Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Home Town Dates - Guess It!

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Re: Home Town Dates - Guess It!

One dinner is disturbingly tense: Jeremy (because he doesn't really have any family for her to meet with)

Another's family warns her not to be a heartbreaker: Jason (because he's had his heart broken by a woman before)

A third guy's mother is surprisingly candid: Graham (can't be Jeremy because he's lost his mother)

The fourth guy's family goes out of the way to make her feel at home, Greek feast included---but she wonders whether it's the bachelor or his family she finds so appealing: Jesse (this is shades of Brad's visit to her house... he said nearly the same thing).

Okay, here's my take on this:

Greek dinner: Jesse
    Candid Mom: Jason
    Tense dinner: Graham
    Heart-breaking: Jeremy

I know many people think Jason is the Greek dinner guy. But think about it, would she wonder if she likes his family more than him? I can only see that with Jesse cause there just doesn't seem to be that romantic connection yet.
    Also, Jason and DeAnna talked about food. I would guess they either have Mexican food or mom's famous cheeseburgers.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Estella I could totally see mom's cheeseburgers at the dinner entre!

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;3052427;
    Okay, here's my take on this:

Greek dinner: Jesse
    Candid Mom: Jason

I know many people think Jason is the Greek dinner guy. But think about it, would she wonder if she likes his family more than him? I can only see that with Jesse cause there just doesn't seem to be that romantic connection yet.
    Also, Jason and DeAnna talked about food. I would guess they either have Mexican food or mom's famous cheeseburgers.

I don't see Jason mom as being candid she watched the bachelor show and really loved Deanna and as far as De maybe fell in love with little Ty and that makes her wonder if maybe that could be the reason for the if maybe she liked his family more than the guy himself not good in wording so hope i made sense here. I can see jesse mom as being candid tho.

Doesn't the word candid mean to be honest, frank, sincere, etc....
    IMO. that would be Jason's Fam.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;3052418;
    One dinner is disturbingly tense: Jeremy (because he doesn't really have any family for her to meet with)

Another's family warns her not to be a heartbreaker: Jason (because he's had his heart broken by a woman before)

A third guy's mother is surprisingly candid: Graham (can't be Jeremy because he's lost his mother)

The fourth guy's family goes out of the way to make her feel at home, Greek feast included---but she wonders whether it's the bachelor or his family she finds so appealing: Jesse (this is shades of Brad's visit to her house... he said nearly the same thing).
    Just FYI---Jeremy has 2 brothers, and I believe they both live in Texas (as does he)---and that's where his HTD occurs, so she could meet one or both brothers (and possibly their wives).

I vote with Kasha and Zen,
    Jason-Greek dinner, and huge welcome
    Jeremy-heartbreaker
    Jesse-candid Mom
    Graham-tense
    This will be interesting to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet_Tech;3052693;
    Doesn't the word candid mean to be honest, frank, sincere, etc....
    IMO. that would be Jason's Fam.

here are a few words to describe candid i still fell as tho Jason is the greek all out dinner because of Jason's mom being an avid fan of the bach / ette and absolutely loved De . Plus as i said before Jason has the only family that you could maybe fall in love with upon meeting might i say little Ty so that makes her wonder do i like Jason for himself or am i being influenced because i really love his son hmmmm this is where they could cast the doubt upon us viewers as to wheteher it ends up Jason or not . JMO and again hope i made sense i talk better than write

1. candid - adjective
    · characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion; "blunt talking and straight shooting"; "a blunt New England farmer"; "I gave them my candid opinion"; "forthright criticism"; "a forthright approach to the problem"; "tell me what you think--and you may just as well be frank"; "it is possible to be outspoken without being rude"; "plainspoken and to the point"; "a point-blank accusation"

Synonym(s): blunt, forthright, frank, free-spoken, outspoken, plainspoken, point-blank, straight-from-the-shoulder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. candid - adjective
    · informal or natural; especially caught off guard or unprepared; "a candid photograph"; "a candid interview"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. candid - adjective
    · openly straightforward and direct without reserve or secretiveness; "his candid eyes"; "an open and trusting nature"; "a heart-to-heart talk"

Synonym(s): open, heart-to-heart
    Last edited by LuvnIt; 06-12-2008 at 09:56 AM.

This is tricky and harder that I thought. I wonder if the candid one reveals anything surprising or disappointing. Remember, that one gal on Travis' season whose parents ruined it for her with their candor.

Greek dinner: Jason
    Candid Mom: Jesse

Greek: Jason
    Candid: Jeremy
    Heartbreaking: Jesse
    Tense: Graham
    I'm the pink flamingo on the green lawn of life who refuses to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person...