Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Basic questions about the show in general

FORT Fogey

Re: Basic questions about the show in general

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjhf;3083970;
    What do you think of the editing during DeAnna's season? Do you think we're being swayed to feel differently based on how the bachelors are being presented to us?

I see a pretty focused editing with Jason as F1 throughout the whole show. It builds.
    But of course, we are being led to sway at times ie. Graham, Jeremy, Jesse and even Sean to some degree so that we see the complexity of the relationships involved.

It's like the parable of the 7 blind men and the elephant . All 7 "see" the elephant from where they're at (in this case emotionally) and Fleiss just tries to show the drama of that in the various story lines. The "elephant" is not intended as an insult to our dear Dee.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCruiser;3084259;
    It's like the parable of the 7 blind men and the elephant . All 7 "see" the elephant from where they're at (in this case emotionally) and Fleiss just tries to show the drama of that in the various story lines. The "elephant" is not intended as an insult to our dear Dee.
    Okay, I admit it - I looked it up....lol

And wow, what a great anaology on how we all see things differently based on our perspectives and perceptions.

For anyone else interested who has never heard of this tale....lol [which is probably no one other than myself]

In various versions of the tale, a group of blind men (or men in the dark) touch an elephant to learn what it is like. Each one touches a different part, but only one part, such as the side or the tusk. They then compare notes on what they felt, and learn they are in complete disagreement. The story is used to indicate that reality may be viewed differently depending upon one's perspective, suggesting that what seems an absolute truth may be relative due to the deceptive nature of half-truths.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3084270;
    Okay, I admit it - I looked it up....lol

And wow, what a great anaology on how we all see things differently based on our perspectives and perceptions.

For anyone else interested who has never heard of this tale....lol [which is probably no one other than myself]

Theres a great little video on YouTube that explains it. The parable of the seven blind men and the elephant.

Learning that years ago was a lightbulb moment... has helped me in many of my relationship situations.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCruiser;3084259;
    I see a pretty focused editing with Jason as F1 throughout the whole show. It builds.
    But of course, we are being led to sway at times ie. Graham, Jeremy, Jesse and even Sean to some degree so that we see the complexity of the relationships involved.

I think that Fleiss LUCKED OUT this season as there was so much to run with in terms of the guys. Even Richard was an early front runner/fan favorite. The best thing De ever did was let him got after their 1-on-1. Had she kept him longer - especially with Richard having a fan base loving him after just a couple weeks - she would really have gotten some hate mail as he seemed like a true sweetheart. When I saw that happen, I knew this was going to be a good season.

I think the person who got the most "poked fun at" edit was Sean. They rolled it out in doses ... but it crescendo'd at the DTA when he was talking about his beauty products and tanning bed, etc. I don't think too many people cared that De let him go after the viewing audience saw that side of Sean.

ANd - I actually think that it ended with a love match so no wonder we've been getting to see 2 hour episodes, a DTA, MTA and ATFR! They are obviously selling a lot of advertising !

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjhf;3083970;
    What do you think of the editing during DeAnna's season? Do you think we're being swayed to feel differently based on how the bachelors are being presented to us?
    I have seen an edit building to De/Jason match. It has been slow and building- just like a real world romance should be. It was the same with Trista & Ryan, a slow building relationship that didn't make sense until the FRC.

i saw more with her and Charlie than I did with her and Ryan. I want to add that I knew Ryan's brother and rooted for the local boy the whole series, but just never saw it.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I think that Fleiss LUCKED OUT this season as there was so much to run with in terms of the guys.
    For sure. There were a LOT of really great guys this season. Usually on every season (even The Bachelor), it's easy to pick 1 or 2 favorites (and maybe 1 villian) out of the whole bunch. This year, I really liked so many of the guys and would have been happy with any of them being the F1. I'll be sad when the whole show is over, not just because of the potential love story, but just sad not to see all of these guys again. I agree with whoever said they should do a Big Brother show with past Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants. Oh man, I'd really have no life for months though!

I've been lurking a long time, but never paid attention to FORT sleuthers' track record in picking the F1 correctly. And is there usually a consensus on who the final one is every season? At least among the regulars?

Thanks!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by n2shabbychic;3084982;
    For sure. There were a LOT of really great guys this season. Usually on every season (even The Bachelor), it's easy to pick 1 or 2 favorites (and maybe 1 villian) out of the whole bunch. This year, I really liked so many of the guys and would have been happy with any of them being the F1. I'll be sad when the whole show is over, not just because of the potential love story, but just sad not to see all of these guys again. I agree with whoever said they should do a Big Brother show with past Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants. Oh man, I'd really have no life for months though!
    ITA - in fact, said this in slightly different words on another post:

I have watched every bachelor show and every bachelorette show - I was in love, love, love with Ryan while many others were still rooting for Charlie. I was completely in love with Matthew while everyone else, including Mer, was in love with Ian. I was totally, riduculously in love with Jerry Ferris while Jenn was messing with us all. But, I have to say, this season has had the hottest and sexiest group of men ever! It has been a pleasure to watch each and every week no matter who stayed and who was sent home - how easy on the eyes even someone with aging, I could be their grandmother, eyes. Seriously!

sorry i am a newbie...what is ITA?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebz17;3085083;
    sorry i am a newbie...what is ITA?
    It means I totally agree!