natural moments together that hit the cutting floor because the show wanted to keep viewers hooked. It was obvious to me from the beginning it was Ed. Like when she has all the guys around her in the snow and she could jump into anyone's arms and she chose Ed. Also, Did anyone see that shot of Ed and Jill laying down together under the blanket with her eyes closed. That was so sweet. You could tell they were into each other. Honestly, I think they will make a great couple and prove a lot of you wrong. I felt they were very real all the way through. The awkwardness, avoiding eye contact, nervousness, down to Jillians shrieks and Ed looking upward with his eyes when she gave him the final rose. They are very cute. They had to give Ed a bad EDit because he was her number one from day one and they had to do something to get you sleuther's something to sleuth about.

Great season. I enjoyed reading the boards. I'll be back for Bachelor. Maybe I'll join in the convos this time.

Take care all!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy0101;3619817;
    Nothing brilliant about the ending. It was hype to get us plugged in. We got played

Even some of those previews they showed wherein there was a guy entering a room and we spent days and hours trying to speculate about the way the door is opening, who it is...is it Ed, Kip, Reid or CH?, only to find out that Ed was simply going out the door to get to the FRC. Man, what a waste of time!

Never again will I expect anything brilliant, most dramatic, last 5 minutes twist from Fleiss and his crew. It's all about keeping you interested but nothing really brilliant from a cookie cutter ending. They simply used Reid's return to get you to speculate if there was a twist in the end but there was none. From what I saw from Reid, I do believe that he came back on his own terms and it was genuine whatever he was doing there. However, Fleiss used it to his advantage to drum up a "brilliant" ending, which really wasn't all that brilliant. Even Jillian, CH hyped it up in their interviews but there was really nothing spectacular about it.
    Anytime they get a proposal, it's a brilliant ending. And to get two and a half in one FRC, I'd say was pretty fantastic.

I'm not Fleiss' minion although I'm feeling like I am. Am I the only one who thought this entire season was brilliant?????

FORT Regular

A keeper between Ed and Jillian? I would give it a few months, max a year! I thought Andy and Tessa were for keeps but they ended up breaking up right after and they looked more genuinely in love. Ed and Jillian is all about heat and physical. That's not a really good basis for a relationship that's for keeps. At first, maybe, but when the honeymoon is over, what is there to keep it lasting?

She had a stronger connection with Reid, IMO. It was just that he was too late, religious differences, etc. but there was a best friend material there.

Quote Originally Posted by vedagirl;3619266;
    What happened with Kiptyn? He came and left in less than 5 minutes?
    Yes, sorry for the delay in responding, could not get back on the site. So sad for Kip (a very nice guy) and really feel bad for Reid too (my favorite). You do not feel or act like Jillian acted with Reid if you are so sure you are in love with somebody else. Reid is right, it does not make much sense. However, I think Chris Harrison pushes Jillian along and she makes her original decision; the one everyone knew had been made.

I was reluctant to post anything while the west coast folks were watching; now everybody knows. Very sad. Although Jillian thinks she is ecstatic; the fact that she thought that Ed might let her down right before she accepted his proposal says it all; she is not so sure of him.

I think she is in love with love and wanted a sure thing (a proposal and ring). I am not sure what to think about the longevity of this situation; but what will be will be. I just hated to see Reid so hurt and Kip's face; I liked them both so much more than Ed. Ed gave the customer Jillian everything she wanted and told her and her family everything they wanted to hear. It was like he was selling a consulting engagement and he closed the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3619372;
    Where was the twist? Where was the you won't know if I end up with someone or who? What the heck. I am so incredibly dissappointed!
    So was I; it left me flat. So expected.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Haha, my niece was watching the show and she was upset with her rejecting Kiptyn and I said that that is what the finale is about and she said but why does she have to reject the nice guys. Ahhh from the mouths of babes...
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Regular

Don't forget to give money (1 dollar or more) to Kips charity. Maybe we should all let him know if he sends us signed pictures of him shirtless we will donate even more.

Burnt out now, going to sleep, feeling guilty for wasting so much time on a boring boring finish. I respect everyone on this board even if I don't agree with them. Ok almost everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley;3619856;
    Ed gave the customer Jillian everything she wanted and told her and her family everything they wanted to hear. It was like he was selling a consulting engagement and he closed the deal.
    What I found hilarious was that Jillian said in her blog that essentially Jake acted like a salesman, trying to sell himself. I think some of their conversations were awkward, but it didn't strike me as selling himself. More like awkwardly trying to let her know he liked her. In the end, the guy she got "engaged" to was the one who was the real salesman.

"Can't see the forest for the trees" and all that, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3619673;
    You got me. .
    I did not see any strange twist. Same old, same old...just to reel us in. I think it was probably one of the more disappointing and unexciting finales. Not many believe in the longevity of the relationship even on the first night. That does not bode well; they are not running down the aisle yet so there is still time for reality to sink in and for them to get to know each other in the real world. Let us see how it fares. If it lasts, it lasts. However, nobody could ever deny the connection that Reid and Jillian had and from what I could see it was still there. They have a way of just putting their heads together leaning on each other....it was so adorable. Really too bad.

But nothing was unexpected.