Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleiss Editing and Storyline-The Bachelorette

Fleiss Editing and Storyline-The Bachelorette

Here is our "editing in general/Fleiss storyline" thread for Dee's season.

I have a theory:

We all know Fleiss like to tell a story. I know a lot of us think Fleiss really manipulates who the F2 person is because the bachelor/bachelorette will probably know fairly early on who they are really falling for (if anyone) and Fleiss wants to tell his “story” for that season.

I never have, and never will, believe the line Fleiss makes them all say toward the end: "I'm falling in love with more than one person and I just don't know WHAT I'm going to do!!!" Yeah, right!

Some previous Fleiss storyline/edits to look out for this season:

Andrew Firestone’s season (good vs. evil story)
    Jen Schefft (good girl character) vs. Kirstin (mean girl character)

Trista’s season (stable, sweet vs. exciting charmer story)
    Ryan (sweet, quiet, stable) vs. Charlie (wild playboy charmer character)

I think Fleiss was at his tricky best on Trista's season because there were an awful lot of us totally convinced that Charlie was F1 and Ryan was going to get his heart stomped (Fleiss did a great job hiding their chemistry).

Meredith’s season (stable, sweet vs. exciting, but cold feet story)
    Matt (sweet, quiet, stable) vs. Ian (exciting, but cold feet)

In fact, Mere’s season finale recap title was: The Bachelorette Finale - "Jobless and Homeless" wins over "Safe and Secure"

Because of who the F2 person was in Andrew's and Trista's stories, there was no fan backlash for Andrew or Trista. But Meredith had tons of backlash from Matthew fans because of how horribly Fleiss made her lead (sweet stable) Matt on.

Even though Ian was never portrayed as a bad guy (like Kristin) and had just as many fans as Matt did, he was portrayed as less ready to settle down than Matt. Fleiss even made Mere tell Matt she would be “honored to accept a ring.” --which is what I think made her cry profusely on the balcony after he left—to have to lead him on so terribly would be very upsetting and she hinted at that during the ATFR show when Matt confronted her. Mere tried to tell him it was Fleiss "It was the SHOW." (her emphasis, while trying to explain to Matt why she led him on)

There's also the storyline of two people equally characterized at F2, no evil character or wild "character" vs. a quiet, stable "character" and both of the final two are just kind of normal like Byron's season with Mary and Tonya...

It will be interesting to watch as Dee's story unfolds this season:

Is Fleiss giving Dee another Trista-edit season, where she picks the sweet, stable, ready to settle down guy over the wild playboy type (maybe Jesse’s role this season)?

Will we see tons of “chemistry” between Dee and a “not so ready to settle down type” like Jesse, and Fleiss hiding a lot of (but not all of) the real chemistry with the sweet stable guy Dee knows she will pick like in Trista's season?

Because of the HWWNBN fiasco, my theory is that Fleiss may give Dee's season the Trista or Andrew season edit. I predict that Jesse, or someone like him in personality that we haven't "met yet," will go far and Fleiss will give us a taste of, but really hide, the chemistry between Dee and her final one.

Nail-biter finale, all fans happy at the end when she picks the sweet guy over the wild, cold feet, or evil guy...

Time will tell...
    Ain't Love Grand!

Re: Fleiss Editing and Storyline-The Bachelorette

WOW Marlap I think your post is very insightful and well thought out. Lets just hope you've got it right!
    A smile is a language that even a baby understands.
    Men who donít understand women fall into two groups: Bachelors and Husbands.

Marlap, I PRAY that you are right!!!
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

How about this scenario...for Jason...Sleepless in Seattle...widower with son.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2983973;
    Marlap, I PRAY that you are right!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by suza19;2983943;
    WOW Marlap I think your post is very insightful and well thought out. Lets just hope you've got it right!
    Suza and Estella, I really hope so too!

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2984078;
    Oh, I love it! That would be perfect.

I really do think Fleiss will give us an edit tht doesn't risk any backlash after Matt's season. As long as DeAnna is really falling for one guy (and we've heard she's in love ), she may be more willing behind the scenes to bring along who Fleiss tells her to for the story he wants to tell.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2984078;
    I like it but, if either Jeremy or Graham do not make FR then I would rather see one of them go up as next B. Especially Jeremy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2984236;
    I like it but, if either Jeremy or Graham do not make FR then I would rather see one of them go up as next B. Especially Jeremy!!
    Me too, I would love that. I don't think Fleiss has ever made a rejected bachelor from the bachelorette the next The Bachelor.

I think it's time he did. It really sounds like we'll have several fantastic, sweet guys this season, so maybe one of the ones not picked will be the next bachelor!
    Ain't Love Grand!

Marlap, thank you so much for this post! Not knowing the previous seasons makes it more confusing for someone like me. This really helps. I would love for Fleiss to show a season where DeAnna makes good choices and successfully finds her soulmate.
    It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons- Johann Schiller ~and daughters.

I think this season Fleiss will be mixing it up as much as possible in terms of editing. I don't know if they are playing with us the way a cat plays with his mouse (sort of slow torture) or if they are just giving it a new look. I don't think we much cared for the editing Matt's season so I am hoping they will give some careful thought to it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2984244;
    Me too, I would love that. I don't think Fleiss has ever made a rejected bachelor from the bachelorette the next The Bachelor.

I think it's time he did. It really sounds like we'll have several fantastic, sweet guys this season, so maybe one of the ones not picked will be the next bachelor!
    Bob Guinney

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast