Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final 3

The Final 3

I am so excited for the Fantasy Dates next week: here are some thoughts I have and they are in order of how I think they go F3-F2-F1

Jeremy: he just wowed me on Monday night and I found myself really liking him - more than I have all season. He showed such an openess to De and really invited her into his life. But I see where they are taking the edit...their only connection is their "tragic" life. While I think the connection is more based on how they both reacted to where they are in life - this is not the way I see the edit going. Jeremy seems to have an AMAZING capacity to love and while I was not sure I would have enjoyed him as the bachelor - I am now thinking that would be a great season.

I think that De lets him go this week to spare any further heartbreak. I have also seen a lot of speculation that she does not give him the Fantasy Suite Card...that will be very interesting if in fact that is how things play out.

Jesse: I am not a Jesse fan but on Monday - I completely got it. He was so great when they were skiing and he was so totally in his element and comfortable with her. But I can't put the girlfriend out of my mind. I think Jesse went on the show for promotional purposes but there is a big part of me that thinks that he really had no idea that he would fall for De. But even so their worlds are REALLY too far apart. I think she had fun snowboarding with him but I don't think she would love that life. And I don't think Jesse would love her life. They both admitted that entering the other's world was a huge departure from their comfort zone.

I am not sure what to think of his Fantasy Suite Card reaction. Do any of us really believe that Jesse is the type of guy who waits to meet the parents before becoming intimate? Actually that is a pretty hilarious notion - "I am so delighted to meet you Mr. Pappas - now I can bed your daughter!" So I am guessing that this is a plan he cooked up with his girlfriend - whom he still appears to be showing some loyalty to - again - while I somewhat admire his desire to keep his word to her...I still have major issues with the whole situation....and it is the girlfriend back home with whom he ends things with that lead me to believe that he can't possibly be the F1...pretty strong rumors suggest De is engaged and I just can't see that Jesse would have proposed to her. He is not ready for that sort of commitment yet.

Jason: I have been smitted with Jason since he ran shirtless across my screen in the premiere and THEN snuggled into bed with Ty...ahhhh....anyway I think next week we will see their love story break wide open. There have been so many things holding both of them back but I think now they will finally have a chance to focus on each other. Their first real chance to spend together, Jason told her about Ty and it is likely a majority of the evening was spent focusing on Jason's divorce, the ex and Ty...cut to their next time alone - and she is upset after her 2-1 date and they discuss that. This week they were both able to really deal with the issue of Ty (man - I really hate calling Ty an issue but I can't think of a better word) They both knew that she had to interact with him before they knew if there was any viability in the relationship. De said it best when she told Jason that she was so nervous meeting Ty b/c if his parents didn't like her - they could deal with that but if Ty doesn't like her then that is a dealbreaker. I actually loved that she got that and let Jason know that she got that. The HTD showed both of them that things can work and De even said in a PI - "As soon as I saw Jason with his son, that was it." Watching Jason say goodbye to Ty was heart-wrenching for me - so you know it must have been a million times worse for De. But what a great sign from Jason - she knows what she means to Jason - what he is willing to sacrafice for her and I am sure that spoke volumes to her.

Cut to the fantasy date - Ty is no longer an issue. De has embraced the idea of being a stepmom and now she can fully explore a relationship with Jason. For both of them there will be a new comfort level. Jason has now included Ty in the relationship and I think that will help him give his heart to DeAnna. I think they have both to some degree been holding back and I see that changing drastically this week. Jason's reaction to the Fantasy Suite card is priceless. This is a man who has decided to reach out and grab this amazing woman in front of him and never let go.

The bottom line to me is that Jason is what De wants and needs in her life. He is sexy, charming, sensitive, caring, loving, romantic, funny, adventurous, family-oriented and I think he is the whole package that De is looking for.

Re: The Final 3

Wow, outstanding post, Cape!!!
    ITA with everything you said. I've always felt like DeAnna tried not to develop too deep feelings for Jason before meeting Ty. Now that she met him and also now tha Graham's gone, I think the little sparks that have always been there with Jason and DeAnna are going to turn into an inferno!!
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3078066;
    I am so excited for the Fantasy Dates next week: here are some thoughts I have and they are in order of how I think they go F3-F2-F1

Jeremy: he just wowed me on Monday night and I found myself really liking him - more than I have all season. He showed such an openess to De and really invited her into his life. But I see where they are taking the edit...their only connection is their "tragic" life. While I think the connection is more based on how they both reacted to where they are in life - this is not the way I see the edit going. Jeremy seems to have an AMAZING capacity to love and while I was not sure I would have enjoyed him as the bachelor - I am now thinking that would be a great season.

I think that De lets him go this week to spare any further heartbreak. I have also seen a lot of speculation that she does not give him the Fantasy Suite Card...that will be very interesting if in fact that is how things play out.

Jesse: I am not a Jesse fan but on Monday - I completely got it. He was so great when they were skiing and he was so totally in his element and comfortable with her. But I can't put the girlfriend out of my mind. I think Jesse went on the show for promotional purposes but there is a big part of me that thinks that he really had no idea that he would fall for De. But even so their worlds are REALLY too far apart. I think she had fun snowboarding with him but I don't think she would love that life. And I don't think Jesse would love her life. They both admitted that entering the other's world was a huge departure from their comfort zone.

I am not sure what to think of his Fantasy Suite Card reaction. Do any of us really believe that Jesse is the type of guy who waits to meet the parents before becoming intimate? Actually that is a pretty hilarious notion - "I am so delighted to meet you Mr. Pappas - now I can bed your daughter!" So I am guessing that this is a plan he cooked up with his girlfriend - whom he still appears to be showing some loyalty to - again - while I somewhat admire his desire to keep his word to her...I still have major issues with the whole situation....and it is the girlfriend back home with whom he ends things with that lead me to believe that he can't possibly be the F1...pretty strong rumors suggest De is engaged and I just can't see that Jesse would have proposed to her. He is not ready for that sort of commitment yet.

Jason: I have been smitted with Jason since he ran shirtless across my screen in the premiere and THEN snuggled into bed with Ty...ahhhh....anyway I think next week we will see their love story break wide open. There have been so many things holding both of them back but I think now they will finally have a chance to focus on each other. Their first real chance to spend together, Jason told her about Ty and it is likely a majority of the evening was spent focusing on Jason's divorce, the ex and Ty...cut to their next time alone - and she is upset after her 2-1 date and they discuss that. This week they were both able to really deal with the issue of Ty (man - I really hate calling Ty an issue but I can't think of a better word) They both knew that she had to interact with him before they knew if there was any viability in the relationship. De said it best when she told Jason that she was so nervous meeting Ty b/c if his parents didn't like her - they could deal with that but if Ty doesn't like her then that is a dealbreaker. I actually loved that she got that and let Jason know that she got that. The HTD showed both of them that things can work and De even said in a PI - "As soon as I saw Jason with his son, that was it." Watching Jason say goodbye to Ty was heart-wrenching for me - so you know it must have been a million times worse for De. But what a great sign from Jason - she knows what she means to Jason - what he is willing to sacrafice for her and I am sure that spoke volumes to her.

Cut to the fantasy date - Ty is no longer an issue. De has embraced the idea of being a stepmom and now she can fully explore a relationship with Jason. For both of them there will be a new comfort level. Jason has now included Ty in the relationship and I think that will help him give his heart to DeAnna. I think they have both to some degree been holding back and I see that changing drastically this week. Jason's reaction to the Fantasy Suite card is priceless. This is a man who has decided to reach out and grab this amazing woman in front of him and never let go.

The bottom line to me is that Jason is what De wants and needs in her life. He is sexy, charming, sensitive, caring, loving, romantic, funny, adventurous, family-oriented and I think he is the whole package that De is looking for.

[edit]

Jeremy: Bottom line - they are kindred spirits based on a mutual tragic experience. He has presented himself well - but, I think he is gone because there is not the right kind of love for him. I worry a bit about him - his perfection reflects a little obsessive compulsiveness (not uncommon for people recovery from traumatic experiences). DeAnna doesn't strike me as a neat freak and probably did not feel "as home" with it. Sweet guy - and in my opinion - clearly the most handsome and a true gentle spirit.

Jesse: I agree - I saw a new side of him on the slopes and I was impressed. But, he is not in the same place in his life right now as DeAnna is. I think this will be the deciding factor and if/when the old girlfriend comes to topic, she will be confirmation to her that he is not the one. I wish we knew the girlfriend to get the real scoop on what happened. The fantasy date reaction? He knows he is not ready - and is avoiding an uncomfortable situation that I suspect he knows will deceive her in the end... which has been the never-ending reason for her decisions.

Jason: Well... I think the leap frog scene sealed the deal. He was apparently filmed last - and I think their time together and with the family healed the exit-Graham wounds. In fact, I think that HTD conveyed to her - "finally - I found where I want to be".
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 06-25-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaGeorge;3078119;
    Jason: Well... I think the leap frog scene sealed the deal. He was apparently filmed last - and I think their time together and with the family healed the exit-Graham wounds. In fact, I think that HTD conveyed to her - "finally - I found where I want to be".
    I agree, great new thread! But, uh... cape, don't you sleep? :nono

I was thinking about Jason's HTD yesterday and after reading some recaps, thoughts from other posters, and even the episode description. There is a concern that she's in love with the idea/ideal that Jason's family provides - a warm, welcoming family so like her own, an adorable little boy, and Jason as a great father. Kind of akin to the Jerry Maguire theme - he falls in love with the little boy and marries his Mom because of a sense of obligation, at least at first.

It would be easy to make that leap in logic, but the more I thought about it, while I think the comfort and security that Jason's family represents IS part of her ultimate decision, it is a part of who he is, I think it is only part of the equation and not the only reason he's her (probable) F1. I personally have seen her slowly falling for Jason all along. I think there is more emotion, connection, and yes, even chemistry, there than we've seen and I think what we've seen is pretty good by itself. I think we've just scratched the surface of their building relationship.

To answer the question in the episode description, is she falling more for his family than she is for Jason? I think it's a little bit of both. As you said, cape, I think finally meeting Ty, seeing Jason in his element, she can relax and enjoy and explore that relationship now and grab on with both hands. The idea of picking up and moving and being far away from her own family would be made just that much easier knowing that a family like Jason's is there to support her. It makes ME less nervous for her, too.

Great thread, I look forward to the discussion.

FORT Newbie

Cape, what a wonderful post. I am a newbie here, but so enjoy it here so much more than the other, with their hatefulness, etc. I have rewatched Jason's HTD several times online and just get all sappy over and over again. What I saw in all the encounters with Jason and the other guys is he let's her open up and asks questions of her, it's just NOT a "me this and me that" with the guys supposedly "opening up". Have I made any sense? I can think it, but getting it out verbally or "written" down is one of my shortfalls. Again thank you so much for your wonderful posts and everyone elses. It's so refreshing to read posts that are so insightful and non bashing and tearing apart.

FORT Observer

Great thread cape! Thank you for starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaGeorge;3078119;
    ITA Stella. In spite of the whole post-RC drama, I can't shake the feeling that De had pretty much decided that she was going to pick Jason after that date. The post-RC really seemed more like a "I have the chance to vent ALL of my frustations now and get this over with" moment as opposed to a "Oh, I really regret what I have done" moment.

I have always watched HER behavior with the bachelors when it comes to forming an opinion on who I think she is going to choose. As usual, I saw her as being the happiest, most comfortable and natural with Jason in Seattle. I think she sensed it too.

I also still enjoy Jesse's edit, even after knowing about the promotion and ex-girlfriend. Besides Jason, he is the only other bachelor with whom DeAnna seems to really enjoy her time. They really appeared to be forming a nice friendship and it saddens me that it might be ruined when all is revealed.
    As you can tell, depending on who the particular contestant is that you are rooting for, many times the degree of accuracy by the sleuthers is not particularly appreciated. However, the degree of accuracy, nonetheless, is generally quite high. -The ever astute Bloomers

I must say I like all 3 remaining gentleman. And I liked their families also. Jeremy's may have seemed a bit rough, but they were looking out for the brother they love. DeAnna did a good job in picking her F3.
    It's going to be tough letting Jeremy or Jason go. Both have become so emotionally involved in her. It's going to be a tough 2 shows for us viewers to watch!
    Aaah, what some women would give to have those 3 guys fighting over her!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;3078124;

To answer the question in the episode description, is she falling more for his family than she is for Jason? I think it's a little bit of both. As you said, cape, I think finally meeting Ty, seeing Jason in his element, she can relax and enjoy and explore that relationship now and grab on with both hands. The idea of picking up and moving and being far away from her own family would be made just that much easier knowing that a family like Jason's is there to support her. It makes ME less nervous for her, too.
    Her trepidation to leave the familiar is part of insecurity - many people do not naturally take a leap of faith, unless they see another vine to cling to. I do believe she learned a lot about herself and even more about the kind of man that is really 'right' for her (which flies in the face of what she has usually been attracted to).

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by skylighter;3078136;
    Great thread cape! Thank you for starting it.

ITA Stella. In spite of the whole post-RC drama, I can't shake the feeling that De had pretty much decided that she was going to pick Jason after that date. The post-RC really seemed more like a "I have the chance to vent ALL of my frustations now and get this over with" moment as opposed to a "Oh, I really regret what I have done" moment.

I have always watched HER behavior with the bachelors when it comes to forming an opinion on who I think she is going to choose. As usual, I saw her as being the happiest, most comfortable and natural with Jason in Seattle. I think she sensed it too.

I also still enjoy Jesse's edit, even after knowing about the promotion and ex-girlfriend. Besides Jason, he is the only other bachelor with whom DeAnna seems to really enjoy her time. They really appeared to be forming a nice friendship and it saddens me that it might be ruined when all is revealed.
    Jesse strikes me more like a committed bachelor than someone who would easily open up to a committed relationship (enter ex-girlfriend - would be nice to get her point of view on her past relationship with him). I just don't see where Jesse is not perfectly content in his life right now - Yes, I think he is open to a relationship commitment - but not now.

As for Jeremy - sweet to no end - but, I'd like to see more healing. Seems when his folks died, he erected a wall around his heart - would probably be good to get out from behind the wall on his own w/o DeAnna holding his hand while he does it. I sense he is vulnerable to a co-dependent relationship - a lifestyle that would never work for her.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by anxiousamI;3078132;
    Cape, what a wonderful post. I am a newbie here, but so enjoy it here so much more than the other, with their hatefulness, etc. I have rewatched Jason's HTD several times online and just get all sappy over and over again. What I saw in all the encounters with Jason and the other guys is he let's her open up and asks questions of her, it's just NOT a "me this and me that" with the guys supposedly "opening up". Have I made any sense? I can think it, but getting it out verbally or "written" down is one of my shortfalls. Again thank you so much for your wonderful posts and everyone elses. It's so refreshing to read posts that are so insightful and non bashing and tearing apart.
    Yes, perfect sense. His focus is on her - laying a foundation that allows her to "come out" - - ...'How do you feel about that? Was it what you expected?..." It conveys to a woman (at least to me it does) that this guy is really interested in "me".

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast