Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fred **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: Fred **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by twilley;3025588;
    Fred is the man! And he does an awesome impersonation of Chris Harrison. This guy was constantly coming up with different betting lines for us. We had odds on the push contest.. who would win.. and by how many.

Great guy!!
    We are constantly amazed (drink!) at how much we don't see. Last season the F3 was this absolutely gorgeous, fun-loving and sweet-spirited woman that the Bachelor said in giving the FIR to if he could draw a picture of the ideal woman it would be her; yet, we hardly got to see anything of her.

I am sure that Fred is a great guy, and we would love him too if we got to see much of him. The consolation that Fred can take is that at least if he isn't being shown, he isn't being shown negatively, i.e, Chris. I don't know what he did to deserve the hatchet job from Fleiss, but boy did he get it - that on the spot question from Jenni about cheating ( didn't hear everybody else's answers) and then the fixation on his rendition of the National Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by twilley;3025588;
    Fred is the man! And he does an awesome impersonation of Chris Harrison. This guy was constantly coming up with different betting lines for us. We had odds on the push contest.. who would win.. and by how many.

Great guy!!
    Love the new avatar- what a cutie!
    Thanks for sharing that about Fred. We have seen so little of him, it makes it hard to root for him. If he stays invisible long enough we just start waiting for it to be his turn to leave.

I dont get it...... we have seen nothing of Fred(on screen), so that means he is our "hidden guy"(Mystery man) and as DeDe calls him... "her funny man". Why pre-tell? What have I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy4jet;3027532;
    I dont get it...... we have seen nothing of Fred(on screen), so that means he is our "hidden guy"(Mystery man) and as DeDe calls him... "her funny man". Why pre-tell? What have I missed?
    You haven't missed anything; there has not been anything shown to us. He could be like Nicole, just waiting for her time to go. Fred just may have lucked out in that there has always been someone else Dee was certain she did not want to continue with. He is the default last guy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3029073;
    You haven't missed anything; there has not been anything shown to us. He could be like Nicole, just waiting for her time to go. Fred just may have lucked out in that there has always been someone else Dee was certain she did not want to continue with. He is the default last guy.
    If so, maybe he can chalk it up to having a great experience and gaining some wonderful life-long buddies.

I also think he is the default guy, though I do wish we could see some more of him. He is a numbers man - how hot is that? A calculating brain along with chipmunk cheeks can't be beat. *sigh*

And he does impressions of My Chris? Wow! Don't let this man go without a fight, DeAnna. Oh, well, that is not how it worked out, but it would be hysterical to see him standing in for Chris at one of the ceremonies.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3031112;
    I also think he is the default guy, though I do wish we could see some more of him. He is a numbers man - how hot is that? A calculating brain along with chipmunk cheeks can't be beat. *sigh*

And he does impressions of My Chris? Wow! Don't let this man go without a fight, DeAnna. Oh, well, that is not how it worked out, but it would be hysterical to see him standing in for Chris at one of the ceremonies.
    You are so funny and this is so true! I enjoy him a lot and to me it is very believable that Ellen would give him the rose, especially if he does the Chris impressions.

FORT Fogey

For all her talk about "not doing the same thing Brad did" or "make the same mistake she/I made with Brad," it looks to me like she's using exactly the same principle Brad claims to have used. She's basing everything on whether she feels "chemistry"/lust, and if she doesn't feel it *yet* she dumps guys, no matter how great they are.

I understand that, in this very short time frame, you probably don't have a lot of alternative but to do that -- I mean, at the end, you have to have *something* to base a continuing relationship on, and in this situation you may not have the time or head space to find something else significant. But it's probably time for her to give up saying she won't go Brad's way, because I see her repeatedly now saying to guys -- You're just absolutely the greatest guy, just what I/every women wants; but, buh-bye. That's pretty much what he did, seems to me. Repeatedly praising the *qualities* of the long lasters but then saying that he couldn't to on with them because he didn't feel enough excitement/lust/sparks.

And, meanwhile, DeAnna's's holding on to Graham, for example, based on excitement/lust/sparks, even though she seems to find red flag after red flag in his behavior that suggest he isn't what she's looking for.

Now, I admit that I don't really see that you have much alternative on this show. Nevertheless, it seems to me to make it pretty plain that the setup really gives you no opportunity to let actual *love* happen, for the most part, no matter how seriously you try to take it.

Wow, I came here to note that I finally figured out who Fred reminds me of (DH, an attorney with the same sense of humor but very different looks, which is why it took me a while to get it), and then I saw this great post:

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;3048011;
    For all her talk about "not doing the same thing Brad did" or "make the same mistake she/I made with Brad," it looks to me like she's using exactly the same principle Brad claims to have used. She's basing everything on whether she feels "chemistry"/lust, and if she doesn't feel it *yet* she dumps guys, no matter how great they are.

I understand that, in this very short time frame, you probably don't have a lot of alternative but to do that -- I mean, at the end, you have to have *something* to base a continuing relationship on, and in this situation you may not have the time or head space to find something else significant. But it's probably time for her to give up saying she won't go Brad's way, because I see her repeatedly now saying to guys -- You're just absolutely the greatest guy, just what I/every women wants; but, buh-bye. That's pretty much what he did, seems to me. Repeatedly praising the *qualities* of the long lasters but then saying that he couldn't to on with them because he didn't feel enough excitement/lust/sparks.

And, meanwhile, DeAnna's's holding on to Graham, for example, based on excitement/lust/sparks, even though she seems to find red flag after red flag in his behavior that suggest he isn't what she's looking for.

Now, I admit that I don't really see that you have much alternative on this show. Nevertheless, it seems to me to make it pretty plain that the setup really gives you no opportunity to let actual *love* happen, for the most part, no matter how seriously you try to take it.
    So true, every word of it. Fred, for example, is a real find. But getting to know him would take Deanna more time than she had, so she dumps him for her mega-flawed lust-buddy, Graham. But who would be the better guy in the long term? No doubt in my mind that had she had an entire summer to date Fred, she'd fall for him.

My doubt actually comes from whether Dee is right for Fred, not the other way around as the show depicts. I don't see her as a match in terms of humor, and I still don't have a good read on how smart she is. I think he deserves someone closer to his own personality in those regards.
    Bring on The Mole!

Incurable Romantic

Is Fred really not an attorney? This was posted on the alphabet board:

"I went to law school with Fred. His last name is Greif. Don't think he is practicing law. I heard he is a gym teacher. Guess lawyer sounds better. He was a really nice and dated a really ugly girl. "

If this is true, why does ABC think they need to lie about what these guys are CURRENTLY doing for a living.

Graham hasn't played professional baskeball in how many years?

Ryan also isn't a professional football player right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast