Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan **SPOILERS**

Re: Ryan **SPOILERS**

Ryan is in my personal top five with Graham, Jeremy, Richard and Jason. And if you're a girl who is looking to settle down why wouldn't you consider someone who takes relationships this seriously?

Incurable Romantic

I read a post on the ABC site that says right now Ryan is a long term substitute teacher at the poster's school. Makes sense since he is no longer in the NFL.

As for the virgin aspect, there is NOTHING wrong with him having strong religious convictions and sticking to them. By reports from those that know him, it doesn't mean he's gay..quite the opposite, they say he hits on girls all the time...and enjoys the ladies. He just has better self control than most men, I'm sure he fools around, he just doesn't have intercourse.

After seeing the previews - the 'always smiling' guy seems to have another side of himself - wonder why he gets bleeped?? He is not coming across as that sweet guy anymore at all.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3012732;
    After seeing the previews - the 'always smiling' guy seems to have another side of himself - wonder why he gets bleeped?? He is not coming across as that sweet guy anymore at all.
    It's probably one of those push-someone-until-they-break scenarios. (Seemed like Marshana got that card.) For whatever reason, I think Ryan seems like a nice guy. I'm sure TPTB worked their magic to get him upset or lose his nerve...which is greatly criticized especially when someone is Christian. Some Christians are definitely hypocritical...I just wouldn't put it past the crew to try to catalyze a negative situation.

Also, reading some of Bevin's behind the scenes perspective blogs during B11 shed some light on the mind games that the set psychologists like to play.
    Last edited by TazoChai; 05-21-2008 at 03:22 AM.
    Let's all dog on Jason... it's so hot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TazoChai;3012885;
    Also, reading some of Bevin's behind the scenes perspective blogs during B11 shed some light on the mind games that the set psychologists like to play.
    Interesting, where can i found those? I read about that season only recently.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TazoChai;3012885;
    It's probably one of those push-someone-until-they-break scenarios. (Seemed like Marshana got that card.) For whatever reason, I think Ryan seems like a nice guy. I'm sure TPTB worked their magic to get him upset or lose his nerve...which is greatly criticized especially when someone is Christian. Some Christians are definitely hypocritical...I just wouldn't put it past the crew to try to catalyze a negative situation.

Yes, would you mind either posting or PM'ing the link?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NoLongerALurker;3014532;
    Yes, would you mind either posting or PM'ing the link?
    Thanks
    Bevin posted blogs on myspace after every episode of B11. She related watching the show to her experience, etc. It was pretty eye-opening as to how the show is really run. Here are a few excerpts that I thought were telling...

Episode 2:
    "...I began to watch season11 episode 2 but all the while it reminds me of my first group date and the first kiss I shared with Andy underwater. I remember the excitement and the interviews called ITMs (in the moment). Man was I a sucker for suggestion and these women are too.

I watched as Brad took the women to the race track. Some of the women stated that Brad decided who got to go on the dates; I can already see these women still are in the "honeymoon" stage with the producers. Believing all that they are told just as I did. (You want to trust that the producers have integrity and are your friends) Brad does not decide who goes on the dates, the producers do. I noticed in much of the ITM's, the women are concerned with having one on one time with Brad. This is a common theme in ITM's. The person interviewing you will ask questions that make you feel vulnerable and desperate for time no matter if you received the most time with the bachelor or not. It was clear that was the case for DeAnna. She got the rose but still mentioned that she felt pressure to spend more time with him. I felt the exact same way no matter how much time I had with Andy, it's a constant mind game used to make you think you need to be more aggressive.
    As we approach the 2nd rose ceremony my heart aches for Bettina and the role of the "divorcee" she has been cast to play. I was pushed during every rose ceremony to tell Andy I was divorced. In a normal relationship you develop a friendship and safeness with your partner before you delve into such serious conversation. When you only spend a maximum of 10 minutes alone on the dates with the bachelor it's hard to feel safe enough to share such complicated piece of yourself.

If I had my way I would never have told Andy about my divorce. It is something I would have shared with him afterward or off camera.
    You have to be yourself however when you have a number of cameras filming you and a microphone on it's not easy to relax. These women are like watching myself before I learned the ways of the show. I don't feel hardened but I feel disillusioned. "
    Last edited by TazoChai; 05-21-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;3014043;
    Interesting, where can i found those? I read about that season only recently.
    Episode 3:
    "...It is a total turn off to see the woman explain to Brad how much they want to be there and how much they want to fall in love. I'm sure I did it to. Let's just say- a little birdie tells you to and you have to or you "might" just leave the show. But it's disgusting. Here are these beautiful women feeding this ego, stoking it and stroking it. It's no wonder why these relationships don't work."

Episode 4:

"...Kristy did say one thing that resonated with me. She expressed that she felt "panicked" because she knows there is limited time to show who you really are. I felt this exact "panic" on my Tahoe date. It's very hard to accept that one off date….off minute…… off second can be reason enough for a rose not to be extended and therefore your chance has expired.

This reality is constantly at the forefront of your mind and is reinforced by little birdies who keep reminding you to vocally diarrhea everything you are feeling since it could be your last chance to say it.
    "

I take back all the understanding comments that I made about this guy... I thought it was bad editing but I don't think Ryan gave TPTB anything good to edit with! Hopefully he'll be able to watch the show, self-reflect and grow as an individual.

FORT Fogey

When someone lists faith above family the odds of a relationship working is slim. Spiritual beliefs as an underpinning and compass to support your journey makes sense, to me. Not an item to put on a list.

Anyway, neither here nor there, this guy gave me the creeps, big time. I would think that a virgin would want to marry a virgin. Not sure he is looking in the right places.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast