Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: Basic questions about the show in general

  1. #1
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Basic questions about the show in general

    I've wondered about this and hope someone answers, and maybe this thread will help some others who have been wondering about how the show works, what the abbreviations and jargon are, and any other basic questions.

    Here's my question:

    Has the person who receives the final rose (either Bachelor or Bachelorette) always received a marriage proposal too? I realize this doesn't apply to Brad's show, but no one got the rose either. Has it been like that since the show started? If not, when did it get to the point that it HAD to involve a marriage proposal? Was it supposed to be like that from the first show? Thanks everyone!

  2. #2
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Basic questions about the show in general

    the original premise of the show was to have the final rose accompany a marriage proposal... but starting in the 2nd or 3rd season we got promise rings, a promise to "see if things can work", airline tickets to come visit... so things have gotten off track, but TPTB would love to have the show end in a proposal...
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

  3. #3
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Basic questions about the show in general

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3058717;
    the original premise of the show was to have the final rose accompany a marriage proposal... but starting in the 2nd or 3rd season we got promise rings, a promise to "see if things can work", airline tickets to come visit... so things have gotten off track, but TPTB would love to have the show end in a proposal...
    I don't believe there was a marriage proposal on the very first show...was there? I may be wrong.

  4. #4
    Life is GOOD! Lifeisgood2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    501

    Re: Basic questions about the show in general

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3058713;
    I've wondered about this and hope someone answers, and maybe this thread will help some others who have been wondering about how the show works, what the abbreviations and jargon are, and any other basic questions.

    Here's my question:

    Has the person who receives the final rose (either Bachelor or Bachelorette) always received a marriage proposal too? I realize this doesn't apply to Brad's show, but no one got the rose either. Has it been like that since the show started? If not, when did it get to the point that it HAD to involve a marriage proposal? Was it supposed to be like that from the first show? Thanks everyone!
    There has not always been a proposal even though that is the underlying intent of the show IMO. In the beginning shows we were even shown the girls getting sized for the rings and trying the actual rings on. Some show endings have been promises not proposals. The bachelorette's were even empowered by CH to not accept the rose if they didn't feel inclined to do so. That stopped even being brought up at some point.

    Up until Brad's season someone has always been picked, even if it didn't last 1 week after taping wrapped. I do think after Brad's season the contract was changed that someone absolutely had to be picked. And they might have even changed it to say that the person you choose you then have to propose to but I'm not sure.

  5. #5
    FORT Fanatic LuvnIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    420

    Re: Basic questions about the show in general

    Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3058720;
    I don't believe there was a marriage proposal on the very first show...was there? I may be wrong.

    I just watched that one on VH1 a week or so ago and he picked Amanda but i don't think he even gave her the ring .

  6. #6
    Life is GOOD! Lifeisgood2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    501

    Re: Basic questions about the show in general

    I don't think he gave Amanda the ring either. I think the first proposal was Aaron & Helene.

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Basic questions about the show in general

    season 1) Alex Michel proposal? NO
    season 2) Aaron Buerge proposal? YES (broke up after a couple of months)
    season 3) Andrew Firestone proposal? YES (broke up after a couple of months)
    season 4) Bob Guiney proposal? NO
    season 5) Jesse Palmer proposal? NO
    season 6) Byron Velvick proposal? Yes (still engaged)
    season 7) Charlie O'Connell proposal? no
    season 8) Travis Stork proposal? nope
    season 9) Lorenzo Borghese proposal? nope
    season 10) Andy Baldwin proposal? yes (broke up after a couple of months)
    season 11) Brad Womack proposal? nope
    season 11) Mike Grant? proposal Yes (current status--unclear)
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

  8. #8
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Basic questions about the show in general

    BONBON............
    season 11) Mike Grant? proposal Yes (current status--unclear)

    ROFL - that made me laugh - thanx
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  9. #9
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,153

    Re: Basic questions about the show in general

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3058734;
    season 1) Alex Michel proposal? NO
    season 2) Aaron Buerge proposal? YES (broke up after a couple of months)
    season 3) Andrew Firestone proposal? YES (broke up after a couple of months)
    season 4) Bob Guiney proposal? NO
    season 5) Jesse Palmer proposal? NO
    season 6) Byron Velvick proposal? Yes (still engaged)
    season 7) Charlie O'Connell proposal? no
    season 8) Travis Stork proposal? nope
    season 9) Lorenzo Borghese proposal? nope
    season 10) Andy Baldwin proposal? yes (broke up after a couple of months)
    season 11) Brad Womack proposal? nope
    season 11) Mike Grant? proposal Yes (current status--unclear)
    season 7 - Charlie - no proposal but didn't that relationship last a few years (until more recently I think)

    The Bachelorettes have fared much better.

    season 1) Trista & Ryan proposal? yes, happily ever after with babydoll Max to boot.
    season 2) Meredith & Ian proposal? yes, (engaged ? years then broke up)
    season 3) Jen proposal? No!!! (she didn't even want to give him a rose and would have taken it back if Fleiss allowed it at ATFR) Big flop!

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Basic questions about the show in general

    season 11) Mike Grant? proposal Yes (current status--unclear)
    OMG how quickly we forget... I do believe his name was actually Matt Grant
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.