Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3432233;
    As I stated in an earlier post Fiji is a 10 hour flight and is also considered to be a tropical paradise.
    Only thing is that if they flew out last evening( to Fiji), it looks as if those flights had connecting flights so it ends up being 22 hours. Do you see this or am I looking it up wrong?

just googled flight durations from Los Angeles for different areas, didn't look to see if they were direct flights or not

Gotcha. When I tried to look at flights from last night, it looks as if they had layovers but for tonights flights they are all direct and just over 10 hours.

So, the thought is now toward somewhere in South America afterall?

Where ever "they" are, it appears "they" are there and quite jetlagged. So info should be forthcoming soon.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

lmao I KNEW it would be on...lol...at the beginning of each and every
    bachelor/bachelorette season starts for the last 2 years one channel will show the ABC made movie "I want to marry Ryan Banks"..its almost like they are trying to give you a view of "how things really work' on a reality show..so you don't forget...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Kasha, you're always a bevy of info. Off topic a bit, I'm glad they're taking the guys to a tropical locale, because seriously, you know we all love to see the bare chests. ..................I know I'm not the only one..............
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Megapost®

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3432177;
    If Tahiti is 8,5 hours and we think the flight was actually 10 hours, perhaps they went a bit further, New Caledonia?
    By slower charter jet, it fits. I think New Caledonia is too far.
    Are we under the impression she's at final 2 by now, her parents having already met them? Or do we think she's bringing 3 to fantasy dates like Jason did and her family being flyed out? Any clues on this?
    I don't have detailed info, but I think it's a Fantasy Date location, where they'll also fly out Jillian's family, have the LCDs and the FRC, like with Jasson in New Zealand.
    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3431944;
    Does Mike Fleiss usually go to where the FD/LCD are like with New Zealand or was that due to it being in New Zealand?
    I don't know if Mikey goes himself anymore. It may be in Martin Hilton's hands until after the FRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3432051;
    And I don't think flights are always chartered, ie: Deanna's season crew were reported seen on flights by other passengers and this same crew person talking about the "747" above, mentioned delays and some dissatisfaction regarding US Airways and this was in conjunction with flights for the show.
    Maybe he was commenting on how crowded the 747 was when referring to it being the "smallest 747 ever," never can tell what his actual interpretation might have been.
    Regarding charter jets, I was referring to the principal and contestants, during shooting, not going to the shooting, going home afterwards, or crew.

"Smallest 747 ever" sounds like a sarcastic complaint about the small size of the jet that they did take, not that it was actually a 747.
    Quote Originally Posted by satorus;3432077;
    So - if this is a chartered flight - I'm thinking everyone plus equipment is on board. Does that mean Jillian and the guys, as well as crew, etc, are all on board?
    They might take more than one plane, but yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3432233;
    As I stated in an earlier post Fiji is a 10 hour flight and is also considered to be a tropical paradise.
    As there's a military coup going on in Fiji, I don't think they're going there. The insurance for the crew would be astronomical.
    Quote Originally Posted by canigetawitness;3432206;
    Would they travel to that area again (New Zealand, Australia, French Polynesia)?
    I think tropical French Polynesia is different enough from New Zealand (which is more mountainous and temperate).
    Quote Originally Posted by canigetawitness;3432228;
    How long does it take to fly from L.A. to Costa Rica?
    I just looked it up, LAX to SJO, 9.5 hours is the shortest, commercial. (But every LAX commercial flight is a connecting flight though another city.)

Flights to South America are 12+ hours (none direct from LAX).

Without direct flights, I don't know the time needed for a charter jet.

Tahiti is 8:40 from LAX direct. So that's in.

Looking at a map, given that Tahiti is close enough, Columbia, Venezuela, Ecuador and Peru, are in range, however they all have issues that make such a trip unlikely.

So I think it's Central America, like Costa Rica, or a tropical South Pacific island, like Tahiti.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

I would have to agree with you Zinnia (and everyone else) about Costa Rica. If it's a smaller chartered plane, it would take longer so SJO would be the most likely, and there are so many different regions and things to do in Costa Rica that it would be a great place to do all of the LCD and the FRC and have it look like totally different places. They have beaches, volcanoes, rainforests and desert-like regions so my guess is Costa RIca.

If they're in Costa Rico, I don't understand the jet-lagged comment. Costa Rico is only an hour ahead of Pacific time; French Polynesia is 3 hours behind. Of course, that's not to say that flying all night isn't exhausting.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow