Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: DeAnna's final two

FORT Fan

Re: DeAnna's final two

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3082666;
    [/B]

I don't think I have ever agree more with a post in my life. Especially the bolded part. One of the main reasons I married my husband was his love for children and how he showed that love. He is the best daddy and that is one of the reasons I love him so much after almost 30 years of marriage.
    I second that!! De wants kids; she wants to be a mom and that can be a powerful desire. With Jason also loving kids (as his mom conveyed), that is a MAJOR building block to the foundation of their relationship.

And, I too see a slightly different De around Jason. She acts more submissive, very sweet and "sparkly eyed." She's not as pushy with him because she doesn't have to be - he's right there along with her; nice ying yang thing going.

Remember that scene at the Space Needle restaurant where they were leaning into each other across the table - holding both hands - and she had a huge smile on her face that just couldn't be wiped off? When they got up, De continued to hold Jason's hand with both of her hands. Not an expert on body language but does that convey a trust in Jason to let him take the lead???

Just a little on Jason...

The thing I find most endearing about Jason is his smile... He just has this joy about him, so much so that it's both palpable and infectious. And I think that's what ends up catching De by surprise. By the end, she's just completely taken by him.

If there were just more people like him and his family (from what we saw the other night at least) we'd be doing okay!
    Last edited by dpao84; 06-26-2008 at 08:00 PM.
    "You know Ryan as the firefighting athlete who won my heart on a television show. I know though, that it was not only my heart that was won. Millions of you fell for him, but not just for him - but for the hope of him." ~Trista~

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mtusk42;3082834;
    Not an expert on body language but does that convey a trust in Jason to let him take the lead???
    And, as was pointed awhile ago, Jason is the only one seen driving the car with DeAnna as the passenger...

Sorry for the double post. Must be a slow(er) night...filled with satisfied customers?
    Last edited by Tiger Pride Mom; 06-26-2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3082276;
    I just don't like Dee around Jason. She's not herself.
    Though I respect your opinion, I like her a good deal more around Jason. I think one thing we agree on is that she is different around Jason and I think this is hugely significant. I see a softer gentler Dee - a nurturing person with good mothering instincts. I would sure like to believe that this is the Dee that she wants to be and may be discovering that side of her for the first time.

I can state that I am a guy - been divorced twice and got it right the 3rd time (been married to my soul mate for 26 years this July) and I was certainly not the same person in my previous marriages that I am today. I always WANTED to be the person I am now - it just couldn't happen. Maybe one of the reasons this marriage works is that I am the person I want to be and my wife is the person she wants to be and those people are what we both want.

Quote Originally Posted by jr956678;3083329;
    Though I respect your opinion, I like her a good deal more around Jason. I think one thing we agree on is that she is different around Jason and I think this is hugely significant. I see a softer gentler Dee - a nurturing person with good mothering instincts. I would sure like to believe that this is the Dee that she wants to be and may be discovering that side of her for the first time.

I can state that I am a guy - been divorced twice and got it right the 3rd time (been married to my soul mate for 26 years this July) and I was certainly not the same person in my previous marriages that I am today. I always WANTED to be the person I am now - it just couldn't happen. Maybe one of the reasons this marriage works is that I am the person I want to be and my wife is the person she wants to be and those people are what we both want.

JR - what a great post - and congrats to you too I see the same - D is a completely different person with Jason - she relaxes and lets her guard down and lets that sun shine thru. The walls just come down for her when she is with him.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Beautiful post! Congrats on such a long and happy marriage and for finding your soul mate!!!

I agree that she is different, but it is a better kind of different. She is much softer and really seems to let her guard down around Jason, which is an excellent sign, IMO!
    Last edited by Alelady; 06-26-2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Added more

Has anyone thought that the fireworks mentioned are actually fireworks in the sky?
    Last edited by Mantenna; 06-27-2008 at 02:39 AM.
    The greatest gift is to love and be loved in return

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pride Mom;3082878;
    DeAnna said (in reflection) in an early interview that she was surprised that she was attracted to guys who weren't ususally her type. Graham was her usual type.
    The part I bolded reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where one of the characters comments that none of gang were much good at relationships, seeing as how none of them ever had one that lasted. If you have a history of dating a certain kind of man and it never works out, then why keep seeking out that type? Seems that the relationships with the sort of man you've always considered to be your "type" always go bust. If you're seriously looking to get married, then look outside your comfort zone.

If DeAnna is really, truly wanting to get married, then picking Jeremy is a no-brainer. Jason would probably be just as good, but she really doesn't seem that keen on being a stepmommy. (Yes, yes, she's very kind to the child, but as much as I dislike DeAnna, I do think she grasps that a walk in the park to feed the ducks is a far cry from day-to-day parenting. There's also the ex-factor to consider - she'd be co-parenting with the real mom, whose wishes always trump the step-parent's. If the real mom is one-third as controlling a personality as DeAnna, it would be disastrous.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It has been siad many times the real Mom is not in the pic at all. Gave up all rights.
    The greatest gift is to love and be loved in return

Excellent post, please do continue posting! I agree DeAnna is the person that she has always wanted to be when she is with Jason. She pretty much said so herself on their 1on1 date. After her mom died she became this person who hid everything and was the one who was strong for everyone else. On that date the walls started crumbling and for the first time someone asked her about her mom and she felt so trusting that she let Jason into that part of her life. I mean they just mesh together so beautifully.

Congratulations on finding your soulmate!