Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Basic questions about the show in general

Re: Basic questions about the show in general

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;3060731;
    I think it appeared to be a setup because they needed a romantic bachelor ending so badly, then here come an actress and a man who had been in some sort of B movie at some point in his life and they fall in love.
    I didn't know he was in a movie? Details please...and thank you
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3061056;
    I didn't know he was in a movie? Details please...and thank you

Someone with a better memory than mine should hop in here and correct what I say that isn't exactly what happened, but.....

He was in some B production and two of the bachelorettes discovered it before filming and were released. From this, some (including me) thought that maybe he did the show as a career boosters.

Doesn't really bother me. Most come with agendas and some leave in a relationship that was an added perk.

I'm sure this activity is enhanced by editing, but I notice that Graham is always either holding a beer, or drinking a beer or what looks like an alcoholic beverage. He looks slightly under the weather (hangover) in a lot of shots. He walks like he is just plain tired. I think he is a drinker.

FORT Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredpants;3059747;
    Why do they edit men/women totally different than their actual personalities?
    I don't think they edit people TOTALLY differently from their personalities. I think they take one or two aspects of your personality and exaggerate them to make it seem like that is the bulk of who you are.
    As you can tell, depending on who the particular contestant is that you are rooting for, many times the degree of accuracy by the sleuthers is not particularly appreciated. However, the degree of accuracy, nonetheless, is generally quite high. -The ever astute Bloomers

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3058896;

On that note - to any of you wonderful sleuthers:

Has it ever been apparent to you that the Bachelor/Bachelorette was falling in love early in the season? I mean, could you just tell? Or do TPTB disguise it so well? We've seen them focus on F4, F3, F2, whatever - but did you ever know by the interaction of them with their F1's?
    It was apparent to me that Aaron fell hard for Helene from the get-go. His body language and facial expressions spoke volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Dream;3070892;
    It was apparent to me that Aaron fell hard for Helene from the get-go. His body language and facial expressions spoke volumes.
    And Ian had Meredith from the moment he stepped out of the limo IMO. I also think Byron fell for Mary right away and it was pretty obvious. I do think that in other cases, you could see the attraction for the F1 early on, but there was always at least one or two others that they seemed to have more "chemistry" with - for example, Andy with Bevin and Tessa.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OhioStarbuck;3070450;
    I'm sure this activity is enhanced by editing, but I notice that Graham is always either holding a beer, or drinking a beer or what looks like an alcoholic beverage. He looks slightly under the weather (hangover) in a lot of shots. He walks like he is just plain tired. I think he is a drinker.
    OhioStarbuck! Alchohol and its consumption has always played a large role in this show. In the last couple of seasons, I noticed more participants carrying around bottles of water, but with the guys, I'm sure there was always beer in the fridge. Whether Graham is, in truth, a drinker is an unknown.

Stacerace - the way the story came out was that a British poster (friend of Matt) came to the board with a post that Matt had - as a favor - acted in an internet movie another friend was making as a student project. The friend pointed us to a trailer online for this movie project. It has since been removed. The story continues pre-show when another poster claims that two of the women were not given roses on the first night because they had knowledge of this movie. It later came to our attention that one of the women who was dismissed had read about it on FORT when she was doing some pre-show research. THUS the "big" movie career of Matthew Grant.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MissMilano;3058902;
    Beachmom, the most obvious case of falling in love early was Mer and Ian, he had her at hello. It was also obvious to me with Byron and Mary and I thought Andy fell for Tessa very early on too. Due to the edit, I think that it is not always obvious and depending on who your favorite might be, you could have a difference of opinion on who the bach/ette is actually falling for.
    Oh my gosh - I completely agree with those three picks! I also have to say that until this season ... the three that you just listed where my absolute favorite seaons and really the only ones that I posted to the various message boards. I was CONSTANTLY online for the Andy/Tessa season and it appears that I am going to have a VERY unproductive life until July 8th!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by wandb;3059744;
    Just a quick couple of questions:

Why does everyone think that the Matt/Shayne season was a set-up?

Why was it so obvious who was going to be the F1? I admit it that I didn't find this place until last week so I didn't know how the breakdowns went but I was pretty surprised that she was picked. She had that whole crazy moment in Vegas thing and Matt looked like he thought she was too high maintenance. Also, there was the whole bit about her only doing the show for publicity. I thought he would pick Chelsea.

TIA!
    ITA about Shayne comments ... I fancy myself pretty good at predicting the final 1 and this is pretty much the only season that I didn't "call it." I thought this season was just so contrived and kept waiting for Matt to give Shayne the boot. Even my husband - who barely watches this show - thought that Shayne was all an act (and not a very good one).

But, the Matt/Shayne show was also a very HEALTHY season for me. I didn't spend any time whatsoever sleuthing or posting because I just didn't care how it ended. How I wish that this was true with the DeJay love story that has me online posting day and night. UGGGH

FORT Newbie

What do you think of the editing during DeAnna's season? Do you think we're being swayed to feel differently based on how the bachelors are being presented to us?