Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: To sleuth or not to sleuth?

To sleuth or not to sleuth?

After Matt's season it left me wondering. did sleuthing the show to threads (pun intended) make it better or worse? I watched the first half of the show without sleuthing and the second half with. I did enjoy the sleuthing greatly but i think it paled my show viewing.

So, for this season, I've decided to just watch and do a tiny bit of guessing

So folks, whats your opinon, to sleuth or not to sleuth?
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Re: To sleuth or not to sleuth?

I can't not sleuth - that is the challenge and fun part for me...

but you do run the risk of extreme disappointment...I hated that Fleiss handed us the answer last season..I prefer a little mystery

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;2991490;
    After Matt's season it left me wondering. did sleuthing the show to threads (pun intended) make it better or worse? I watched the first half of the show without sleuthing and the second half with. I did enjoy the sleuthing greatly but i think it paled my show viewing.

So, for this season, I've decided to just watch and do a tiny bit of guessing

So folks, whats your opinon, to sleuth or not to sleuth?
    Sleuth!

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2991725;
    I can't not sleuth - that is the challenge and fun part for me...

but you do run the risk of extreme disappointment...I hated that Fleiss handed us the answer last season..I prefer a little mystery
    Cape, I agree w/your statement. I think it is fun to sleuth and think you know the answers and then to watch the show to see if you are right. This year there was absolutely no mystery involved so that is why many lost interest. It was a combination of too much screen time for Shayne, too many leaks and too much insider information, and too much given away by Fleiss. I think there is a fine balance w/sleuthing, and this year that balance was way off which made the ending not suspenseful at all. In most seasons, even w/a ton of sleuthing, the outcome is never as obvious as it was this year.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

I love that absolute last second before the limo opens and you hold your breath waiting to see if you were right or not...last night there was no doubt so it was no fun...

Sleuthing is half the fun of it....although, with Bach12, you really didn't need to sleuth anything because the outcome was given in the first couple episodes...
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2991755;
    I love that absolute last second before the limo opens and you hold your breath waiting to see if you were right or not...last night there was no doubt so it was no fun...
    YES!
    That is the fun part, the emotions get involved and you are wanting to see if your were right and all that....

I missed that this season, so all I can say is.....Bring on the Bachelorette! I am so ready for this one!!!
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

Ah, i suppose thats the thing, this season didnt leave much to the imagination.

People were saying with Bach10 no-one knew who it was until Bevin stepped out of the Limo.

I cant help but guess, but i want to try and stop pausing it and going 'hmmmm blond hair?' although i cant help it. Hopefully this season i will get a better experience
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2991755;
    That's exactly how I feel! Last night, I knew without a doubt that it was going to be Chelsea getting out of the limo first. It is far less fun when you know a million percent (TM Jenni) that you already know the winner.

The most confident I was going into that moment was with Andy's season, especially since they showed us a peek of Tessa's dress during a preview in the episode of the proposal and the wide shot with the sky once the episode started, which just confirmed what we were thinking, but still. That was a fun season!

I sleuth because I am detail oriented. I'm curious, and I love a challenge. But, it really doesn't take the fun out of it for me, knowing what's going to happen. In most seasons, just because I know (or think I know), the ending, I still enjoy watching the story unfold - and seeing what twists and turns and editing tricks Fleiss tries to trip us up.

It helps when my F1 is the F1 because I feel like I can enjoy the story more, without worrying they're going to be hurt in the end.

FORT Fan

I must confess that with Trista, Meredith, Andrew, Andy and even Brad's shows my heart was literally about to beat out of my chest to see who got out of the limo first. I would say the sleuthing didn't take away from the viewing. For every "argument" for one viewpoint, there was often an equally legit one for the other. I enjoy not being a naive viewer.

Not so for Matt's season. I feel I would have felt the same without knowing what I learned here. Much more shocked that he picked Shayne maybe but that is about it.

Plus I love the fact that you all are some darn smart!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast