Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: The Final 3

Re: The Final 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm93;3086687;
    I believe Jeremy said something in Monday night's episode about not watching the other guys or not paying attention to the other guys because it would distract him and worry him to see what the other guys had with her (or something like that). I think that was definetely a mistake on his part not to pay attention the other guys, because I think if he had it would've saved him atleast a little bit of heartache. Unfortunately for Jeremy I think he just went about this in the wrong way.
    I've posted that myself. Notice that Jason was paying attention and let DeAnna meet with other guys (even when it hurt and he didn't want to let her go). Jeremy was so closed off with everyone but DeAnna. Like you said, totally the wrong way.

Plus, he continued to do so after he came home and wouldn't even watch DeAnna with the other men, but he did watch their scenes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3086679;
    It will be sad for sure and I feel bad for him but how could he not even consider that he might not be the one? I know that during his HTD he said he had to approach it that way but it seems a tad egotistical. I guess once she booted Graham and if he didn't see Jason as a real threat, he felt like he was home free. Like us, the thought of Jesse being the one was probably too incredible to consider, so he wasn't on Jeremy's radar at all.

I've noticed in the PIs of the finalists of the past, they always say if she/he could like X, how could she/he like me since we are so different? It's almost like they see their competition as polar opposites.
    Jeremy was in denial, he was falling for her almost since he got the FIB. His "neediness" of her is also unsettling to watch and somewhat spooky. Somewhere deep inside him if he had taken the time to look within he would have realized that his need to take her away for 1:1 time even after he got roses seemed a bit too desperate. It's like he was scared that she may have a better connection with someone else and isn't that the truth? Not fearing to look within at any point during this season could have saved him a lot of heartache along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3085838;
    I think DeAnna really wanted to love Jeremy a lot, (I mean what is not to love), but it just didn't happen, even though she gave it every opportunity and chance and wanted it. I have really grown to care about Jer the past few episodes and I wish him nothing but happiness and joy in his life....and love with someone who can return it. I think his goodbye is going to be very painful for De....and Jer too of course. Hurting Jer is the last thing she would ever want to do. Thanks
    Karey
    I agree with you. On the Sinatra date, she said she "I want so badly to fall in love with him" and "there's no way that I could possibly ask him for anything more." He has everything she's looking for, but she ain't feeling it. Like she's saying, it's not you, it's me.

His goodbye is going to be painful for us Jeremy fans as well. It's going to be tough watching him get heartbroken. And on the selfish side, it's going to be hard not to see him on TV anymore after Monday...

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3086702;
    Jeremy was in denial, he was falling for her almost since he got the FIB. His "neediness" of her is also unsettling to watch and somewhat spooky. Somewhere deep inside him if he had taken the time to look within he would have realized that his need to take her away for 1:1 time even after he got roses seemed a bit too desperate. It's like he was scared that she may have a better connection with someone else and isn't that the truth? Not fearing to look within at any point during this season could have saved him a lot of heartache along the way.
    It's really sad to read this about Jeremy, because he seems like he could be a really incredible guy for the right woman, but it also sounds like he still has some things to learn about women. Like I said, its just too bad that it seems like he handled everything the completely wrong way. The more I read about this stuff and Jeremy the worse I feel for him and I just know that Monday's episode will be heartbreaking.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

You summed it up perfectly. I've been watching some of the early episodes and he was so intense from the get go and he seemed to need reassurance from her. On the DTA, his scenes in his segment seemed so lonely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3086701;
    I've posted that myself. Notice that Jason was paying attention and let DeAnna meet with other guys (even when it hurt and he didn't want to let her go). Jeremy was so closed off with everyone but DeAnna. Like you said, totally the wrong way.

Plus, he continued to do so after he came home and wouldn't even watch DeAnna with the other men, but he did watch their scenes.
    This is purely speculation on my part, so it could be totally wrong but.... I believe what Jeremy said to his brothers (I'm paraphrasing, because I don't have the time to look up the transcript on Behind the Edit right now) was "the second I think about the other guys...is the second I let their relationship with her in"---anyway, what he said made total sense to me---I THINK he was saying that if he let himself think (speculate) about what was going on with the others, he would get caught up in that, and it would prevent him from being totally open and putting himself "out there"---he would have let pure speculation color his thoughts and thus impact his own actions---instead he chose to focus only on what he KNEW, rather than on SPECULATION, and all he knew for certain was what he said to De and what she said to him. IMO, had he allowed himself to consider the what-ifs of what might or might not be going on with the other guys, he not only would have closed himself off, he would later have second-guessed his actions and blamed himself for not giving it his all. From what I have seen, I think that even though we know Jeremy gave it his best shot, and totally laid it on the line and bared his soul, he will likely STILL question whether or not he could have done something better....but he will eventually (hopefully) come to the conclusion that he tried his hardest and was as honest and open as possible---and then he will be able to let it go. Had he let the other guys "in" and taken them into account, then he would have always wondered "what if I had just blocked them out, and only concentrated on me and DeAnna". If it is true that he didn't watch her scenes with the other guys, but did watch her scenes with him (which I believe was told to us by his friend Flybylove) then this would fit in with my theory---he would be watching his own scenes to see if there was anything that he thought he did but didn't really do, looking to see if perhaps he had made an error he hadn't seen, or looking to see if what he perceived her reaction to be at the time was really not what her reaction looked like to others. Looking at her scenes with the other guys would play no part in the introspection that he will need to go through to get past being let go. Again, this is just a guess on my part---one self-critical person second guessing the motivations of another self-critical person. In any case, I give him credit for being true to himself and for sharing his thoughts and feelings so freely with Deanna. That couldn't have been easy. Big hugs for Jeremy!

I respectfully disagree. First off, pretty much all the girls/guys who get the FIB/FIR are kinda giddy and wowed by the fact they got it, so that doesn't strike me as at all odd or out of line.
    Second, in regard to the bolded part, about his not looking within, I am sorry but I just don't see that---Jeremy, as shown, is a very introspective person---he is shown questioning himself and doubting himself several times, and, most glaringly, he describes how he came to write his journal entry about his mother's last moments---according to his account he was with her alone for a long period of time, which indicates that his brothers were likely not there, and he didn't choose to call a friend (and we know he has friends, because they have posted here) or have someone sit vigil with him---instead he took refuge inside his head, and wrote down his experience in a journal---someone who is that introspective and that introverted never has to worry about not looking INSIDE often enough. The tough part for Jeremy is letting others in, not only to see what's inside him, but to let them help him. In Deanna he saw someone who he could let in, and I think this was a shocking, eye-opening experience for him (look at his face in the Dodger stadium scene after he tells her about his parents---he is in awe that he was able to open up to her like that)---it's that kind of experience that led him to seek her out and inadvertently overstep the unwritten bachelor/ette code of "hands off if you already have a rose". As always, JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3086731;
    This is purely speculation on my part, so it could be totally wrong but.... I believe what Jeremy said to his brothers (I'm paraphrasing, because I don't have the time to look up the transcript on Behind the Edit right now) was "the second I think about the other guys...is the second I let their relationship with her in"---anyway, what he said made total sense to me---I THINK he was saying that if he let himself think (speculate) about what was going on with the others, he would get caught up in that, and it would prevent him from being totally open and putting himself "out there"---he would have let pure speculation color his thoughts and thus impact his own actions---instead he chose to focus only on what he KNEW, rather than on SPECULATION, and all he knew for certain was what he said to De and what she said to him. IMO, had he allowed himself to consider the what-ifs of what might or might not be going on with the other guys, he not only would have closed himself off, he would later have second-guessed his actions and blamed himself for not giving it his all. From what I have seen, I think that even though we know Jeremy gave it his best shot, and totally laid it on the line and bared his soul, he will likely STILL question whether or not he could have done something better....but he will eventually (hopefully) come to the conclusion that he tried his hardest and was as honest and open as possible---and then he will be able to let it go. Had he let the other guys "in" and taken them into account, then he would have always wondered "what if I had just blocked them out, and only concentrated on me and DeAnna". If it is true that he didn't watch her scenes with the other guys, but did watch her scenes with him (which I believe was told to us by his friend Flybylove) then this would fit in with my theory---he would be watching his own scenes to see if there was anything that he thought he did but didn't really do, looking to see if perhaps he had made an error he hadn't seen, or looking to see if what he perceived her reaction to be at the time was really not what her reaction looked like to others. Looking at her scenes with the other guys would play no part in the introspection that he will need to go through to get past being let go. Again, this is just a guess on my part---one self-critical person second guessing the motivations of another self-critical person. In any case, I give him credit for being true to himself and for sharing his thoughts and feelings so freely with Deanna. That couldn't have been easy. Big hugs for Jeremy!

Great post cheeky! Jeremy said "The second I start imagining her with other people, the second their relationship starts creeping into mine." Jeremy's thinking was just the opposite of Graham's at the race track. And we know how Graham's time with De that day went. It negatively affected his time with De. So good for Jer to just focus on his relationship with DeAnna.

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;3086759;

Great post cheeky! Jeremy said "The second I start imagining her with other people, the second their relationship starts creeping into mine." Jeremy's thinking was just the opposite of Graham's at the race track. And we know how Graham's time with De that day went. It negatively affected his time with De. So good for Jer to just focus on his relationship with DeAnna.
    JMO, but I think Jeremy didn't look at her relationships with the other guys enough and Graham looked at them far too much and I think that is basically what ultimately ended it for them both. I think in this show a guy needs to find a bit of common ground ... be aware of the other guys and be honest with themselves that she is most likely making connections with them, but yet they shouldn't pay so much attention to it that it ends up driving them more or less crazy. Jason and Jesse both did a good job of finding that "even keel" (especially Jason imo) and I think that'll be a good thing for both of them.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

FORT Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm93;3086772;
    JMO, but I think Jeremy didn't look at her relationships with the other guys enough and Graham looked at them far too much and I think that is basically what ultimately ended it for them both. I think in this show a guy needs to find a bit of common ground ... be aware of the other guys and be honest with themselves that she is most likely making connections with them, but yet they shouldn't pay so much attention to it that it ends up driving them more or less crazy. Jason and Jesse both did a good job of finding that "even keel" (especially Jason imo) and I think that'll be a good thing for both of them.
    Say word! You summed it perfectly Shannon. Going to either extreme really isn't a good thing within the context of this show. As you said, you can't become obsessed with what the bach/ette is doing with the others, but completely blocking it out is not a good thing either, especially when it comes to dealing with the aftermath of the show if you are the F1. It might not have been fun for Jason to watch DeAnna become upset during the whole "Graham departure," but it probably wasn't a complete shock either. His willingness to acknowledge and accept that DeAnna and Graham had a connection may very well have made it easier to watch the most recent episode. It may also make him better equipped to handle any speculation thrown at him and DeAnna.
    As you can tell, depending on who the particular contestant is that you are rooting for, many times the degree of accuracy by the sleuthers is not particularly appreciated. However, the degree of accuracy, nonetheless, is generally quite high. -The ever astute Bloomers