Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Is DeAnna leading 3 guys on?

Re: Is DeAnna leading 3 guys on?

Quote Originally Posted by jr956678;3075540;
    As a guy I think that Jason (who certainly seems like the chosen one) will have no problems dealing with the Graham situation. For a couple of reasons:

1 - What we have seen, I believe, of the story between Graham and Dee has been edited for drama - TPTB have intentionally wanted us to believe that Graham was the love story and they have done a pretty good job of emphasizing that love story to the detriment of any other love story. Reality is probably not nearly so dramatic.

2 - Jason already knows there was a connection with Graham and Dee and has said so - no big news there for him. At some time he WILL see what has aired but it won't be anything like a revalation to him.

3 - In spite of the drama in last night's show with Graham's exit, there was plenty of other stories, just not as dramatic:

It's hard to imagine how a HTD could have gone any better than Jason's. Not only the connection but the conversations - how many couples will ever get to see their "How many kids do YOU want?" discussion on national TV. And - how many couples find such instant accord in that conversation? I felt I was a voyeur looking at something I shouldn't be seeing.

As Dee will probably have to move to Seattle to continue a relationship with Jason, can you imagine a better family to be with when you're away from your own? I love his mother - I can see where many of his qualities come from - and I want to adopt his father for myself!

And last and more important - Jason is not naive; he has lived through good times and bad times (becoming a father, getting divorced). He went on this show because of Dee - thought she'd be compatible. He has healed from his pain (at least as much as you can ever heal - there are always scars) and is ready to love again (and got that advice from his family too). He has a rare ability to understand Dee and how she feels and thinks - he actually WORKS at doing this. He would never be one to not know how to respond to the inevitible conversation:

He: "What's wrong?"
    She: "NOTHING!"

He seems mature enough to understand what Dee has gone through. Love is not all heart - part of it's also brain and without that combination you will not find love. Learning in life that people you may be attracted to are not good for you and you need to grow up and start seeking relationships with people who CAN BE good for you is one of life's difficult lessons. I think Jason gets this - and I think he can and will be there for Dee as she heals from this painful but necessary life lesson.

This is not so simple a situation as "she loved someone else and I'm sloppy seconds" - this is part of being a life partner for some one you love and if Jason understands what has happened he will not be bothered in the slightest by it. If he doesn't get it, then he really isn't right for Dee after all.
    Awesome post. I was thinking this, but couldn't get it all down in words. No need to now. Great job.

Two other thoughts: This is why I think the Bachelorette works better than the Bachelor. Men are ok fighting over one woman, and the man who wins is honored to have tromped the other guys, even if the woman did have strong feelings for the men. In fact, it may intensify their sense of satisfaction in conquering the other men. (To put it in cave man terms. )

Second, anyone remember the research about happy marriages that goes something like this (paraphrased very simply): Marriages are more likely to be happy and long-lasting when the man is more in love with the woman than the woman is to the man? That is not to say that they aren't both deeply in love, but when men feel a bit insecure, in my opinion, they behave better. More reason to believe that a match with Jeremy or Jason would be better than with Jesse or Graham.
    Last edited by KCCasey; 06-24-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: reading is fundamental. proof reading is essential.

FORT Fan

Re: MTA ***Possible Spoilers***

I have no sympathy for DeAnna. I stated this in another thread as well. After what she went through with Brad, she should have given Jeremy some indication that he might not be F1. If it was between Jason and Graham, she should have shown some kind of hesitation while interacting with Jeremy, to give him a clue.

DeAnna COMPLETELY LED JEREMY ON.

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3078028;
    How did she lead Graham on? He wanted out of there and seemed almost giddy high fiving the other guys as he left.

Jeremy, well he thought he had it in the bag all along. Something to think about a couple of the guys noted what DeAnna said that he seemed too perfect. Twilley called him a mutant. So obviously something was off, you can't force feelings.
    I don't see that she lead Graham on at all, she wanted him to want her as badly as she wanted him. It didn't work out that way, so she sent him home. I feel she was justified for her reasons for sending him home.

As for Jeremy since we haven't been able to see the episode yet, I will hold out saying that she led him on. She does have some genuine feelings for him. Maybe something happens next week that makes her decide she doesn't see forever with him.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

Thanks for all the tidbits from those of you who attended the MTA.

I don't think DeDe led Jeremy on, if in fact he does not get an invitation to the Fantasy Suite as suspected then you can't really say he's been led on. She wouldn't invite him there when she knew he was going home at F3, and I hope that is the way it plays out. This way he knows where he stands, which is why I believe the screen caps of him looking upset come into play. He's upset at not receiving the invitation and the implications that come along with it, ie, him not being one of the F2.

My heart will break for Jeremy, just as it did for Amanda and Bevin.

Quote Originally Posted by lolababy;3078547;
    I have no sympathy for DeAnna. I stated this in another thread as well. After what she went through with Brad, she should have given Jeremy some indication that he might not be F1. If it was between Jason and Graham, she should have shown some kind of hesitation while interacting with Jeremy, to give him a clue.

I hate to say it, because I think De has tried very hard to be sensitive to the guys this season, but she kind of blew it with Jeremy. If he really is the F3, it's almost like she held on to her perfect man until the last minute, hoping she would fall in love. I think it was a bit selfish and cruel - especially to someone who has had so much heartache in his life. I had held out some hope still, but after hearing that the F3 had unresolved issues, I can't imagine it being Jason or Jesse baring their souls, it would have to be Jeremy.
    What a bummer!

FORT Regular

What's most profound to me is why DeAnna seems to get sympathy and passes, while Brad is just plain evil. Don't get me wrong, I don't want either of them to be the subjects of mass hatred, but DeAnna made it a point to demonize Brad and now is acting exactly as he did. Yet I see a great reluctance to call her on it. I'm wondering if maybe she's getting a pass because she's a woman? Or perhaps Brad is getting demonized because he's man? I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Calminian;3079208;
    What's most profound to me is why DeAnna seems to get sympathy and passes, while Brad is just plain evil. Don't get me wrong, I don't want either of them to be the subjects of mass hatred, but DeAnna made it a point to demonize Brad and now is acting exactly as he did. Yet I see a great reluctance to call her on it. I'm wondering if maybe she's getting a pass because she's a woman? Or perhaps Brad is getting demonized because he's man? I hope I'm wrong.
    She gets NO passes or sympathy from me. I stated as soon as I heard that she was going to be the bachelorette that I would be watching closely to see how she treated these guys since she cried that Brad used and led her on. My opinion, De is worse than Brad ever thought about being. She has decided that she WILL get her happy ever after at the end of this and in the process has hurt alot of great guys. She has led on the guys, it's a part of the show. She has b!tched at the guys when they have not bowed down to her and done exactly what she wanted when she wanted. This is a woman who has no idea what it takes to make a relationship work. Life is not all about her, it is a compromise........finding the one that you can spend the rest of your life with that completes you, the one that you respect, the one that will be a partnership. DeAnna simply doesn't want that. She wants the guys to tell her she's great, spend all of their time admiring her, not get attached to the other guys (they are there for HER not to become friends with one another). I simply disliked DeAnna ALOT on Brad's season and felt that if he picked her his life would be nothing short of hell on earth. She sure hasn't grown or matured since her "public breakup" with Brad and I honestly hope for the sake of the 3 remaining men that every single one of them take the time to look at the REAL DeAnna before they decide to pursue a relationship with this overbearing, demanding, childish "woman". Sorry to be harsh, but DeAnna is in my opinion only there to be the "star".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lolababy;3078547;

I don't think she really began to suspect that maybe she didn't feel suited for him until his hometown date. And at that point, she may have still wondered, while she was sure that she was scared to keep Graham, so he was the first pick to go.

You can't make these decisions quickly -- it takes time to figure out whether you do or don't want to go on with somebody.

Of course, I don't think Brad really led DeAnna on either! I think he didn't finally come to the conclusion that he didn't want to go on with her further until she was the only one left.

If people were clairvoyant, they could just look at the first 25 and decide which one they wanted to try real life with, but since we aren't clairvoyant, I don't see how you can do anything but narrow down.

Given what DeAnna's said to others she's cut, it's pretty clear to me that if she had been sure earlier that she wasn't going to return Jeremy's feelings, she would have dumped him earlier. But she wasn't. That's sad sometimes (and in this case) because it allows somebody's feelings to get stronger before they get dumped. But I can't really see how it's avoidable.

Nevertheless, no matter how sad people seem on this show, I still can't believe that, if you're stable, you're going to find it hideously difficult to get over somebody you've known for six weeks or less (and not dated exclusively during that time). And if you do have that much trouble getting over it, then I think you have some issues that you'd better get taken care of before you date too much again. (See "DeAnna, way too hung up on Brad after too long a time.") That's no disgrace, just a red flag that you're not coping, in my opinoin.

ETA: And I'm completely sure that DeAnna's getting passes on all kinds of things because she's a woman. Imagine if a Bachelor rather than a Bachelorette had berated his candidates at a barbecue because a couple of them left a room or harangued and moaned about his hurt feelings while bidding farewell to his final four person. A guy who did that would have been crucified in public opinion, as far as I can see.
    Last edited by natashapierre; 06-25-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calminian;3079208;
    IMO its the name of the game, the Bachelor-Ette is what it is. I never thought Brad was evil, the same way I don't think Deanna is evil. Ted Bundy yes, those two no way.

I think she tried hard not to lead anyone one, but she had to take 4 to the F4 and she did say to Jeremy's family that she was scared of the connection she had with him.

Quote Originally Posted by gurlbrit;3079345;
    IMO its the name of the game, the Bachelor-Ette is what it is. I never thought Brad was evil, the same way I don't think Deanna is evil. Ted Bundy yes, those two no way.

I think she tried hard not to lead anyone one, but she had to take 4 to the F4 and she did say to Jeremy's family that she was scared of the connection she had with him.
    Interesting..why do you think she said she was scared?