Thread: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

  1. #2781
    Finale Fan! SecretGarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    Honestly before all of the gf rumors (which I think are rubbish now), Jesse was probably my favorite. The only reason I didn't support him was because of that rumor and I feel like that one rumor clouded my image of him throughout the show. I think a lot of people here feel the same way but we have to remember that it's only a rumor and it can never be proven (or dismissed I suppose). Jason is a very endearing person and Ty is freaking adorable. I rewatched the part where they run into each others arms and it really is one of the most perfect moments ever. I love Jason! I think he's so sincere and cute and warm. But truthfully, I like Jesse too. I think he's really adventurous and outgoing and fun, but serious (fantasy date dinner) when he needs/wants to be. I really admire how meaningful he thinks kissing is and how he didn't kiss DeAnna until the hometown date. And I believe his reason behind this - that he was just afraid to kiss her because he didn't want to "give 110% because of three other dudes" and he didn't want to have his heart broken. I think that because of the whole gf thing, it was easy for all of us to pin as a reason for why Jesse didn't kiss DeAnna and why Jesse "seems fake" when he says things like "it's as real as real can be" (which is admittedly kind of funny ). But that's just the way he talks, and that's his style. it doesn't make him any more real or fake than anyone else. Him saying "I'm so into you" means the same thing as "I'm falling for you," which is exactly what Jeremy (God bless him) and Jason have been saying to her. I know that a snowboarder/skater type person is not the typical winner or contestant of this show, but I will definitely respect Dee for choosing him, if she does. Jesse has a lot to offer. I agree that Fleiss could have done a little better of a job in showing the love story - not necessarily a deeper connection, but maybe just more airtime with Jesse and Dee (though he did have 15 minutes last week, Jason 12, Jeremy 8). Also, he shouldn't have focused SO much on Jason and Ty. how could they NOT touch people's hearts? They are both so cute.

    Anyway, I am finally neutral on the matter. If DeAnna chooses Jason, then I will be really happy. If she chooses Jesse, again - I'll be really happy. I can see chemistry between her and Jesse. I think most of the reason that people don't see it is because guys like Jeremy Graham and Jason have totally overwhelmed the Dee + Jesse factor. All three of them have different and unique personalities, and all seem to be genuinely good people. It's hard to pick a favorite among that bunch, honestly. There are way too many good choices in the top four, and that diverts full attention from any of them. Last season and the season before, F4 didn't have a chance in heck to win, but this season it seems like all of the 4 last men standing had a winner's shot. So again, too many good guys, hard to focus on just one.

    So now this post is way too long, so I'm going to end it by saying that if she truly does choose Jesse, then good for her. But there's a little piece of me that still thinks she will choose Jason, despite all the evidence against him winning.

  2. #2782
    FORT Fan snarkattack222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    299

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    I guess Jason fans should ask Fleiss what is the point of this picture/cap if Deanna indeed didn't choose Jason. The pink flowers in the background is in the grassy area..(it didnt disappear like what other people are saying)


  3. #2783
    FORT Newbie InMyPJ's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    Ok, I've offically started my countdown to the finale and hopefully the END of this obsession!

    Last night I re-watched Jesse's HTD and FD and I admit that on his own he seems like a stand-up guy, obviously successful at his chosen career, into charity for underpriviledged kids (how many 26-yr-old guys appreciate what they have enough to want to help others?) and when he speaks, even tho some of his snowboarder lingo is funny, he is obviously an intelligent guy. Plus his mom and dad were sweethearts.

    My problem at this point is totally with De and the mixed signals she sends out - as pointed out by "The Virgin" Ryan. She is obviously into jocks, like Graham. I think she sent him home too soon, probably because he made her mad again on the HTD, and kept Jeremy and Jason, giving hope to those of us who thought she might like sophisticated, professional men who seem more ready to settle down and have kids.

    I think she should have sent Jason home after the HTD, saying that after seeing him with his son, she realized that her feelings for him were not where they should be to justify keeping him away from Ty. Then send Jeremy home as she did, and let the 2 jocks fight it out! If she was truly falling in love with Graham, it would not have killed her to keep him around for 2 more weeks to give him every opportunity to open up a bit more, and she could have felt good about sending him home at the FR if he never did. Then she would not be getting all of this negative press for hurting Jason.

    IMO, that would have seemed more true to the person she actually is, instead of how ABC is trying to convince us she is.

  4. #2784
    FORT Regular tcutugno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    101

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3108582;
    I don't understand, though, how people can't see anything between Jesse and Deanna. I saw a ton of chemistry between them on the fantasy date and came away from it thinking that I wasn't so sure that Jason was a shoo-in, after all.
    That is exactly how I felt. There is definite chemestru eith Jesse - we just did not get to see it prior to his HTD.

  5. #2785
    FORT Regular Desstiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    80

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    Quote Originally Posted by tcutugno;3108717;
    That is exactly how I felt. There is definite chemestru eith Jesse - we just did not get to see it prior to his HTD.
    Because we were left seeing a love story unfold between Dee & Jason , It's hard for everyone to wrap their minds around the fact that she chose Jesse instead of him. There was never a love story shown to us , therefore , most people are left feeling angry because of what we didn't get to see - which was the reality that something did happen with her and Jesse and it just got lost in the edit. Sure on the fantasy date we did see them get alot closer - but we also seen her get close to Jason as well and that just fed the fire for all the Jason fans...They just keep giving us more of Jason and Dee - When in fact ( if she did choose Jesse) it should of been the other way around. This is why it's hard for everyone to see Dee's & Jesse's connection - It got left in the shadows of Dee's and Jason's.

  6. #2786
    Isn't he cute?! nutty1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Trying to escape REALITY
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3108672;
    Honestly before all of the gf rumors (which I think are rubbish now), Jesse was probably my favorite. The only reason I didn't support him was because of that rumor and I feel like that one rumor clouded my image of him throughout the show. I think a lot of people here feel the same way but we have to remember that it's only a rumor and it can never be proven (or dismissed I suppose). Jason is a very endearing person and Ty is freaking adorable. I rewatched the part where they run into each others arms and it really is one of the most perfect moments ever. I love Jason! I think he's so sincere and cute and warm. But truthfully, I like Jesse too. I think he's really adventurous and outgoing and fun, but serious (fantasy date dinner) when he needs/wants to be. I really admire how meaningful he thinks kissing is and how he didn't kiss DeAnna until the hometown date. And I believe his reason behind this - that he was just afraid to kiss her because he didn't want to "give 110% because of three other dudes" and he didn't want to have his heart broken. I think that because of the whole gf thing, it was easy for all of us to pin as a reason for why Jesse didn't kiss DeAnna and why Jesse "seems fake" when he says things like "it's as real as real can be" (which is admittedly kind of funny ). But that's just the way he talks, and that's his style. it doesn't make him any more real or fake than anyone else. Him saying "I'm so into you" means the same thing as "I'm falling for you," which is exactly what Jeremy (God bless him) and Jason have been saying to her. I know that a snowboarder/skater type person is not the typical winner or contestant of this show, but I will definitely respect Dee for choosing him, if she does. Jesse has a lot to offer. I agree that Fleiss could have done a little better of a job in showing the love story - not necessarily a deeper connection, but maybe just more airtime with Jesse and Dee (though he did have 15 minutes last week, Jason 12, Jeremy 8). Also, he shouldn't have focused SO much on Jason and Ty. how could they NOT touch people's hearts? They are both so cute.

    Anyway, I am finally neutral on the matter. If DeAnna chooses Jason, then I will be really happy. If she chooses Jesse, again - I'll be really happy. I can see chemistry between her and Jesse. I think most of the reason that people don't see it is because guys like Jeremy Graham and Jason have totally overwhelmed the Dee + Jesse factor. All three of them have different and unique personalities, and all seem to be genuinely good people. It's hard to pick a favorite among that bunch, honestly. There are way too many good choices in the top four, and that diverts full attention from any of them. Last season and the season before, F4 didn't have a chance in heck to win, but this season it seems like all of the 4 last men standing had a winner's shot. So again, too many good guys, hard to focus on just one.

    So now this post is way too long, so I'm going to end it by saying that if she truly does choose Jesse, then good for her. But there's a little piece of me that still thinks she will choose Jason, despite all the evidence against him winning.

    I agree with a lot of what you say. The rumors certainly changed my opinion of him thru the show. I wouldn't label him my favorite, but I think I would have liked him more.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

  7. #2787
    FORT Fogey bizbachfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sunny florida
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    that is why I decided to watch w/o rumors in my head so I could just see if something actually developed between them or not

  8. #2788
    FORT Regular gurlbrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    Quote Originally Posted by surviorwannabe;3108654;
    ok.. i hate to do this but I officially discredit my source that told me that the producers made Jesse break up with her. That the source has turned out to be a liar and made everything up.
    Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons why rumors even from people you trust need to be taken with a pinch of salt. It sucks when someone you trust turns out to be a scumbag. The apology actually needs to be made to Jesse who has been made out to be a scumbag in all this.

    I would like everyone to put themselves into Deanna and Jesse's place in all this. You as Jesse know the rumors to be untrue and know that you cannot say anything to refute these rumors due to contractual restraints. If as we think, Deanna, reads these boards, she comes on here and see's a rumor that Jesse had a GF during the show, that TPTB made him break up that that GF during either the FD or HTD, how would y'all feel?

    I know we all have what we think is Deanna's best interests at heart, but would you do something like that to your best friend? If not, why would you do that to someone you don't actually know IRL. What this unfounded rumor has done could have sabotaged a relationship before it had a chance to begin IMO.

    It's a crying shame that whomever started the rumor in the first place, whether it was Megan, her sister or some other busy body didn't keep their mouth shut.

  9. #2789
    FORT Fanatic mamaspy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    new brunswick
    Posts
    423

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    Quote Originally Posted by gurlbrit;3108728;
    Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons why rumors even from people you trust need to be taken with a pinch of salt. It sucks when someone you trust turns out to be a scumbag. The apology actually needs to be made to Jesse who has been made out to be a scumbag in all this.

    I would like everyone to put themselves into Deanna and Jesse's place in all this. You as Jesse know the rumors to be untrue and know that you cannot say anything to refute these rumors due to contractual restraints. If as we think, Deanna, reads these boards, she comes on here and see's a rumor that Jesse had a GF during the show, that TPTB made him break up that that GF during either the FD or HTD, how would y'all feel?

    I know we all have what we think is Deanna's best interests at heart, but would you do something like that to your best friend? If not, why would you do that to someone you don't actually know IRL. What this unfounded rumor has done could have sabotaged a relationship before it had a chance to begin IMO.

    It's a crying shame that whomever started the rumor in the first place, whether it was Megan, her sister or some other busy body didn't keep their mouth shut.

    I agree with your post- how differently would we all have viewed this season if we didn't have preconcieved opinions of several of the guys from all this false information we read on these boards....one of the guys leaving for unknown reasons, Jesse's having a gf the whole time, breaking up with her by text msg at the htd, etc etc etc.

    Almost makes one think we should watch the show without sleuthing ???
    But then what would I do with the rest of the time that I spend on these boards? housework?? (shudder)

    Enjoyed the ride......I wasn't a big fan of Deanna's anyway- (when she said Brad broke America's heart by dumping her- I thought 'wait a minute, you're overestimating your own popularity girl'. ) But it was fun watching all those hot shirtless guys all these weeks. And if she and Jesse are happy- more power to them. And all the guys who couldn't find love before? Maybe they got little black books in their goody bags, heaven knows - some will probably need them for all the new numbers they will be collecting.....I bet even Ryan can 'get some' now......

  10. #2790
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    68

    Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

    Quote Originally Posted by tcutugno;3108717;
    That is exactly how I felt. There is definite chemestru eith Jesse - we just did not get to see it prior to his HTD.
    Probably because we were all too busy finding fault with Jesse and believing rumors that have turned out to not be true! Don't forget, Jesse was with her first in the house and they most likely had lots of time to talk.
    I think the chemistry was always there. We're all mad because the EDITING was never there and we we're thrown for a loop. Can't blame Deanna and Jesse for that! I actually feel bad that Jesse was edited the way he was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.