Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Color Green

Re: The Color Green

I don't know. I don't understand how what color De wears is a clue to anything.
    First, her elimination order has not been a secret. So what difference would the color symbolization make?
    Second, in Bachelor 11 she wore an abundance of black clothing and I don't remember anyone basing significance with that.
    Third this season, she is wearing variations of the color yellow often. Two of her RC gowns were gold. Does this color have any significance?
    Most of her swimwear is in the red/coral shades. So does this have significance?
    I think she is wearing things more along the lines of her personal interests.

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryMist;3058159;
    Maybe GREEN is her favorite color....and that is why she wears it.....maybe she also had her colors done and was told it was definitely her color!
    Maybe GREEN is her 'feel good' color....we all have those!
    ITA IvoryMist. Green probably is her favorite color and she may not be aware that most of the clothes she owns are green. Pink is my favorite color and about a month ago I was going through my clothes and it occurred to me for the very first time that everything I own (including my cell phone ) is pink. I then started analyzing, why all the pink? Pink makes me feel good. It makes me feel feminine and pretty and more like a girl. I realized that when I'm wearing pink I smile more and have more of a bounce to my walk and I feel happy and flirty. I also project a different attitude and have noticed that more men have responded to me since I've been wearing pink. I realize it's not the pink that make men notice me but the confidence. Unfortunately, the only men that notice me are weird, ugly and creepy guys
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Regular

I also don't see what color Dee wears is any indication of who she's going to pick. I think she wears lots of greens, and yes, yellows because these colors compliment her skin tone. She looks particularly good with green colors that pop, and the production designer may have told her to buy certain colors. Primary colors show really well on TV, where as certain patterns and colors look horrible or washed out on TV.

I have a lot of white and red colors in my wardrobe. White because it just goes with almost anything, and red because I like that it's a strong color. Oh, some random middle eastern fortune teller also stopped in the street & told me to wear lots of red because it's my "power/spiritual" color. I've always liked red, but I do think of the fortune teller whenever I buy anything red. Often times, after I bought an item.
    Last edited by Ms.Anthrope; 06-15-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Bathing"Not Quite"Beauty Copperdawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3058065;
    I just don't see the color Dee is wearing is an indication of who she picks. She wears both green and yellow a lot. Maybe she likes how she looks in them. She clearly has a green hoodie which we've seen in PI's and she's also in it in the preview SC talking with Jason so I doubt they photoshopped it with Graham.

I understand your doubt, and I have no real conclusion about the why of it, but I am almost certain that the color of that hoodie in that screen shot has been altered. I've seen this bleed affect again and again when I'm working in photoshop for work. It's pretty easy to do if you're not working on a zoomed in photo.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3058176;
    I don't know. I don't understand how what color De wears is a clue to anything.
    First, her elimination order has not been a secret. So what difference would the color symbolization make?
    Second, in Bachelor 11 she wore an abundance of black clothing and I don't remember anyone basing significance with that.
    Third this season, she is wearing variations of the color yellow often. Two of her RC gowns were gold. Does this color have any significance?
    Most of her swimwear is in the red/coral shades. So does this have significance?
    I think she is wearing things more along the lines of her personal interests.
    I think personally people saw it as something different to talk about. This thread has given me many laughs.

BTW - I agree it is probably that she loves that color and gravitates to it when buying things. My color is blue.

Well - if green has any significance regarding Jason at all - she is seen wearing yellow on one of the dates in the Bahama's - with Jason
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Copperdawn;3056990;
    Couldn't resist delurking to add this green tidbit: Seattle is known as "The Emerald City."

REALLY?! How cool is that?!

Isn't she also part Native American? If so, the following is Native American Color Symbolism:
    Red(Faith)communication
    Yellow(Love) overcoming challenges through unconditional love
    Green(Will) living willfully
    Blue(intuition)
    While she has worn green she also has worn all but first color. I seen some caps with the first two colors in them. So, why not include these colors alond with FRC SC in which she wears a combo of final two. I don't put any bearing on the colors she chooses to wear other than she looks lovely in All of them.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

There's green boogers, the green-eyed monster and being 'green with envy'.

You're looking a little 'green around the gills' is a saying referencing looking ill.

The Incredible Hulk turns green when he gets very, very angry so don't make him very, very angry.

There's the 'greenhouse' effect as well as 'She/He is a little green'.

Green is the color of money, honey.

Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises. - Pedro Calderon de la Barca

This is certain, that a man that studieth revenge keeps his wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well. - Francis Bacon

I like this one:

The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green. - Thomas Carlyle

Now, none of this has a dang thing to do with 'The Bachelorette' and I doubt it holds little value when trying to decipher De's green wardrobe. But I thought, what the heck.
    Cheers, Jammie

It is by doubting that we come to investigate, and by investigating that we recognize the truth. - Peter Abelard

Quote Originally Posted by Jammie;3058438;
    There's green boogers, the green-eyed monster and being 'green with envy'.

You're looking a little 'green around the gills' is a saying referencing looking ill.

The Incredible Hulk turns green when he gets very, very angry so don't make him very, very angry.

There's the 'greenhouse' effect as well as 'She/He is a little green'.

Green is the color of money, honey.

Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises. - Pedro Calderon de la Barca

This is certain, that a man that studieth revenge keeps his wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well. - Francis Bacon

I like this one:

The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green. - Thomas Carlyle

Now, none of this has a dang thing to do with 'The Bachelorette' and I doubt it holds little value when trying to decipher De's green wardrobe. But I thought, what the heck.
    Jammie, thanks for putting this in perspective. I tend to agree that Deanna likes green or has realized that she looks good in green. She also wears a lot of yellow this season