Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To sleuth or not to sleuth?

FORT Fan

Re: To sleuth or not to sleuth?

I'm to the point I'd rather watch the show and focus on the edited story version of the final few guys(Jason, Jeremy, Jesse, Sean, Graham...)rather than know the ending without the story. Maybe I'll stay out of the guys threads from now on and just focus on Deanna's spoilers and BLF threads.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;3001350;
    I'm getting to the point where oversleuthing is diluting my interest in enjoying the show. I don't think that it's so much sc analysis of scenes from the show, but ALL the info that can be gleaned off MySpace, Facebook or just google in general. Yes, I know there were reports of Aaron's earlier engagement that went pffft. But how much info did we really have on the bachelors in Trista's season, background wise or Andrew's season, especially Kristin's boyfriend. ( whose existence was revealed on the show, not thru sleuthing, or am I experiencing a brain f*rt again. )

So maybe I won't even play the RCG this time around which may help wean me from my desire to pick the winners every week. I might change my mind....there are still several days to go.
    I remember that I read rumors on the alphabet board before the F2 that Kirsten had a boyfriend, so I wasn't surprised by that. I didn't slueth a lot until after Blob though... I only read the alphabet board before that.

Sleuthing (putting the pieces together) is one thing. Getting to know some of the participants is another rewarding. And digging into personal lives is another. I've done all three, and enjoyed all three in different degrees. What I have really liked is the discovery before the star is announced and the screencap analysis until favorites are chosen - about two weeks into the show. It is fun and exciting to beat the editors at their own game! And such fun to see how the show actually plays out different than you thought

However, he aftermath of B10, B11, and B12 have exhausted and discouraged me. So many people with whom I loved sluething have done a disappearing act and the FORT has just changed a lot and it's just not the same atmosphere...

My adiction is too strong to quit cold turkey and I have some wonderful friends here whom I would miss terribly. But I am getting better at keeping my mouth shut
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Jelle.. I completely agree with you... It's too hard to quit cold turkey, and if there is not a rc game it will make it that much easier, but I have to admit, as soon as they show the "this season on the bachelorette" caps at the end of the show monday, I'll be here looking at them and watching the preview in slo mo.. can't help myself!

Hee Hee My sleuther self says I cannot miss a clue but the reality is that you are all SOOO fast now, by the time work is over on the west coast and I commute home ... it is a done deal around here.

I enjoyed watching last season mostly as a lurker and no RC Game.
    This one, I will sit back an watch - with very mixed feelings.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I have been a lurker for a long time and finally joined. I am amazed at how much and how quickly personal information can be found on the different people. I keep promising myself NOT to look at the spoilers, but every day I find myself reading them! I am fortunate that my dh watches the shows with me- we make a game of it. For B-12 we had baked fish for dinner(for London's fish and chips) before each show, and he presented me a red rose. We'd have a glass of wine and Klink our glasses for each "amazing" or "connection" we hear...sometime we have to switch to plain water! He doesn't sleuth, but was convinced B12 was a set up from the beginning. We only watched the FRC for commercials for Dee's show. I am very excited for hers to begin- I still get choked up every time they show Brad and her at the FRC. But- I also think he made the right decision. I think this time a lot of the guys look a lot alike, and I am going to just watch the show...with a few peeks at the spoilers threads...

Trailblazers

I think you and hubby have the perfect way to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazers;3005904;
    I still get choked up every time they show Brad and her at the FRC. But- I also think he made the right decision. I think this time a lot of the guys look a lot alike, and I am going to just watch the show...with a few peeks at the spoilers threads...
    I still get teary whenever I see the clip from FRC of her and Brad.I didn't think he made the right decision at the time,but if he had chosen DeAnna than we wouldn't have her as the Bachlorette.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3004681;
    However, he aftermath of B10, B11, and B12 have exhausted and discouraged me. So many people with whom I loved sluething have done a disappearing act and the FORT has just changed a lot and it's just not the same atmosphere...
    this is my dilema, I have so enjoyed the spoiling and how everyone is able to process information, but the stuff that happened this past season has made me uncomfortable, I find it discouraging when the conversation comes down to whether someone is using their name, a name that is their right to use, for publicity, when someone's every move is questioned it is disheartening
    that is one reason I did not cap the preview, I just can't seem to work up any desire to participate

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3004681;
    Sleuthing (putting the pieces together) is one thing. Getting to know some of the participants is another rewarding. And digging into personal lives is another. I've done all three, and enjoyed all three in different degrees. What I have really liked is the discovery before the star is announced and the screencap analysis until favorites are chosen - about two weeks into the show. It is fun and exciting to beat the editors at their own game! And such fun to see how the show actually plays out different than you thought.

This is also what I love about sleuthing, Jelle. Everyone has their talents, and each uses that talent to fill in the pieces of the puzzle.

I am still a newbie, as this is only my third season posting. I am sorry that the atmosphere has changed and many of the respected FORTers have disappeared.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast