Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Basic questions about the show in general

Re: Basic questions about the show in general

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3058758;
    OMG how quickly we forget... I do believe his name was actually Matt Grant
    And I love how you didn't go back and edit your original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3058754;
    season 7 - Charlie - no proposal but didn't that relationship last a few years (until more recently I think)

The Bachelorettes have fared much better.

season 1) Trista & Ryan proposal? yes, happily ever after with babydoll Max to boot.
    season 2) Meredith & Ian proposal? yes, (engaged ? years then broke up)
    season 3) Jen proposal? No!!! (she didn't even want to give him a rose and would have taken it back if Fleiss allowed it at ATFR) Big flop!
    Charlie & Sarah were together a few years and just broke up last year. I really thought they were gonna last.

Meredith & Ian were engaged for at least a year.

FORT Regular

Oooo, Beachmom. I could kiss you! I’ve been lamenting over the need for a Bachelorette for Dummies book. This is better! Thanks for starting this thread. Be warned. I have no fear in asking moronic questions.

For starters:

* What does ATFR stand for?

* Have any of the contestants at any time during any show actually said “no” when asked if they would accept a rose? Or “no” to a proposal?

* In Survivor we’ve often been given false or altered SC during a season coupled with intentionally false information that led us to believe a certain player was going home (i.e. false plane ticket information, or being scheduled on The Early Show the morning after their boot, false origination dates on websites and so forth). Has that ever been the case in previous Bachelor or Bachelorette seasons specifically in regard to intentionally misleading spoilers about the F4, F3, F2, and F1 (the hometown dates, fantasy dates, and last chance dates)?

* Have all of the F1 winners been likeable? Have their edits reflected that?

* Do the contestants always live with the bach/bachelorette or are they segregated? (Someone was kind enough to mention that there was a recent issue with male contestants trashing swanky digs.) So is the Outhouse a new twist?

* Does it usually turn out that the Bachelor or Bachelorette have made their final pick long before the last chance date? (Have any of ‘em made mention of that in post-show interviews and such…)

* Is Chris Harrison the same guy who played host on a show on the Home and Garden channel?

* Most importantly. Where is the wink emote?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by PiperMaru;3058857;
    Oooo, Beachmom. I could kiss you! I’ve been lamenting over the need for a Bachelorette for Dummies book. This is better! Thanks for starting this thread. Be warned. I have no fear in asking moronic questions.

For starters:

* What does ATFR stand for? After The Final Rose...usually a feel good follow up show highlighting the happy couple and giving the runner up a means of getting closure
    * Have any of the contestants at any time during any show actually said “no” when asked if they would accept a rose? Or “no” to a proposal?

None of the women that I know refused a rose although many supposedly made it clear that they wanted to leave. For the men, I believe that one of Trista's bachelors early on declined a rose and the fabulous Fabrice in Jen's season declined a rose. No one has declined a proposal if one was asked.* In Survivor we’ve often been given false or altered SC during a season coupled with intentionally false information that led us to believe a certain player was going home (i.e. false plane ticket information, or being scheduled on The Early Show the morning after their boot, false origination dates on websites and so forth). Has that ever been the case in previous Bachelor or Bachelorette seasons specifically in regard to intentionally misleading spoilers about the F4, F3, F2, and F1 (the hometown dates, fantasy dates, and last chance dates)? I have not heard of concrete examples where false info was presented, rumors all the time. National Enquirer used to publish the winner sometime near the end, but they haven't covered the show the last several seasons. As others have pointed out, I am sure that there have been people posting on various boards false info to lead sleuthers astray, but mostly on the ABC board, I think
    * Have all of the F1 winners been likeable? Have their edits reflected that? Not all winners have been universally likeable, but in comparison to the other choice, they usually were presented as more a match by the edit given their character, than the other bachelor(ette) not chosen.
    * Do the contestants always live with the bach/bachelorette or are they segregated? (Someone was kind enough to mention that there was a recent issue with male contestants trashing swanky digs.) So is the Outhouse a new twist? Usually all the bachelor(ette)s live in a separate mansion, a distance from the Bachelor(ette) residence. In Byron's season, he actually lived in the pool house adjacent to the women's mansion so he got to see them daily. DeAnna having a rotating trio of guys is a first. Yes there was a lawsuit in CA where one of the season's trashed someone's property

* Does it usually turn out that the Bachelor or Bachelorette have made their final pick long before the last chance date? (Have any of ‘em made mention of that in post-show interviews and such…) I think for almost all of the successful couples, I have seen the Bachelor/ette comment about deciding much earlier than the LCD or sometimes wayyyy earlier in the process who they wanted..Meredith/Ian as an example. For those couples where the Bach/ette in question was about as involved as flipping a coin to determine his final choice--Lorenzo/Travis, since the relationships were busts, who cared?
    * Is Chris Harrison the same guy who played host on a show on the Home and Garden channel? Yep

* Most importantly. Where is the wink emote?

Thanks in advance!
    Hope this helps
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

PiperMaru, you've been so more than helpful in all of your posts (((big smooch - and I can't find an emote for that!))) I CAN answer one of your questions, so I will! There is a wink/grin emote on the board, but sometimes I just ; )

Thanks you for your wonderful transcripts. It makes everything so much clearer. There is still so much I need to learn! And just when I have everything figured out - or think I do - someone posts something to change my mind!

On that note - to any of you wonderful sleuthers:

Has it ever been apparent to you that the Bachelor/Bachelorette was falling in love early in the season? I mean, could you just tell? Or do TPTB disguise it so well? We've seen them focus on F4, F3, F2, whatever - but did you ever know by the interaction of them with their F1's?

I'm no sleuther, but I always thought in Byron's season, you could tell he was in love with Mary the moment he laid eyes on her getting off the elevator. I thought that season was very obvious as to who the f1 would be.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3058896;
    PiperMaru, you've been so more than helpful in all of your posts (((big smooch - and I can't find an emote for that!))) I CAN answer one of your questions, so I will! There is a wink/grin emote on the board, but sometimes I just ; )

Thanks you for your wonderful transcripts. It makes everything so much clearer. There is still so much I need to learn! And just when I have everything figured out - or think I do - someone posts something to change my mind!

On that note - to any of you wonderful sleuthers:

Has it ever been apparent to you that the Bachelor/Bachelorette was falling in love early in the season? I mean, could you just tell? Or do TPTB disguise it so well? We've seen them focus on F4, F3, F2, whatever - but did you ever know by the interaction of them with their F1's?
    Beachmom, the most obvious case of falling in love early was Mer and Ian, he had her at hello. It was also obvious to me with Byron and Mary and I thought Andy fell for Tessa very early on too. Due to the edit, I think that it is not always obvious and depending on who your favorite might be, you could have a difference of opinion on who the bach/ette is actually falling for.

on the VH1 replay I saw two bach'ettes leave the same time before the RC, I think it was Aaron?
    so ladies have left, they just didn't wait until right at the moment of the rose offering.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMilano;3058902;
    Beachmom, the most obvious case of falling in love early was Mer and Ian, he had her at hello. It was also obvious to me with Byron and Mary and I thought Andy fell for Tessa very early on too. Due to the edit, I think that it is not always obvious and depending on who your favorite might be, you could have a difference of opinion on who the bach/ette is actually falling for.
    I felt that Andy was first attracted to Tiffany from Boston. He was eyeing her during the meet and greet and gave her the special alone time on the bull riding date which had Tessa in attendance. Unfortunately, that alone time proved they had even less chemistry than Andrew and Amber did when skating.

ETA. I find it interesting how Bachelors(ettes) have made their alone time/date rose/SQT selections. Brad seemed to take a "share the wealth, who's closest?" approach. I will never think that Matt's choices of Chelsea over Shayne TWICE were not genuine at the time. Needless to say, Deanna has made some interesting picks.
    Last edited by longhornalum; 06-16-2008 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PiperMaru;3058857;

For starters:

* What does ATFR stand for? After the Final Rose

* Have any of the contestants at any time during any show actually said “no” when asked if they would accept a rose? Or “no” to a proposal? No one has ever said 'no' to a proposal, however Fabrice during Jen's bach'ette season withdrew himself before the RC...I can't remember if a woman has ever withdrawn herself before a RC though.

* In Survivor we’ve often been given false or altered SC during a season coupled with intentionally false information that led us to believe a certain player was going home (i.e. false plane ticket information, or being scheduled on The Early Show the morning after their boot, false origination dates on websites and so forth). Has that ever been the case in previous Bachelor or Bachelorette seasons specifically in regard to intentionally misleading spoilers about the F4, F3, F2, and F1 (the hometown dates, fantasy dates, and last chance dates)? No-ish...some sc's were used from previous seasons during the current season that was airing though.

* Have all of the F1 winners been likeable? Have their edits reflected that? For the most part, yes. However, Helene (S2) had a somewhat unfavorable edit..

* Do the contestants always live with the bach/bachelorette or are they segregated? (Someone was kind enough to mention that there was a recent issue with male contestants trashing swanky digs.) So is the Outhouse a new twist? For the bach'ette seasons, the outhouse is new. During Byron's season, he lived with the women, but typically they live in seperate houses.

* Does it usually turn out that the Bachelor or Bachelorette have made their final pick long before the last chance date? (Have any of ‘em made mention of that in post-show interviews and such…) Byron said that he knew it was Mary from the moment he saw her. Andrew said this about Jen and Aaron said this about Helene. I think Meredith said she knew it was Ian from day one as well. For the most part though, most know after the HTD's and the FD's.

Thanks in advance!
    I bolded my answers for you!
    Forever a Word Nerd

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Acutally I think Blob did propose to Estella but then ditched her right after Trista & Ryan's wedding.

Charlie didn't propose to Sarah B, but she did move to LA to be with him and they were together for three years.

Jen & Andrew were together nearly a year, she also moved to San Fran to be with Andrew and they lived together.

Aaron & Helene broke up two weeks after the ATFR was shown.. she caught him looking at other women when they were out to lunch and realiized he was a player and dumped him right there. They sold the ring jointy on Ebay (for 10K) and split the money.

Also, during Season 1, Alex showed the ring to Amanda, and said, I'll give this to you after we see if it works out. The plan was for her to move to San Fran with him, but she never moved and they dated long distance for about 6 months and then quietly called it quits.
    Last edited by simplechef; 06-16-2008 at 11:50 AM.