Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Is DeAnna leading 3 guys on?

FORT Newbie

Re: Is DeAnna leading 3 guys on?

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3080542;
    IMHO - D has done NOTHING to lead any one on - being the premise of the show is to eliminate 1 guy at time now. She can't help that Jeremy fell so hard and so fast - or that Jesse is going to end up like Pinocchio - or that Jason is THE one for her - she is not saying anything to any of them to lead any of them on - unlike other bach's have in the
    past
    If I ever lost my mind and went on a reality show like the Bachlorette, I'd take advantage of every situation with every guy, when would you ever have that chance again? I'd probably even cop a feel here and there. Leading them on? Ha! What's wrong with liking more than one guy at a time? Especially on TV so we can all post about it

Yes.. DeAnna is leading people on... But, too bad. That's the premise of the show. That's her job and that's what the show entails. The guys signing up for the show knew it... If leading the guys on is found offensive to anyone, than this is the wrong show to watch. The ENTIRE show is based on this premise. Grasp it. That's just the way it is.

FORT Newbie

she is for SURE leading these guys on. i dont think she knows what she wants even tho that is what she thinks and telling us. she did an interview with Ellen after the show was over, and she was telling her how she thought it was going to be easy doing the show and that she was just gonna go and fall in love with the f2 but she said that was not what happend it was not that easy something in that line. does this mean she was just forcing things to happen???? who knows ONLY TIME will tell

BB AND LATE NIGHT SNACKS winniechloe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;3080979;
    Yes.. DeAnna is leading people on... But, too bad. That's the premise of the show. That's her job and that's what the show entails. The guys signing up for the show knew it... If leading the guys on is found offensive to anyone, than this is the wrong show to watch. The ENTIRE show is based on this premise. Grasp it. That's just the way it is.

I so agree with this. The show is based upon one person trying to weed through 25 people to find the one. Fleiss will edit the show to make us think she is in love with one guy then another and so on. This is a fantasy show and sometimes on a rare instance the fantasy becomes a reality. It is unreal to truely believe someone will find the love of their lives on a 6 week show. The fun is to hope it can happen. So yes the bachelor or bachelorette leads everyone on including the viewers. Enjoy it is an entertainment show

Quote Originally Posted by KaraT;3080640;
    "Self-inflicted" because he did exactly what she asked him to do? I'm really not trying to be snide, but I can't reconcile those two statements. Seems to me that you're saying they all should have done as she asked (as Jeremy did) but then you seem to be blaming him for doing that very thing.

Again, not trying to be snippy, just trying to understand where you're coming from.
    I think that the format and history of this show has demonstrated that if you want to get chosen you have to demonstrate that you do love or could love or would love the Bachelor / Bachelorette. How many times have we seen the advice that you have to "put yourself out there" given. It's unfortunate that if more than one actually does this, then someone is going to be hurt as a result.

I don't blame anyone for this though - you accept this risk when you go on the show. And if you get your heart broken as a result, then you shouldn't blame the Bachelor / Bachelorette for this because it's not their fault - it's your own doing (thus the self-inflicted comment) - the price you must pay to go on this show and have a chance at whatever this show gives you a chance for.

For that matter, dating in real life isn't too different. I've long believed that if you want to get love, you have to give love. And if you give love there's always the chance that it won't be returned.

As I stated also in the post, I haven't see Dee tell everyone on the show that she's "falling in love with them" and that's refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;3080979;
    I think perhaps people can start giving Brad a break now.....and actually, I think Deanna is starting to empathize with what he had to do. I rewatched his spot on Ellen on youtube last night where she gave him a chance to explain himself and I started to feel for the guy. And were it not for what happened, we wouldn't have Graham, Jeremy or Jason to look at.

No offense to Jesse.

Remember, this is a TV show and not match.com.

The show is a game, and the rules are that DeAnna cuts x number of people per week, no more, no less. Therefore there will be people kept around longer than they should have given that they have no chance of winning the game, and they know that. Because these are the rules, it is not leading someone on to fail to cut them when someone else who also should go is cut.

If DeAnna told any of them that he was her number one, that she believed he was going to be her future husband without a doubt, and that he was safe, and then proceeded to cut him, that would be leading him on. As it is, she could only cut one last week and she decided it was time for Graham to go. According to the rules of the game, she should have 3 left at this point whether or not she thinks all 3 are truly in the running for the final rose.

Brad made 2 mistakes that made her feel like she had been led on - first of all he did not present a final rose. He did not have to offer an engagement ring with the rose but instead could have said that he was giving her the rose to see where the relationship might go. In most cases, the track record is that it goes nowhere, and often goes nowhere fast. The other mistake was that he gave her hints that she was going to get the final rose.

Even in Brad's case, I don't think he led DeAnna on. I think he planned to give her the rose but chickened out at the last minute. He just couldn't finish the game by handing her a rose because he was unable to separate the rose and the ring in his mind. This is partly the fault of TPTB - it seemed at the end like he was uncomfortable with proposing to either DeAnna or Jenni, and yet went shopping for a ring anyway, most likely at the insistance of the producers. The whole thing overwhelmed him and he couldn't go through with it. Leading someone on is a deliberate act, and I don't think he deliberately ended the show the way he did.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3081193;
    Remember, this is a TV show and not match.com.

The show is a game, and the rules are that DeAnna cuts x number of people per week, no more, no less. Therefore there will be people kept around longer than they should have given that they have no chance of winning the game, and they know that. Because these are the rules, it is not leading someone on to fail to cut them when someone else who also should go is cut.

If DeAnna told any of them that he was her number one, that she believed he was going to be her future husband without a doubt, and that he was safe, and then proceeded to cut him, that would be leading him on. As it is, she could only cut one last week and she decided it was time for Graham to go. According to the rules of the game, she should have 3 left at this point whether or not she thinks all 3 are truly in the running for the final rose.

Brad made 2 mistakes that made her feel like she had been led on - first of all he did not present a final rose. He did not have to offer an engagement ring with the rose but instead could have said that he was giving her the rose to see where the relationship might go. In most cases, the track record is that it goes nowhere, and often goes nowhere fast. The other mistake was that he gave her hints that she was going to get the final rose.

Even in Brad's case, I don't think he led DeAnna on. I think he planned to give her the rose but chickened out at the last minute. He just couldn't finish the game by handing her a rose because he was unable to separate the rose and the ring in his mind. This is partly the fault of TPTB - it seemed at the end like he was uncomfortable with proposing to either DeAnna or Jenni, and yet went shopping for a ring anyway, most likely at the insistance of the producers. The whole thing overwhelmed him and he couldn't go through with it. Leading someone on is a deliberate act, and I don't think he deliberately ended the show the way he did.
    ITA! By the way, I love your avatar!

Remember Leann from Bob's season? She told him not to keep her around if she wasn't going to be one of the last girls standing. This was the RC before the F6. He kept her around so she thought she would be one of the last girls. Then he cut her the very next RC. That was deliberately leading someone on.
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;3081261;
    ITA! By the way, I love your avatar!

Remember Leann from Bob's season? She told him not to keep her around if she wasn't going to be one of the last girls standing. This was the RC before the F6. He kept her around so she thought she would be one of the last girls. Then he cut her the very next RC. That was deliberately leading someone on.
    He might have been. But what if he didn't know until the next RC, based on time with her or other girls, that she WOULDN'T be one of the last girls standing? I mean, maybe some people know right away who their last 3 or 4 will be. But I have to assume that sometimes they just don't know who the last girls or guys will be and can only make those decisions as they happen. NO ONE wants to be kept around if they know they have no chance in the end, but someones going to have to.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jr956678;3081100;
    I think that the format and history of this show has demonstrated that if you want to get chosen you have to demonstrate that you do love or could love or would love the Bachelor / Bachelorette. How many times have we seen the advice that you have to "put yourself out there" given. It's unfortunate that if more than one actually does this, then someone is going to be hurt as a result.

I don't blame anyone for this though - you accept this risk when you go on the show. And if you get your heart broken as a result, then you shouldn't blame the Bachelor / Bachelorette for this because it's not their fault - it's your own doing (thus the self-inflicted comment) - the price you must pay to go on this show and have a chance at whatever this show gives you a chance for.

For that matter, dating in real life isn't too different. I've long believed that if you want to get love, you have to give love. And if you give love there's always the chance that it won't be returned.

As I stated also in the post, I haven't see Dee tell everyone on the show that she's "falling in love with them" and that's refreshing.
    Thanks for your reply jr. I agree with much of what you have said. And I agree that it *is* "self-inflicted" to the extent that you signed up for the show. But you signed up for a specific process, and if you give yourself over fully to the process, cooperate and do what is expected of you in your role, and then genuine feelings develop...I don't necessarily agree that you yourself are to blame as much as the manufactured process itself, which has set you up for a fall from the beginning. The extent of the blame IMO is only that you agreed to go on the show, and in that case, all of the contestants (not merely Jeremy) who are never chosen suffer a fate which, if you trace it back to its origin (signing the contract), is of their own making. Unless of course, you decide that you are not going to give yourself over to the process and lay bare for TB or the cameras your every thought and emotion, in which case you avoid the "self inflicted" pain but are then lectured and scolded as we saw DeAnna do with Graham on Monday night.

I tend to disagree that it so closely parallels real life, however. While it is true that you open yourself up for heartbreak anytime you take a chance on loving another person, IRL you aren't (hopefully) doing it with so many other "contestants" in the picture. Nor are you doing it in front of cameras with several million people who can then witness your humiliation. The knowledge that your rejection has been so public must magnify the inevitable feelings of loss and pain so many times over.

I also agree with babyfacec that DeAnna is absolutely leading them on, as has been done since the very first season by every single Bachelor/ette because that is the cruel basis for the show. DeAnna is no different than Brad in that regard, it is merely a matter of the degree of the deception.

What is terribly sad to me is 1) that they can still convince so many decent and wonderful men/women to agree to put themselves through it and 2) that I continue to watch. Oh, and -- how can I forget? -- 3) that I care enough to spend time talking about it on an internet forum.