Thread: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904;3432044;
    There is no such thing as a small 747. A 747 holds over 500 people. And they would never charter a plane that size...that's what Obama flies around in with the entire press corp on board.

How many people would they have on the flight?
    Just reporting what was stated by one of the crew on the plane. Take it whatever way you want to, I'm just the messenger and I guess as they say, size is all relative.
    And I don't think flights are always chartered, ie: Deanna's season crew were reported seen on flights by other passengers and this same crew person talking about the "747" above, mentioned delays and some dissatisfaction regarding US Airways and this was in conjunction with flights for the show.
    Maybe he was commenting on how crowded the 747 was when referring to it being the "smallest 747 ever," never can tell what his actual interpretation might have been.
    Last edited by KashatheDiva; 05-02-2009 at 12:54 PM.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

USAirways doesn't own any 747s. Also, they must have left from the US or had a connection in the US. It's illegal for an airline to fly passengers between two foreign countries. So Canada to Tahiti would be illegal. Now if they flew USAirways, I would bet on a Carribbean destination as they have a huge presence there.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904;3432058;
    USAirways doesn't own any 747s. Also, they must have left from the US or had a connection in the US. It's illegal for an airline to fly passengers between two foreign countries. So Canada to Tahiti would be illegal. Now if they flew USAirways, I would bet on a Carribbean destination as they have a huge presence there.
    The US Airways flight is a flight that occurred earlier in the season and not related to this current transport.
    The point I was trying to make is they (staff) do not always take a charter, as this US Airways flight was not a charter. Hope that makes sense.
    I have no clue where their current destination is at this point.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

So - if this is a chartered flight - I'm thinking everyone plus equipment is on board. Does that mean Jillian and the guys, as well as crew, etc, are all on board?

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3431677;
    They boarded a 10-hr flight tonight in LA. So where can you wear flip flops 10 hrs from LA. Carib flights east don't leave this time of day, unless I'm mistaken (charter??). Maybe French Polynesia. That would be great to watch.
    Just some info about Tahiti travel. The Air Tahiti Nui flight leaves almost every night out of LA at 11pm and arrives in Papaeete Tahiti at 4:30am - an 8hour, 30 minute flight. I imagine it may be quite crowded now, as there have been some cheaper fares lately due to a big drop off in Tahiti tourism. They fly A340 jets, not 747s, which hold about 300 passengers and look like a small version of the 747. From there they could catch the 6 am ferry to Moorea or a flight to Bora Bora. Using Tahiti as their base would also allow them to film the Fantasy Dates on one island and the Last Chance Dates on another.
    Last edited by barbell; 05-02-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: add info

If Tahiti is 8,5 hours and we think the flight was actually 10 hours, perhaps they went a bit further, New Caledonia?

Tahiti is trying to promote itself as "a place to fall in love" if you take a look at their tourism website, so perhaps they would have tied their promotions into the bachelorette like New Zealand did on Bachelor by sponsoring the fantasy dates.

Are we under the impression she's at final 2 by now, her parents having already met them? Or do we think she's bringing 3 to fantasy dates like Jason did and her family being flyed out? Any clues on this?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Write;3431817;
    If your right about the flight - it seems like French Polynesia (Tahiti or Bora Bora) is the best bet. There is a flight from LAX to Tahiti tonight (8 ½ hours).
    Guam is another possibility. Again there is a flight tonight, but it is about 12 hours.

Going the other way its about 10 ½ hours to London (not many hot tubs there) or Paris (city of love – but I guess they’ve done that), or Frankfurt (home of the hot dog, lol). The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps they flew to Miami and then on to the Caribbean.
    Would they travel to that area again (New Zealand, Australia, French Polynesia)? I'm wondering if the 10.5 hour flight might be to South America. Just a guess.
    Last edited by canigetawitness; 05-02-2009 at 07:22 PM.

FORT Regular

How long does it take to fly from L.A. to Costa Rica?

As I stated in an earlier post Fiji is a 10 hour flight and is also considered to be a tropical paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3432233;
    As I stated in an earlier post Fiji is a 10 hour flight and is also considered to be a tropical paradise.
    Been looking at Nadi, Fiji. 10 hours 40 minutes