Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310311312313314315316317318319320
Results 3,191 to 3,196 of 3196

Thread: MTA ***Possible Spoilers***

Re: MTA ***Possible Spoilers***

Is everybody still thinking it COULD be Jesse? We have the previews that lead us so far away from him it's not funny, which lead me to believe TPTB don't want us to think it's him. So we will say, they're being too obvious; it has to be Jesse. But it is Jason. We have the screencap proof and the proof of two roses. Why on earth would TPTB let TWO men propose to her??? I think that's really low. Let her select her F1, then let him propose! (Then we'll all see if she'll give up her chance at Hollywood and stay with him!)

Quote Originally Posted by procheervet;3092889;
    I would be more apt to believe my source than I would Fleiss. I had no doubt we would hear about the "amazingly happy couple" and will continue to throught the AFTR. I have always said that. Deanna will not have it any other way because that would make Brad right. I see the remainder of this season as an extension of the outtakes of the PI's last night. She will continue to re-shoot until it all looks the way they want it to look, regardless of what is real.
    I don't have inside information, like you claim you do - but my oh my I thought she looked extremely happy when she announced her engagement. She was glowing, beaming even.... from the inside out. Was I imagining that? Or is she just a really good actress? Methinks neither, but that's jmo.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MtnDweller;3095248;
    Not sure what you meant when you said, "there is still one important thing about the letter that hasn't been mentioned." And then you said, "It's not about the contents of the letter though."

Huh?
    Is it the fact that she didn't know where it was at the taping of the MTA...and/or said she didn't have it anymore. I think I read that somewhere anyway.

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3093939;
    I want to preface my reply by saying that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that is what makes this board such an addictive, interesting read every day. That said, I feel a need to respectfully disagree with a few points in your post (which I bolded).

First, I am a licensed clinical social worker, and I have done quite a bit of trauma counseling, and I do not in any way see Jeremy's actions/comments during this show as indicating that he is in dire need of therapy. Suffering the loss of a parent is a traumatic thing, regardless of when it occurs in one's life---suffering the loss of the remaining parent shortly thereafter compounds that. I say that not only as a therapist, but as someone who lost my father, my mother-in-law and my grandmother all in quick succession when I was in my 30s. IMO Jeremy has dealt with the losses he has experienced as well as any sensitive person could. He seems aware of the depth of his loss and has acknowledged that it led him to be protective of his heart and closed off for a while---he also showed that he was ready to move past that, and start a new phase in his life. He is basically an introverted person, who doesn't open up easily, yet he did open up to Deanna. By her own admission they shared a special bond---he didn't imagine it, she confirms they had a connection. In opening his heart to her he fell in love with her, and made room for her in his life. That's not psychotic, it's what you are supposed to do when you fall in love with someone. When you are in love with someone you "need" them to be a part of your life and you also "need" them to be in love with you back, because if they don't it will break your heart---and who wants that? Jeremy at no point indicated that he wanted Deanna to fill a parental role in his life---on the contrary IMO he wanted to move past that and start his own family, with her as his partner.

As far as him asking the limo to pull over and wanting to walk around outside---I am surprised more contestants don't do that. Had he actually thrown up he wouldn't have been the first contestant to do that either. It is upsetting to get one's heart broken. I can't even imagine having to ride around in a limo with a camera crew in my face and NOT saying "could you pull over please---I need some air." As far as that scene not indicating he is ready for marriage---I think if anything his being that upset showed that he was in fact THAT committed to Deanna, and would have been ready for marriage. And honestly, as a therapist, I don't know how they expect people to spend weeks "falling in love" and then send them home where they are contractually forbidden to discuss their heartbreak with anyone...and then they are expected to have magically found closure. Maybe it is just me, but when I have gotten my heart broken I have always called and talked it out (or cried it out in person)---I can't even fathom being sent into isolation and not allowed to hash it out with the person or ask for any support from friends. Perhaps that's just me.

I also have a different take on Jeremy's family. Deanna says family is important to her....and, in spite of the bat-in-his-hand, bull-in-a-china-shop way that he went about delivering the sentiment, that's exactly what Jeremy's big brother was saying---family is important to him. Yes, he gave her a hard time. Yes, he could have had a little more grace and tact (I guess Jeremy got more of those genes!), but all he was doing was pointing out to her that he didn't have much time to spend with her, and she could potentially either become his sister-in-law or the girl who breaks his little brother's heart---so he told her what was on his mind. We have no clue how long the conversation lasted, or what was said in the parts we weren't shown---but we do know that the big brother ended the chat by poking fun at his own seriousness and his approach by saying "well she thinks Jeremy's perfect, so basically the only thing that could go wrong for him is she thinks his brothers are whacko"---or whatever similar thing he said. Deanna is a very direct young woman, if she were questioning a potential fiance/heartbreaker of her own sibling I have no doubt she would grill them equally as hard, and I could even see her saying something as defensive as "I"m not on your side". Besides which, you don't marry a person because of their family---you often marry a person in spite of them---it's the person who you fall in love with that counts. If you happen to love their family too, that's just a bonus. If their family gets along with your whole family as well, then that's pretty darned amazing. If Deanna rejected Jeremy because she was looking to join a big family, complete with parents who adore her, then I would say she is the one who might want to consider therapy. Once again, all JMO, as always. No offense intended, to anyone.
    Excellent post, Cheeky! I'm a psychologist also and ITA with you. JMO!
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by procheervet;3094062;
    Perhaps Deanna herself should take that class. Last night she really threw herself under the bus. She attacked Graham, who was trying very hard to behave like a gentleman and did not strike back. Kudos to Graham. And, I don't know too many women who are madly in love with another man and get that "pissed" when a man they supposedly have no feelings for does not appear devastated to have not been chosen. Things that make you hmmmmm.........
    I completely agree with you. . . the intensity of emotion and reactivity to Graham is troubling at this stage. A few months have passed and she picked her husband out and is totally in love, right? So who cares about this little anger dance with Graham- why go there? . . . I think she still cares for Graham quite a bit AND, I hate to say it, but my DH agrees, she still has the hots for him. . .
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

I agree with the "excited puppy" analogy! That excitement has become more and more obvious as the episodes unfolded. As much as I've been rooting for Jason, I'm beginning to think, as procheervet states, that he's been watching from the sidelines and planning his next move by listening carefully, watching and learning from the actions and mannerisms that got some guys kicked off, then adjusting his plan for the next move. It's sorta like a karate sparring match!

In my own life, I tend to go for the same type to which Deanna is drawn. It's been a repeated pattern that's led to nothing but disappointment, frustration and sometimes a lot of heartache. And one failed marriage when I actually married one of them.

Having said that, there's something about a guy running towards me to hug and spin that turns me off. Don't worship me till I've earned it.

I finally got to see the Rose Ceremony for Episode 7 last night (and Jeremy's heartbreak), and that same excitement came through again when DeAnna tells them it's time to go to Newnan. I'm surprised Jason didn't start jumping up and down when DeAnna called his name for the rose. Perhaps that excitement comes from being a sensitive, emotional type of guy, IDK.

On the other hand, I saw very little excitement or emotion coming from Jesse at the RC. Did anyone else notice that? He seemed exceptionally quiet and seemed to look down more than he looked up.