Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Basic questions about the show in general

Re: Basic questions about the show in general

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;3059554;
    Bob did not propose to Estella...he gave her the ring as a "promise/let's ee where this will go" ring. They looked semi-happy at Trista and Ryan's wedding, but I think around that time was when he was starting things with Rebecca Budig.
    If anyone can enlightened me as to what Rebecca Budig sees in him, please clue me in. I rewatched Trista's season trying to figure that out, and still couldn't. Wanting to see Kelly Jo again, I even tried watching Bob's season, but stopped.

FORT Regular

Just a quick couple of questions:

Why does everyone think that the Matt/Shayne season was a set-up?

Why was it so obvious who was going to be the F1? I admit it that I didn't find this place until last week so I didn't know how the breakdowns went but I was pretty surprised that she was picked. She had that whole crazy moment in Vegas thing and Matt looked like he thought she was too high maintenance. Also, there was the whole bit about her only doing the show for publicity. I thought he would pick Chelsea.

TIA!

Why do they edit men/women totally different than their actual personalities?
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredpants;3059747;
    Why do they edit men/women totally different than their actual personalities?
    For drama, for storyline, and because Fleiss is not a particularly nice man.

I didn't really look at this site in the Matt season until a little bit farther along because I wanted to vent about Chelsea (couldn't stand that girl!!! Trailer trash comes to mind ). I felt it was obvious he would choose Shayne after the ski trip. Or at least that he would be stupid not to. I really liked Noelle a lot but didn't see as much of a connection and thought they didn't suit each other. Now, I feel she is too classy for him. Amanda totally turned me off after the HT joke . I just thought he had the best connection with Shayne.

ETA: I'm not really sure why people think that Matt/Shayne was a setup. I never did see that myself. I think they had a genuine connection. I think if Shayne was not the daughter of an actor and an actress herself and was a nurse or whatever instead people probably wouldn't call it a setup. I think that people are suspicious of actors and that's why it was believed to be a setup.
    Last edited by stacerace; 06-16-2008 at 08:55 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a season when there were two bachelors in the beginning and the women had to pick which one do they want? I can't remember which season was it (there were so many ) Byron's perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Monika;3060010;
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a season when there were two bachelors in the beginning and the women had to pick which one do they want? I can't remember which season was it (there were so many ) Byron's perhaps?
    Yes, that was Byron's season and he picked Mary.

Thanks. I'm glad to know my brain is still working...

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3059854;
    I didn't really look at this site in the Matt season until a little bit farther along because I wanted to vent about Chelsea (couldn't stand that girl!!! Trailer trash comes to mind ). I felt it was obvious he would choose Shayne after the ski trip. Or at least that he would be stupid not to. I really liked Noelle a lot but didn't see as much of a connection and thought they didn't suit each other. Now, I feel she is too classy for him. Amanda totally turned me off after the HT joke . I just thought he had the best connection with Shayne.

ETA: I'm not really sure why people think that Matt/Shayne was a setup. I never did see that myself. I think they had a genuine connection. I think if Shayne was not the daughter of an actor and an actress herself and was a nurse or whatever instead people probably wouldn't call it a setup. I think that people are suspicious of actors and that's why it was believed to be a setup.
    ITA, Stacerace, with your whole post...especially the bolded part. I hope that Shayne & Matt will be very happy together, too.

I think it appeared to be a setup because they needed a romantic bachelor ending so badly, then here come an actress and a man who had been in some sort of B movie at some point in his life and they fall in love.