Thread: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3108531;
    He didn't say people. I believe he said topics, it was awkardly phrased.
    What he said was "the two most important subjects in my life".
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm93;3108896;
    I wish he had of. I would've been okay with her choosing Sean, because atleast I saw something romantic there unlike with Jesse.
    Everytime I see Sean, I think of the pic of him in his Sauna. That pic cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3108856;
    Even if the girlfriend rumor is untrue, didn't Jesse still sign an endorsement deal related to his appearance on the show? Maybe that wasn't an issue for DeAnna . . . ?
    Honestly, EVERYONE now goes on this show for reasons other than finding true love. If they go on just to find love they're delusional, imo. This is particularly true of the guys, imo. They do it for the adventure, to get out of funk, to advance their career, to get on t.v. the same as any reality show contestants. This doesn't mean that they can't also be open to falling in love if it happens. We probably won't see the true story happening, but it COULD happen. This whole fantasy of people doing it only for "the right reason" is ludicrous to me. just

You know what totally confuses me....

Jesse is their biggest spokesperson...why would Megan jeopardize her business like that to spread total lies...if she really lied about EVERYTHING why is Jesse still doing promotional appearances for them - I understand he is under contract to wear their clothes but why is he still going and doing special appearances for the company? I would imagine he could certainly get out of his contract based on defamation of character...

Quote Originally Posted by Desstiny;3108725;
    Because we were left seeing a love story unfold between Dee & Jason , It's hard for everyone to wrap their minds around the fact that she chose Jesse instead of him. There was never a love story shown to us , therefore , most people are left feeling angry because of what we didn't get to see - which was the reality that something did happen with her and Jesse and it just got lost in the edit. Sure on the fantasy date we did see them get alot closer - but we also seen her get close to Jason as well and that just fed the fire for all the Jason fans...They just keep giving us more of Jason and Dee - When in fact ( if she did choose Jesse) it should of been the other way around. This is why it's hard for everyone to see Dee's & Jesse's connection - It got left in the shadows of Dee's and Jason's.
    Wonderful post Desstiny ... ICAM!!

After reading all these posts all I know is that I am NOT going to watch the finale at all now. No thank you...No way...
    The greatest gift is to love and be loved in return

FORT Newbie

WHO CARES if Jesse had a g/f when he first went on the show OR that he was doing it to further endorsements? I still don't think either of those make their love less real - I think it makes them both even more blindsided by it. If he had a g/f and she let him go on the show, then clearly they were not as committed as she thought. I don't think he would have to spell that out any more clearly. And secondly, he did not even kiss Deanna until the HTD, when he would have had time to talk to this woman. This, in my opinion, *does* show integrity and is NOT cheating on any level. He told Deanna he wanted to be friends first. I think that is all he really planned on doing - hanging out, being her friend and furthering his career a bit. I really don't see anything wrong with that. He was not married to this other woman, he never tried to "pull one over" on Deanna either. I'm sure *most* of the guys were on there for the fun of it, to further acting/modeling careers, to be a bit of a local celebrity, to try to be the next bachelor, etc. I don't think every person goes on there ONLY hoping they will meet the love of their life. I think that is naive.

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3108873;
    But wouldn't they have stuck out like sore thumbs as possibly the only voices of dissent in a sea of contrived applause? Did they get in with TPTB thinking they were among the "paid extras"? Did they themselves get paid? Did they stay quiet hoping to go unnoticed? Why would TPTB go through the trouble of closing the set to all but "paid extras" and not bother to actually check? Or did they care? Could they have asked for SAG cards? I don't know if actors actually have SAG cards as I'm Canadian, I just find it odd that it became this HUGE secret meeting and there wasn't a secure process for admittance.

Maybe someone who knows a FORT member who went, could post on their behalf?
    As I said, I know a member from here at FORT that went. I've talked to her about it. Now I know she had requested tickets to the ATFR from ABC and she was able to get in. She is not an actress and doesn't have a SAG card (atleast not that I know of and I know what she does for a living and there is absolutely no connection to the entertainment industry). She's just a regular person like most of us here and I think like some other FORT members and probably just like a few casual viewers she was one of the lucky ones (or not depending on how you look at it) that got in.

Quote Originally Posted by thethreej's;3108899;
    Everytime I see Sean, I think of the pic of him in his Sauna. That pic cracks me up.
    Yeah and he was awfully high maintenance, but atleast with him & Deanna I actually saw something there!

FORT Newbie

She explained on MTA that she focuses on the one that she is with. She's an out of sight - out of mind gal. She explained she did it to Jeremy as they enjoyed their night together. This may be how she did with Jesse for the dates - not just for the game show and cameras - it seems she likes the attention and forgets the feelings she has for others.