Thread: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

Re: I guess paid audience members wasn't the answer either

Quote Originally Posted by lolababy;3106834;
    I also think the fact that Jason is Jewish is something that has not really been brought up here. I know discussing religion is not PC and therefore not on the show, but it *is* an issue when you are talking marriage. I think Deanna wants the whole "Big Fat Greek Wedding" and you CAN'T have a Greek Orthodox wedding with a non-Christian. The reason I think it does matter to her is because when she had one-on-one with Eric, he asked if she were Greek Orthodox and she said something like "yes of course" or something like that. She did not say "I grew up that way but...". Marrying outside of the Church is a VERY BIG deal if you are Orthodox. It means that you cannot participate in the Sacraments of the Church (take Communion, etc) Maybe if she had an instant, love-at-first-site with Jason, this would be something she could give up, but when she has two great guys, this is going to be a big part of the decision, in my opinion.

THANK YOU!!!! Finally, someone says it! I am Orthodox, too. IT IS A BIG DEAL! Jason would have to convert... Didn't anyone watch MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING????????
    I would think DeAnna would have already known that, so why is it suddenly a big deal? Couldn't she say to the producers to make sure not to have a man that couldn't convert?

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3106806;
    Being a mother to your own kids and prioritize them is sooo different than prioritizing another woman's child while you are still getting to know your man. Why is this so difficult to understand among Jason fans? How many of you were single with no children, moved to another state to be a stepmom? Was every moment paradise? From a page of a novel, it must be the most romantic thing to play mother to a cute kid and heal the wounds of a nice caring man. But its not real life. In real life -- you have to deal with a lot of variables, deny your own needs and live with stepmother/ second wife title all your life. I don't think that's Deanna at all.
    I doubt few would disagree with you on the difficulties of being a stepmom. My mom was one - thank goodness, as the siblings I gained are my family. We also have step neices through my sister and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I think the question your comments lead me to is, at what point did she realize this wasn't for her? Did it really come down to the last minute as we're being asked now to believe? And, again, I think that the editing clearly didn't require such a focus on De and Jason once that outcome was determined, so why so many PI's with De saying that was a non-issue? I'm sure some people would've given her a hard time if she owned up to that being a concern, but I certainly thionk it would've been reasonable for them to discuss this very real, life-changing consideration if that were part of her decision-making. I think that would've been a healthy dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by nancyT;3106828;
    And you didn't see that with Jason, either.

Actions speak louder than words.

Jason left his 3 year old little boy for his own selfish pursuit! He was chasing after a dream for a slim chance of hooking up with a woman he didn't even know. That isn't a very good indication he'd be there for a wife to talk to her, take care of her, etc. If he'll do that with a very young child, of whom he has sole custody, why would anyone believe he'd treat a grown, independent woman any differently?! This is something I do. not. understand!

I saw somewhere that Jason shares custody of his son with his ex-wife.

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nancyT;3106828;
    And you didn't see that with Jason, either.

Actions speak louder than words.

Jason left his 3 year old little boy for his own selfish pursuit! He was chasing after a dream for a slim chance of hooking up with a woman he didn't even know. That isn't a very good indication he'd be there for a wife to talk to her, take care of her, etc. If he'll do that with a very young child, of whom he has sole custody, why would anyone believe he'd treat a grown, independent woman any differently?! This is something I do. not. understand!

Sorry, but I absolutely disagree. Deanna said about Jason the following, "He's very generous, very caring, and he would always listen to me. If anything was ever bothering me he would always say, 'Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?' He was just always there for me and I knew I could depend on him."

Also, regarding custody, Jason shares custody with his ex-wife and also, his parents and several family members live close by and can take care of Ty if necessary.
    Last edited by Shannonm93; 07-05-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

I also think the fact that Jason is Jewish is something that has not really been brought up here. I know discussing religion is not PC and therefore not on the show, but it *is* an issue when you are talking marriage. I think Deanna wants the whole "Big Fat Greek Wedding" and you CAN'T have a Greek Orthodox wedding with a non-Christian. The reason I think it does matter to her is because when she had one-on-one with Eric, he asked if she were Greek Orthodox and she said something like "yes of course" or something like that. She did not say "I grew up that way but...". Marrying outside of the Church is a VERY BIG deal if you are Orthodox. It means that you cannot participate in the Sacraments of the Church (take Communion, etc) Maybe if she had an instant, love-at-first-site with Jason, this would be something she could give up, but when she has two great guys, this is going to be a big part of the decision, in my opinion.

THANK YOU!!!! Finally, someone says it! I am Orthodox, too. IT IS A BIG DEAL! Jason would have to convert... Didn't anyone watch MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING????????

And what religion is Jesse?!?!? What religion was D's mom - not greek orthodox - what about her step-mom - that has little to do with whom-ever D marries - per family history. I doubt very much that she is a strong practictioner of her religious background
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm93;3106128;
    Well he definetely would've been sent home by me that first night.
    I'd have fired his sorry a$$ right back into the limo...

No on second thought... call a cab

FORT Newbie

you would've thought that something of this importance would've been brought up MUCH earlier in their relationship then. Maybe because I am Jewish, I knew right away that Jason was too. Also, by going on a show like this, one should be open to dating and marrying people outside of the race and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3106838;
    I would think DeAnna would have already known that, so why is it suddenly a big deal? Couldn't she say to the producers to make sure not to have a man that couldn't convert?
    Well, this brings up a whole new possibility of why Brad turned her down. Maybe he wanted to choose her, but at the last minute decided he didn't have it in him to convert. It also might explain why he wouldn't go into it with her on national television...with religion being un-PC and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Salijo;3106863;
    Well, this brings up a whole new possibility of why Brad turned her down. Maybe he wanted to choose her, but at the last minute decided he didn't have it in him to convert. It also might explain why he wouldn't go into it with her on national television...with religion being un-PC and all.
    That's a very interesting point, but I think it also shows she'd be open to marrying someone who isn't Greek Orthodox (although if he's at least Protestant, that's probably a much smaller hurdle to jump than being Jewish).

FORT Regular

If DeAnna is in love, then good for her. She doesn't need to justify that you anyone. Some of you people really scare me.