Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: The Final 3

FORT Fan

Re: The Final 3

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3085838;
    I agree talldede
    I think DeAnna really wanted to love Jeremy a lot, (I mean what is not to love), but it just didn't happen, even though she gave it every opportunity and chance and wanted it. I have really grown to care about Jer the past few episodes and I wish him nothing but happiness and joy in his life....and love with someone who can return it. I think his goodbye is going to be very painful for De....and Jer too of course. Hurting Jer is the last thing she would ever want to do. Thanks
    Karey
    I was just thinking of all the things D has had in common with the guys, but love didn't happen. Was thinking early on of the Greek guy, eric, I think, and greek was not enough. Just Graham being hot, wasn't enough. I think that both D and Jeremey sharing a parent loss, while significant, just wasn't enough to fall in love with him. I also think D wanted to, what a great guy Jeremey is, but another grabbed her heart.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mtusk42;3085905;
    QUESTIONS for someone "in the know" on production of Final Dates...

I was on timeline thread, where I first posted this, and I see that there is a day off in between each Fantasy Date. Could De have used that following day for more time with her date from the previous day and/or to spend more time with her "true" chosen one?? Or is this just how production works - they need to take a day off in between for prep work??

Maybe I am desperately looking for more time/days that Jason and De could have used to really connect but I find it interesting that the day before and the day after her date with Jason are called "off" days ... is this normally how it happens??

Saturday, 4/26: Travel
    Sunday, 4/27: Fantasy Date - Jeremy's date is shown first - but is it taped first?
    Monday, 4/28:day off
    Tuesday, 4/29: Fantasy Date - Jason's date shown second
    Wednesday, 4/30: Day off
    Thursday, 5/1: Fantasy Date - Jesse's date shown third
    Friday, 5/2: RC 3/2 Cut (I have confirmed info that the RC takes place on this date!)

Thanks for any insight!
    Your post brought up a question, please forgive if it has already been answered, I am so behind in my reading...... But is the showing of the FD actually in the same order as they were filmed? Jeremy, Jason and Jesse. Thanks.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ProudKsGrandma;3086831;
    Your post brought up a question, please forgive if it has already been answered, I am so behind in my reading...... But is the showing of the FD actually in the same order as they were filmed? Jeremy, Jason and Jesse. Thanks.
    No one answered/commented on my FD question.

I had another question in the Timeline thread that Capegal offered insight to ... that question was did it appear that Jason spent the night of his HTD with De at what looked to be a hotel room.

Maybe it was said off camera but it looked like Jason was leaving his son for an extended period. I didn't know why - if indeed he was spending night with his own family/son - that someone didn't comfort Ty by saying "Daddy will see you in the morning" or show Jason/De putting Ty to bed ... based on everyone's reactions/crying, it looked like Jason was going away for a while when he could indeed be waking up next morning with son and then fly back out to California for rose ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by mtusk42;3086835;
    No one answered/commented on my FD question.

I had another question in the Timeline thread that Capegal offered insight to ... that question was did it appear that Jason spent the night of his HTD with De at what looked to be a hotel room.

Maybe it was said off camera but it looked like Jason was leaving his son for an extended period. I didn't know why - if indeed he was spending night with his own family/son - that someone didn't comfort Ty by saying "Daddy will see you in the morning" or show Jason/De putting Ty to bed ... based on everyone's reactions/crying, it looked like Jason was going away for a while when he could indeed be waking up next morning with son and then fly back out to California for rose ceremony.

I'm not sure that final 4 are allowed to spend "unsupervised time" with their families - i.e. without the production crew or some rep. present. The guys
    are kept pretty tightly under wraps until they are officially eliminated. My sense with Jason was that he wasn't going to be back with the fam. until he was either "the one" or eliminated in his turn.

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skylighter;3086816;
    Say word! You summed it perfectly Shannon. Going to either extreme really isn't a good thing within the context of this show. As you said, you can't become obsessed with what the bach/ette is doing with the others, but completely blocking it out is not a good thing either, especially when it comes to dealing with the aftermath of the show if you are the F1. It might not have been fun for Jason to watch DeAnna become upset during the whole "Graham departure," but it probably wasn't a complete shock either. His willingness to acknowledge and accept that DeAnna and Graham had a connection may very well have made it easier to watch the most recent episode. It may also make him better equipped to handle any speculation thrown at him and DeAnna.
    I have no doubt that De has been there for Jason throughout this entire process of the show airing to let him know, "that yes, I may have done and said these things, but am I absolutely glad I chose you and wouldn't change my decision for anything in the world." Of course, all that said, I think Jason having already been very much aware of the whole Graham thing will handle all of this so much better than any of the other guys, because he knew that and he clearly knew and understood the process of how the show worked. I'm sure there were times it wasn't easy on him, but I do believe he would've handled it the best out of all the guys that were there and for that I have to say De couldn't be more lucky! It's pretty darned difficult to find a guy out there who would be so understanding of so much stuff.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

FORT Fanatic

Yeah, Jason is definitely a keeper. I honestly believe he will handle it well. I have to wonder though, if it were one of my sons, I'd be able to tell if they were the chosen one or not when they came home, without them saying a word. I don't for one minute believe that they are really able to hide everything from their families, even if they never say a word about it.

FORT Fanatic

*I brought this over from thoughts and comments in general as I didn't know where best to post it*

Thought I'd throw this out to all the nay-sayers about De's likelihood of being in-love post-Graham. I think we (girls) can easily relate to understanding how our sites on love change. Who we are attracted to is not necessarily the kind of person who is good for us. Who we marry may not be the kind of person we use to search for - particularly when you are young. The fact that she cut Graham because 'he couldn't give her what she was looking for' - (keep in mind, the type of man she is normally attracted to) - forces her to look inwardly. Two significant relationships in a row (Brad and Graham) and both ending up in exactly the same way - broken hearted. I do feel that there is a strong likelihood that she came into a new level of realization about herself, her desires, and the three men left standing - (if you willl, an ability to look at them with a new set of eyes). And quite possible, she saw that everything she ever really wanted in a relationship - was/is right there in one of them. She would have likely never saw it if she didn't let the tumultuous moments w/ Graham go. It happened to me - I was smitten nuts for this one guy - and it was his brother who was pursuing me. Oh, the agony I put him through with rejections, cold distances - - all because I really wanted his brother instead. Then suddenly, I saw him differently - and it was probably one of the most significant and fulfilling relationships I had ever known. Can any one relate?

I predict - this is what happened - she grieves over Graham (and I do believe it is more a grieving process over the loss of a dream and not so much a loss of the man) and she looks at Jeremy, Jason and Jesse in new eyes. I do believe that Jeremy's perfection scares her in some ways and in other ways - can not see herself fitting into his well organized, structured, peaceful perfect world. She comes from a large, demonstrative, party, active family - that's a huge difference. I also think she may not have been able to see how Jeremy would have fit into that kind of family. Then Jesse & Jason came the F2 contender - because Jesse is fun, he is fun to be with, he's wild and crazy in good ways and Jason is loving, understanding, stable, and just a plain good person. It is the latter, IMO, that I feel altimately won out - because, it touches her soul and her deepest heart's desires - What seperated the two men which brought her feelings to a level of falling in love, being in love, and accepting an egagement proposal - was the fact that Jason was already there and Jesse wasn't - - I believe she had developed loving feelings for Jesse and his family - but, the emotions shared with Jason went further. Now that we learned there is an engagement part in a few weeks - which I believe is a nice touch from ABC - I think we will see De' with a man and a child who she feels very much in love with - and by her own ommision, starting out as a stepmom is nothing she ever imagined - but, we will see she is very much at home with it. I think - what we saw this season is De' growing up in a way to find her roots.

Final note - I do believe the merging of Jason's and De's family would be the most easiest of all - very different families by culture but very much on the same plane of unity and love. I believe - this is one b'lor / b'lorette season that could really see a Trista/Ryan ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeyesgal;3086903;
    Yeah, Jason is definitely a keeper. I honestly believe he will handle it well.
    Great observation (on both counts). Based on past history Jason has been so good at drawing Dee out and helping her to talk about her history and thus making it THEIR history - no longer hers alone. I believe he will do the same with all her experiences on this show.

He will cope because:

1 - He knows what body armor is and he's been wearing it. I believe he will take his mother's advice and begin to shed it - but he will not totally shed it until after the FRC and he KNOWS where they are going. He may shed enough armor to fall in love (if he isn't already there) but he will never be unable to deal with a loss - experiencing a divorce does that to you.

2 - He, like Dee, has relationship scars on his heart so he understands them. He will "get" that Dee has history and that you leave history in the history books and move on with your life. He will be a partner with Dee in closing both of their history books and opening a new book as a couple.

3 - Simply because he is who and what he is. Others we have seen on the show may have had a very difficult time dealing with what some might pereive as competition but I think it's most interesting that Graham and Jason seem to have found some sort of bond (Graham's comment - "Go win" or "You'll win" at the 4/3 cut shows the bond) on the show in spite of the fact that they might have been seen as the two most serious competitors.

Livin' my own fairy tale!

Quote Originally Posted by Popeyesgal;3086903;
    Yeah, Jason is definitely a keeper. I honestly believe he will handle it well. I have to wonder though, if it were one of my sons, I'd be able to tell if they were the chosen one or not when they came home, without them saying a word. I don't for one minute believe that they are really able to hide everything from their families, even if they never say a word about it.
    I believe I read somewhere that an F2 said, of course she was able to tell her family that she wasn't F1. I'm sure they have the close family members sign confidentiality agreements as well.

Livin' my own fairy tale!

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3086020;
    I think Jeremy is so enthralled in the fantasy of the fairy tale ending that he can't even see straight. His feelings were too intense too quickly which means they aren't real. I think he probably feels like a jackass watching the show to see how sprung on her he was when it wasn't even real to begin with. Most likely the same embarrassment DeAnna now feels when she watches her interactions with Graham.
    Back when his friend was posting, she said Jeremy said he got out of the show what he wanted. She also said when she was watching the show with him, he smiled a lot and seemed very comfortable with everything. I don't think he feels badly about falling so hard for De. I think he's had trouble opening up in relationships in the past, and this experience showed him that it's OK to open up, even if it means getting hurt in the end.