Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To sleuth or not to sleuth?

Re: To sleuth or not to sleuth?

Yes.. but like Cape, the limo part is the best. I like to sleuth down to the top 2/3 and then 2. And then... I don't really care to know. Bevin and Tessa blew my mind away that season. We were so split (kinda the same with sadie/jen/plo) and it was total war on these boards (in a good way) and the system went into overhaul because so many people were craving to know WHO was the F1.. now that was a good season!

I love sleuthing but not just for the sleuthing itself. I like doing it with my camrades here and getting to know everyone and having fun in the process. It become a little hobby and one I thoroughly enjoy.
    Cheers, Jammie

It is by doubting that we come to investigate, and by investigating that we recognize the truth. - Peter Abelard

Quote Originally Posted by Jammie;2992424;
    I love sleuthing but not just for the sleuthing itself. I like doing it with my camrades here and getting to know everyone and having fun in the process. It become a little hobby and one I thoroughly enjoy.
    I feel the same way and thanks so much for all the great SC you have supplied!

Ditto!

I don't does as much as I wish I could b/c of school,but I love it whenever I can actually participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;2993612;
    I don't does as much as I wish I could b/c of school,but I love it whenever I can actually participate.
    I know, I wish we could could sit at our computers all day and chat and sleuth!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;2991490;
    After Matt's season it left me wondering. did sleuthing the show to threads (pun intended) make it better or worse? I watched the first half of the show without sleuthing and the second half with. I did enjoy the sleuthing greatly but i think it paled my show viewing.

So, for this season, I've decided to just watch and do a tiny bit of guessing

So folks, whats your opinon, to sleuth or not to sleuth?
    That's a really interesting question. Like you, I debated taking a step back and not venturing into the Spoiler section for Deanna's season, but, ultimately I decided against it.

A pro (for me) with not knowing was that my percentage in choosing the winner was nearly flawless (drat Ian-lol!) and I found that I was actually able to watch the episodes and pay more attention to the tiny details when the Bachelor/ette met the bachelors/ettes for the first time. These last 2 seasons that I've been here on Fort, it seemed like that first episode was picked apart and I missed making my first impressions. I had to rewatch the episodes a couple of times to actually 'watch' them without trying to make mental notes or picking different scenes/PIs apart.

That being said-- I HAVE to know how it ends... or at least join in the camraderie as we try to figure it out. I choose a favorite (my own fault!) and need to see how far they go. This season (Deanna's) is actually the first time I've chosen a favorite (Jason) just based off of a picture before the Meet & Greet-- that could definitely be my downfall, but we'll see.

I just love everyone here-- we may have our disagreements on who we think will go the furthest and such, but that's part of the fun!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;2993794;
    I know, I wish we could could sit at our computers all day and chat and sleuth!
    That would be sooo much fun!

I starting watching the show with The Bachelor 8-Travis Stork. I posted on abc boards for Bachelor 9 and 10. I found my way to FORT and I lurked during the Andy/Tessa season and started posting at FORT with The Bachelor 11. With the other boards, there wasn't much sleuthing done. It was mostly posting of opinions, and a lot of them were not nice. I don't have the time I would like to sleuth, but I simply cannot live without knowing to the best of your capabilities (not mine) what will happen. Yes, I admit to the addiction. (I will also admit to peeking in my parents closet at my Christmas presents before they were wrapped.) So the answer is to sleuth. Here here!
    Last edited by beeleever; 05-14-2008 at 01:57 AM. Reason: to correct the spelling of a word

FORT Fan

I started lurking during B10, then posted a few posts for B11 at the finale, and have been enjoying the board regularly since. Stepping a bit more into the sleuthing this time around. I'm on summer vacation from law school, so it just fits perfectly into allowing my brain to over-analyze and research something while not having any pressure on getting it right.

The only trouble is when the WHOLE ending is known... for instance, I don't want to 100% clearly know from an SC who the F1 is long before the ceremony. (ahem B12 ahem) Think it was mentioned before, but that inkling of doubt and suspense is a lot of what the finale and show is about.

Otherwise, its just fun to watch, when you are sleuthing, how the pieces fall together and if they fit as you thought they might. And makes the show seem like its something a little better than just the average reality TV dating horror.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast