Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan **SPOILERS**

Re: Ryan **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2989788;
    A 28 year old virgin irrelevant not-quite-NFL-football-player. Thank you Fleiss!
    Hahah!!! Your signature is hilarious...never noticed that before...

And good post too. Fleiss probably wet himself (with excitement) when he read Ryan's bio.
    Let's all dog on Jason... it's so hot right now.

FORT Regular

They were just talking about Ryan Hoag on my local TV station this morning in the gossip section. I guess he tries out for professional football teams, all the sports guys in town love him, and he is a virgin. The gossip lady on the show said she hopes that Deanna treats him right because he is truly a nice guy. They said something about being a great salesman....don't know if that is what they think he should do or what he does.

Minnesota Vikings owned by a guy from the east coast so I am sure they have offices out there too.

FORT Regular

Sorry to follow myself but meant to add....his picture on TV was ten times better than the bachelor picture at the top of this thread.

RealityMary -- can you post the link? If not, you can PM me and I'm able to post.

This guy is so gorgeous, and if he truly is a virgin at 28, he must either be very religious (red light), playing for the other team and I don't mean football (hope not if he's on this show), or be wearing an chastity belt made for men to help him fend off all the overtures by aggressive females (why?), or he has mommy issues (another red light), or he actually has a yearning to be a priest (doubtful but you never know). And, if he is a virgin, why-oh-why would he tell the producers of this show and advertise it so blatently. As soon as Deanna finds out, she'll probably dump him. My guess is that he is very very religious and has taken an oath of celebacy until marriage. That is the usual reason for extremely handsome men waiting so long.

Teaching and Learning :) heatheshells10's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aname;3000096;
    This guy is so gorgeous, and if he truly is a virgin at 28, he must either be very religious (red light), playing for the other team and I don't mean football (hope not if he's on this show), or be wearing an chastity belt made for men to help him fend off all the overtures by aggressive females (why?), or he has mommy issues (another red light), or he actually has a yearning to be a priest (doubtful but you never know). And, if he is a virgin, why-oh-why would he tell the producers of this show and advertise it so blatently. As soon as Deanna finds out, she'll probably dump him. My guess is that he is very very religious and has taken an oath of celebacy until marriage. That is the usual reason for extremely handsome men waiting so long.
    Yeah, any of these reasons are plausible; however, I don't necessarily think it's a red light. People have their reasons for doing things, and even if I do not feel the same as they do, it doesn't mean they are weird for thinking what they think. I'm not trying to imply that you were accusing him of being weird. I quoted your post to answer to the bolded part. I highly doubt Ryan was just going around promoting the information. There is a lot of screening that is involved when the candidates apply or are sought out. They have to do all types of tests, and I am sure questions about the amount of sexual experiences are asked. Fleiss loves to exploit the virgins.
    "I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams." -Alex and Emma

Is it just me or did the preview edit make him see to be a little agressive?

Playing on the NFL thing more than the faith/virginity thing
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by heatheshells10;3000198;
    Yeah, any of these reasons are plausible; however, I don't necessarily think it's a red light. People have their reasons for doing things, and even if I do not feel the same as they do, it doesn't mean they are weird for thinking what they think. I'm not trying to imply that you were accusing him of being weird. I quoted your post to answer to the bolded part. I highly doubt Ryan was just going around promoting the information. There is a lot of screening that is involved when the candidates apply or are sought out. They have to do all types of tests, and I am sure questions about the amount of sexual experiences are asked. Fleiss loves to exploit the virgins.
    He seemed really sweet. I thought it showed a good side of DeAnna that she wasn't phased by him not giving her his jacket...she knows what it's like to be one of 25 potentials. I thought that showed a really compassionate and understanding side of her. Those qualities/moments usually get edited out...hard to see someone's true colors portrayed.

Ryan seemed genuinely interested in her and their conversation. I also thought it showed good character that he apologized to her for not giving her his jacket...most men would have been mad at Spero and not apologized. I was impressed by his humility.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;3010968;
    Is it just me or did the preview edit make him see to be a little agressive?

Playing on the NFL thing more than the faith/virginity thing
    Or trying to discredit his his faith/virginity thing... that's how I interpreted it.

Quote Originally Posted by TazoChai;3011002;
    He seemed really sweet. I thought it showed a good side of DeAnna that she wasn't phased by him not giving her his jacket...she knows what it's like to be one of 25 potentials. I thought that showed a really compassionate and understanding side of her. Those qualities/moments usually get edited out...hard to see someone's true colors portrayed.

Ryan seemed genuinely interested in her and their conversation. I also thought it showed good character that he apologized to her for not giving her his jacket...most men would have been mad at Spero and not apologized. I was impressed by his humility.
    I agree w/that as well. I think DeAnna is going to approach this season w/a lot of understanding and compassion. With the season previews, it shows DeAnna getting emotional when letting some of the guys go. She knows exactly what the guys are going through and that is why I have personally liked having previous contestants on the show as The Bachelor or Bachelorette. I think sometimes you have to learn to take it before you can dish it out. I am glad she is giving Ryan a chance, but I think he will last only another RC or two.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast