Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final 3

Re: The Final 3

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3078066;
    The bottom line to me is that Jason is what De wants and needs in her life. He is sexy, charming, sensitive, caring, loving, romantic, funny, adventurous, family-oriented and I think he is the whole package that De is looking for.
    ITA and what a wonderful post.

The sleuthers here seem to have pretty well nailed what happens - your explanation of WHY it happens is excellent. Some additional thoughts:

After B12 and the flack that TPTB got over the "Shayne Show", it's not at all surprising that they gave us the "Graham Edit" for drama - but if they want us to believe that true love was found they have to now start showing it and how it WAS found. This show is like a book where the author leads us through flashbacks and side stories and by the time the last chapter rolls around the story is all loose ends and nothing makes sense - so the author has to start explaining the ending before telling us what it is else the ending won't make sense. The VO during her deliberations on 6/23 explained the issues and started to wrap up the loose ends so the ending makes sense. In this regard, TPTB have done a masterful job with the edit.

It will be sad to see her cut Jeremy - he's really sweet and really seems to have fallen in love. She will cut him, as has been sleuthed, to spare him because she knows how he feels but she also knows (and has told us) she doesn't feel the same way about him. Perhaps, as has been speculated, her failure to offer the FS card is a signal to Jeremy and an effort to not lead him on.

I also found Jesse's reaction to the FS card strange and hard to explain based only on what we have seen. We all know that while the show presents the FS concept in a naughty context, it does not mean that every couple does the horizontal mambo (though we know that some do and some do with more than one). But it is the largest block of time that any of these "couples" will get to spend alone and off-camera with any of their candidates and to pass on that doesn't make sense. And if the couple choses to use that time to explore intimacy with their top choice I get that too - you have to know that it works and if you can't take attraction to that level you are not with the right persion. But I certainly would not begin to mention to my possible father-in-law that I planned to bed his daughter so the stated reason just doesn't compute. But if this is Jesse's way of keeping a door back to Megan open, that I get. And, maybe he really doesn't see De as anything but a great friend and this is his way of keeping a friendship possible, and that I get too.

You can pick your friends - you can't pick your family - only in this case, Jason's family IS part of De's choice. We know she is strong on family and what a wonderful family we saw. I posted in another thread I fell in love with Jason's mother and want to adopt his father. It has been said that "your eyes are a window to your soul" and I believe this - but your family is the doorway to your soul (and you CAN quote me on this) and it's a lot easier to see who and what Jason is through his family than any other viewport, and she got an excellent view through that door on the HTD. I think her musings on being in love with the man or the family are interesting but the family made the man so to a real extent they are inseperable and De gets this. If she can't love his family then it would be hard to love the man.

I love Jason's reaction to the FS card and guys - if this is one of the times that intimacy IS explored on the FS date - go for it. You will feel the Earth shake.

If De's comments about wanting marriage and family are from her heart, and I totally believe they are, she has indeed found her soul mate. And yes - this IS the total package.

What a wonderful thread! Thank you Cape for starting it.

I really, really like Jeremy and have for a long time now. I get him. I see such a genuine, sweet soul in him and his declaration to DeDe to "start new" with her just melted my heart. He was taking her feelings into consideration...starting a new life with her and that is just the most romantic, heartfelt sentiment...LOVE HIM!

I too cannot get past Jesse's ex and the endorsements....but I loved seeing him in his element and his family is so warm and welcoming....it made me almost forget that I'm miffed at Jesse. I'm still not buying the "I'm being respectful" bit...but to each their own.

I honed in on Jason the first episode. I've said that he is Grade A, Choice, Prime marriage material. Fabulous father, loving partner, dependable son and incredibly good looking....what more could any woman ever want? He is solid as a rock, definitely one to share the load and also a soft place to land. He's also ready for someone to come into his and Ty's life to complete the family. DeAnna is a lucky lady to have met a man of such caliber on a reality show.

I cannot wait to see the remaining episodes. I have so enjoyed this series because of DeAnna's earnest search for the right man for her...I think that her sincerity rubbed off on some of the guys too and made them take pause and say, hey, this IS real.

Great post Cape.

All of the replies have been great as well. It is so good to see what everyone is thinking about the Final 3 and their reasons as to why Dee has them in this spot.

Just want to add my feelings as well.

Jeremy - Dee kept saying during HTD that Jeremy is perfect and that if she chose him, she would have the perfect life, perfect house, perfect dog, etc... Maybe perfect isn't always the best answer. When Jeremy said, "Not only do I want you, I need you", Dee's reaction would have been my reaction as well. I think that he feels that Dee is just like his mother and he really misses her. I do think that Dee doesn't offer the FD card to Jeremy.

Jesse - Although I really enjoyed his HTD and his parents are just as real as anthing, I just can't get past the "rumors" of the girlfriend. I do think he is cute in an odd way. But he isn't the one for Dee. He is either sincere about the FD card or its all just part of the "game" plan.

Jason - Good Lawd! That man is simply gorgeous! After last week, his interaction with Ty and his family is awesome. Whether or not the exwife is in or out of the picture, Dee stated best when she said that she would never try to take the place of his mother, but would be there as a strong role model. She has the right frame of mind concerning Ty. He reaction towards the FD card was priceless.

Next week is going to be a great episode.

I think that, with Jason, De won't have to be the one taking care of everyone anymore. I think that he would be her equal and take care of her for a change. He's stable and family orientated, plus they're both active and really into sports.

With Jesse, there would always be endless suprises, they'd have an active life filled with fun. But wouldn't that get old after a while? He definitely doesn't seem like he's ready to be married either.

With Jeremy, De's life would be set...but maybe there's too much emotional baggage for both of them. I think she feels like she can't and won't live up to the high standards he set to find a girl his mom would approve of. Plus, who knows if his brothers would fully ever accept her?
    Forever a Word Nerd

FORT Regular

Cape - this is such a great thread - Thanks!! I think that reading this first thing in the morning was such a great way to put thinks into perspective. We all have our favorite guy for varying reasons and would truly like to see DeAnna fall in love with this particular man. But, this really is about DeAnna and who she falls in love with.

Your thread, and all the other comments, shows that we can truly like each and every man that is remaining. They are all great guys in their own right. We all have our own opinions of "Mr. Right" - there is someone for everyone out there in the world. This show is about who is right for DeAnna (and not us). Reading this thread is a great way to step back from our own feelings about each guy and bring back to mind that this is about who DeAnna falls in love with.

I think that all of the posters on this thread truly want the best for each and every one of these wonderful men (I would also like to add Graham to this list from a personal opinion). Thanks again for bringing sanity to what I believe is probably one of the very best seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette ever. It is easy to get lost in the other threads rehashing what happened, what we think will happen, why it happened, what we believe was the motive, ... Reading this thread just helps to step back from the insanity and get ready to enjoy the rest of the episodes.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Thanks Cape, great thread!

Jeremy - I love this guy. He impressed me significantly on Monday night. Sharing his diary was monumental for him and he did it on National TV. I also love that he races motorcycles, that's HOT! (I'm not inclined to use that word much.) I hope he finds his one and only. Jeremy as the Bachelor, I'm not sure. I'm still thinking about it. He's a pretty wounded guy, I'm not sure a Bachelor show would be the best venue for him.

Jesse - Who knew? I'm still shaking my head. He was fun and entertaining, I enjoyed watching him snowboard with DeAnna on his back, that was impressive. He is not ready for a commitment, DeAnna knows this, he knows it. And we have the prickly issue of the girlfriend at home too...........

Jason - There has been a huge emphasis on DeAnna needing Jason, for someone strong to take care of her and be her rock. Yes, she can finally let her guard down and be vulnerable around Jason. But, he will need her as well. In re-watching the episodes, I tried to find some examples where she was taking his feelings into account as well. I was getting a bit concerned, as the mantra of Jason being her "rock" was getting very one sided and Jason cannot and will not be the strong one all the time.
    1. when she gave the star to Jason, she was taking into account his feelings and needs
    2. at the dinner table with his family, she admitted to them that she discussed giving a rose to Jason after their 1 on 1 because she understood that she was keeping him from the most important thing in his life
    3. when they are leaving Jason's home, (In a VO, but Jason releated) she appreciates the risk Jason is taking, leaving his son for a period of time, giving her time to fall in love with him.

Bottom line, I'm satisfied that she understands and appreciates his needs as well. Love is a two way street and she will need someone strong and so will he. I've been looking for this mutual trust and respect they have been building with each other every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaGeorge;3078146 View Post
    Yes, perfect sense. His focus is on her - laying a foundation that allows her to "come out" - - ...'How do you feel about that? Was it what you expected?..." It conveys to a woman (at least to me it does) that this guy is really interested in "me".
    I noticed that at dinner with Jason's family his brother said to De something along the lines of - we have been asking you so many questions - now we need to see where Jason is - and then they proceeded to ask Jason how he felt about De...that spoke volumes to me - this is a family that is interested in getting to know De and making sure that she knows that we don't just have questions for you - we have them for him as well...This is a family the genuinely cares about each other and knows each other. A lot of families care about each other but they don't always know each other - I hope that makes sense. And I can see mirrored in Jason...he wants to know De - he isn't satisfied just knowing that De's mom died - he wants to know how she dealt with it, how she feels about it now - and that is so important!!

I think it is great that so many people love the F3...if De is truly happy then I would be okay with any of the F3 for her...but I have to admit I will be a little disappointed if it is Jesse as I know the odds of happily ever after with him are nearly impossible....

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3078262;
    I noticed that at dinner with Jason's family his brother said to De something along the lines of - we have been asking you so many questions - now we need to see where Jason is - and then they proceeded to ask Jason how he felt about De...that spoke volumes to me - this is a family that is interested in getting to know De and making sure that she knows that we don't just have questions for you - we have them for him as well...This is a family the genuinely cares about each other and knows each other. A lot of families care about each other but they don't always know each other - I hope that makes sense. And I can see mirrored in Jason...he wants to know De - he isn't satisfied just knowing that De's mom died - he wants to know how she dealt with it, how she feels about it now - and that is so important!!

I think it is great that so many people love the F3...if De is truly happy then I would be okay with any of the F3 for her...but I have to admit I will be a little disappointed if it is Jesse as I know the odds of happily ever after with him are nearly impossible....

AMEN!!! I couldn't have said it that well. Thanks for this "uplifting" thread, cape.

As alot of southern gals will say "be still my heart". That's all I could think of during Jason's home town date. This is definitely a love story in IMHO.

Jeremy - what a sweetheart...just not the right one for DD.

Jesse - great family and I loved how he piggy-backed DD down the slopes. They just don't seem to totally be what each other need at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3078262;
    CAPE - Thank you for this thread. All the responses have been great and very thoughtful, too. I bolded the last part, because I think this is really important. Jason may not have been the first guy to ask about her mother's death, as in how did she die, when did she die. But, he was the first to ask how she feels about it and how it effects her now. My mother passed away almost 15 years ago and I was a young adult, but it really means so much to me when someone I care about takes the time to ask me about my feelings for and about my mom now.

Also, I think this show will be a wonderful experience in the grand scheme of things for Jeremy. It had to have taken a ton of guts to share everything he did at the HTD on National TV and I think any walls will begin to get shorter and he will create windows in them, letting others see the real Jeremy. I would love to see him as the Bachelor in about a year or so after he has has time to heal.

I think that De lets him go this week to spare any further heartbreak. I have also seen a lot of speculation that she does not give him the Fantasy Suite Card...that will be very interesting if in fact that is how things play out.
    According to the episode description, "At the end of each evening, the Bachelorette will present the bachelor with an invitation to spend the night in a "fantasy suite," with the hope that he will accept. But will he?" I think this indicates that she offers the Fantasy Suite Card to all three of them... Thoughts?

I am not sure what to think of his Fantasy Suite Card reaction. Do any of us really believe that Jesse is the type of guy who waits to meet the parents before becoming intimate? Actually that is a pretty hilarious notion - "I am so delighted to meet you Mr. Pappas - now I can bed your daughter!" So I am guessing that this is a plan he cooked up with his girlfriend
    I don't! I totally agree that this is just another way for him to avoid too much contact with De and to keep his girlfriend back home happy. I think that's evident as well in the fact that it took so long for him to kiss her - to the average viewer, his explanation of wanting to let the relationship build naturally makes sense. But to skeptical me who's read all of the rumors, it's too coincidental to believe.

The bottom line to me is that Jason is what De wants and needs in her life. He is sexy, charming, sensitive, caring, loving, romantic, funny, adventurous, family-oriented and I think he is the whole package that De is looking for.
    ITA with your entire post!

From my own perspective, I don't think that Jeremy or Jesse are right for DeAnna. While I think all three men are amazing (drink), I think that Jason would provide the right balance for her.

She's already stated numerous times how 'perfect' Jeremy is. This tells me he's too perfect. She sounds like I do when I'm trying to rationalize doing something against my gut. She wants to feel something more, but she simply doesn't. As much as it's going to suck having to watch him get his heart broken next week, I do think that she made the best decision for herself by letting him go.

As for Jesse, he's grown on me every week. I think he's cute (I just can't bring myself to call him 'handsome' or 'hot' at this point), he's fun, and who'd have guessed that he'd be so organized?! While I think that she seems super relaxed around him, I just don't think they're in the same place in their lives.

As for Jason, he had me from the first episode... This guy is the complete package and, from what I've seen, brings out the best in DeAnna. I can only hope that it all goes down the way we think it will and that the two of them are able to continue to grow in their relationship together.

I can't WAIT for the next few episodes!