Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To sleuth or not to sleuth?

Re: To sleuth or not to sleuth?

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;2991490;
    After Matt's season it left me wondering. did sleuthing the show to threads (pun intended) make it better or worse? I watched the first half of the show without sleuthing and the second half with. I did enjoy the sleuthing greatly but i think it paled my show viewing.

So, for this season, I've decided to just watch and do a tiny bit of guessing

So folks, whats your opinon, to sleuth or not to sleuth?
    I was wondering that same exact thing last night. I even posted a journal-type entry in the Thoughts & Comments in General section. I'll repost it here since it is more fitting...

I have to admit that this season my perspective was quite jaded. I'm not sure if I want to sleuth as I watch DeAnna's season. Maybe I'll come back at the end and read through...that way I'd know the truth yet still enjoy the process without the extra info to cloud my perception. I really don't know what to do...

My friend came over tonight to watch the FRC. She liked Shayne and didn't like Chelsea...she was happy with the ending and thought they made a cute couple.

I, on the other hand, was pulling for Chelsea even though I knew Shayne was F1. I felt like I was forcing myself to see a "stronger" connection between Matt & Chelsea, so that I could prove to myself that B12 was authentic and not a farce. At the beginning of the season, I liked Shayne. Watching the FRC, I was somewhat jealous of my friend. I was sad that my view of Shayne had changed so much. Seeing my friend enjoy the show made me think, "You probably could have been enjoying this just as much had you not dug & dug & dug for info this season."

I am torn ...on one hand, I'd like to know the truth (info regarding Shayne's connections to Fleiss, etc.) yet on the other hand, I wish I could have enjoyed tonight for what it was (fake or not).

This season was the absolute worst ever IMO (that I have watched). I felt no serious connection and I just plain didn't buy it.

I'm contemplating not sleuthing for DeAnna's just so that I can enjoy whatever Fleiss wants to dish out. I'm so disappointed right now that I'd gladly take a fake happily ever over a burst bubble.

Please don't misintrpret this...I LOVE this website (& everyone involved...so many funny/smart/interesting people). This is a journal type entry more than anything...

I'm just so sad/disappointed about it all.
    Let's all dog on Jason... it's so hot right now.

Personally, I feel exhausted from Matt's season and would love to take a break. I may skip the rose ceremony (if there is one) and sleuth more casually. I think I would enjoy the show better seeing it from a nonsleuthing perspective.

Yes i feel the exact same Cantstop and Tazo!

It really is a thought to wonder whether to analyse so much, especially when i might be heading into a job with more responsibilities!

I said i wasnt going to sleuth and guess where i was last night? Yup...on the screencaps thread. I think it is fun to do, its a bit like the Mole the way we go about things (There has been a few English Mole series) and various murder mystery programs, you just want to be the detective.

However i have thought long and hard and decided to just see what happens, i may go on and off the sleuthing board. I thinks its just nice to relax and enjoy the show.

Bring on Dee, I saw a video of the premiere again, these guys are lucky chaps, she is very beautiful and seems to pack some personality.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fogey

Seasons of the Bachelor(ette) I have watched all the way through... Alex, Aaron, Trista, Andrew, Meredith, Jen and Travis. I also watched bits and pieces of a few others and downloaded Brad's season after I found out about Deanna.

The only two I was on here for (I'm not as new as I look....just lost the info to my old name) was Jen and Travis'. And even then I don't recalling knowing a lot about the contestants' background. Not nearly as much as this season, at least. It was more about figuring out who was in the caps.

I'm already kind of regretting knowing so much about some of the guys before the show has even started. But I don't think I could leave now!

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;2997801;
    Seasons of the Bachelor(ette) I have watched all the way through... Alex, Aaron, Trista, Andrew, Meredith, Jen and Travis. I also watched bits and pieces of a few others and downloaded Brad's season after I found out about Deanna.

The only two I was on here for (I'm not as new as I look....just lost the info to my old name) was Jen and Travis'. And even then I don't recalling knowing a lot about the contestants' background. Not nearly as much as this season, at least. It was more about figuring out who was in the caps.

I'm already kind of regretting knowing so much about some of the guys before the show has even started. But I don't think I could leave now!
    I agree with this last statement. I was sooo excited about DeAnna's season starting so soon after Matt's since I was thoroughly disappointed with The Shayne Show. But, after already figuring out who the F4 and perhaps F3...it doesn't leave much suspense. Also, it seems wrong to snoop into all these men's personal lives. But, it's like eating Pringles, once you sleuth, you just can't stop!
    "Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." ~ Jim = Dwight

FORT Regular

I'm torn- I like both the sluething, but would also like the suprises. W/O sleuthing at 1st- I made my 15 picks and surprising, I had 11 out of the 13 that you have already confirmed, so I didn't do that poorly on my own. If there is a RCG, then I will go for my perfect record and I'll have to sleuth!!!!

does anyone know when the RCG will be up and running?

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I am struggling with sluething this time around too... I generally LOVE the excitement of figuring out who is in screen caps, but with so few caps to look at there's just not much to look at. I REALLY love the joy of finding out who makes it through the first two rounds, but knowing already who is likely to be F3 has made it really UNFUN to slueth... Plus so many people I love sluething have done a disappearing act and the FORT has just changed a lot... I miss my friends and it's just not the same atmosphere...

I'm feeling less love on the board and just don't feel up to sluething...

I'm getting to the point where oversleuthing is diluting my interest in enjoying the show. I don't think that it's so much sc analysis of scenes from the show, but ALL the info that can be gleaned off MySpace, Facebook or just google in general. Yes, I know there were reports of Aaron's earlier engagement that went pffft. But how much info did we really have on the bachelors in Trista's season, background wise or Andrew's season, especially Kristin's boyfriend. ( whose existence was revealed on the show, not thru sleuthing, or am I experiencing a brain f*rt again. )

So maybe I won't even play the RCG this time around which may help wean me from my desire to pick the winners every week. I might change my mind....there are still several days to go.
    Last edited by psucashcow; 05-16-2008 at 07:10 AM. Reason: English messup
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fogey

I am not a sleuther but I have always read and kept abreast of the spoiling.

I loved this season and saw the love story unfold before my eyes. Reading the board did not enhance my viewing pleasure, it was just the opposite.

I have decided to just watch Deanna and skip the board altogether for The Bachelorette. I am looking forward to it.

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

I am actually intrigued by the sleuthing. Althought I have never really sleuthed here before, I am finding myself rather addicted to looking at everything and seeing everyones point of view what their take is on situations. I love it and don't think I could go back to "JUST" watching the show.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast