Page 105 of 130 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1291

Thread: Jesse **SPOILERS**

Re: Jesse **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3049509;
    Here's the thing too about Jesse- it's not only whether De likes him but in no way do I believe that Jesse would ever be interested in a woman like Deanna. They seem like completely incompatible personalities as well as possess completely incompatible lifestyles. I just don't buy that she is the type of woman he would date beyond potentially thinking she is pretty enough to hook up with.

He also is lying through his teeth. Nothing he says sounds genuine to me. If he had said to her that he was not only a pro snowboarder but also an instructor and he is pretty committed to being in Breck but would maybe consider life somewhere else, I may have believed him but his enthusiastic I want to move to GA and be a stay at home dad line sounded incredibly ridiculous (I can't believe Deanna didn't press the issue) that I haven't believed a word he has said since, especially the line about why he broke up with his girlfriend. It sounded stupid. Last night he was doing some weird smooth operator thing that really sounded fake to me.

He seems like an okay guy (if one can discount immaturity, lying and shady behavior) but he is so very much a 25 year old male (which I am a 28 year old female so it's not that I am insulting his youth). Generally they are not ready for marriage. He is even less so than the average.
    Thanks for posting appiah. You've confirmed things I've already said.
    I'm not usually an "I told you so" person, but from 10+ years in network sports TV, I can sniff out an ingenuous pro athlete in minutes. When I was posting similar thoughts in the earlier pages of the Jesse thread, I was getting verbally beat up, so I stopped.

Don't get me wrong, I've worked with wonderful pro & Olympic athletes with great hearts who are people I'd pick to be on a deserted island with me (... though I'm not sure if they'd want to be on a deserted island, but I digress).

I'm not saying Jesse is horrible -- everything points to him being a fun guy who makes friends easily. He just didn't go on the show for DeAnna. He went on the The Bachelorette to expand his OWN money-making opportunities.
    Last edited by hotlanta babe; 06-11-2008 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    So Deanna finds out that Jesse is not onboard for her during her hometown date. She knows before it is too late and chooses Jason. No problem. Often the final dates are the deciding factor in the choice with most of them. And how perfect for her. She will not break any hearts.
    Can you comment on what you meant?

I get the part about finding Jesse not on board (although, if she looked hard enough she might find a fascinating guy) but why will she not break any hearts?

Why might Jason's heart not be broken? Are you saying neither is likely to be disappointed with being eliminated? I hope that is true, because I think they are all going to be eliminated, just not on tv.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3049509;
    Here's the thing too about Jesse- it's not only whether De likes him but in no way do I believe that Jesse would ever be interested in a woman like Deanna. They seem like completely incompatible personalities as well as possess completely incompatible lifestyles. I just don't buy that she is the type of woman he would date beyond potentially thinking she is pretty enough to hook up with.

He also is lying through his teeth. Nothing he says sounds genuine to me. If he had said to her that he was not only a pro snowboarder but also an instructor and he is pretty committed to being in Breck but would maybe consider life somewhere else, I may have believed him but his enthusiastic I want to move to GA and be a stay at home dad line sounded incredibly ridiculous (I can't believe Deanna didn't press the issue) that I haven't believed a word he has said since, especially the line about why he broke up with his girlfriend. It sounded stupid. Last night he was doing some weird smooth operator thing that really sounded fake to me.

He seems like an okay guy (if one can discount immaturity, lying and shady behavior) but he is so very much a 25 year old male (which I am a 28 year old female so it's not that I am insulting his youth). Generally they are not ready for marriage. He is even less so than the average.
    i totally agree with you and did see her when she walk out the door
    she should have been looking forward to the date, i am just not getting
    the jessie vibe. if i had not read the fort and just watch the date i saw
    even less chemistry between jessie and de than richard and that is
    saying allot. sorry this is just mho

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3050078;
    Can you comment on what you meant?

I get the part about finding Jesse not on board (although, if she looked hard enough she might find a fascinating guy) but why will she not break any hearts?

Why might Jason's heart not be broken? Are you saying neither is likely to be disappointed with being eliminated? I hope that is true, because I think they are all going to be eliminated, just not on tv.
    I was commenting on the theory that Jesse is an F2 set up in some way or that he was there for other reasons and not into Deanna. Either one. I don't know nor do I have an opinion on this. Just meant that if that is true then Jesse will not be hurt when she chooses Jason. Deanna has repeatedly said she would not lead anyone on. I think that goal is impossible with this format but, hey, she keeps saying it.

I don't sense any chemistry between Deanna and Jesse but who knows. The editing has hidden chemistry many times before. I don't feel it with Jason either but I am just not into this season much.

I don't understand the outrage about Jesse. People are questioning his real motives for being on the show. Who cares? It's a Reality Show. Even if Jesse (and most of the guys) went on the show for different reasons than finding love, who's to say his feelings for DeAnna didn't evolve?

DeAanna stated she's a pretty good judge of character and Jesse reaches F2 (at least . He seems like a good guy in a RealityTV He has a great personality. Not to mention that DeAnna is at her best around him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3050165;
    I don't understand the outrage about Jesse. People are questioning his real motives for being on the show. Who cares? It's a Reality Show. Even if Jesse (and most of the guys) went on the show for different reasons than finding love, who's to say his feelings for DeAnna didn't evolve?

DeAanna stated she's a pretty good judge of character and Jesse reaches F2 (at least . He seems like a good guy in a RealityTV He has a great personality. Not to mention that DeAnna is at her best around him.

Well, I say his feelings probably didn't evolve because when I heard him say all the right things about how excited over DeAnna he was this week his tone of voice sounded so flat and emotionless to me that I didn't believe a word he was saying! .... That's just what I heard, of course; others may have heard something different. But I agree with you that that doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy. To me, it just makes him a guy who's thinking of reality tv as a *game* -- which it mainly is -- and is playing the game that he signed on to play. After all, they don't want anybody on the show who says, "eh, I'm not really into DeAnna," which I would bet is Jesse's real feeling, given the tone of voice I heard on the one-on-one date night!

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;3050177;
    Well, I say his feelings probably didn't evolve because when I heard him say all the right things about how excited over DeAnna he was this week his tone of voice sounded so flat and emotionless to me that I didn't believe a word he was saying! .... That's just what I heard, of course; others may have heard something different. But I agree with you that that doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy. To me, it just makes him a guy who's thinking of reality tv as a *game* -- which it mainly is -- and is playing the game that he signed on to play. After all, they don't want anybody on the show who says, "eh, I'm not really into DeAnna," which I would bet is Jesse's real feeling, given the tone of voice I heard on the one-on-one date night!
    DeAnna's got a problem. 2 things have to happen for her to find *the* guy. She needs to be into the guy and the guy needs to be into her. Who is he going to be? Nobody. I see Jesse as the safe choice to be F1.
    Last edited by soccermama; 06-11-2008 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Request of OP

For the record, Megan is NOT loveinallangles. Good try, though.
    Cheers, Jammie

It is by doubting that we come to investigate, and by investigating that we recognize the truth. - Peter Abelard

Even if Jesse (and most of the guys) went on the show for different reasons than finding love, who's to say his feelings for DeAnna didn't evolve?
    You are right. They may well have evolved while in the bubble of the show. But there are different levels of heartbreak. Considering that I dont think either of them would seriously wish to date the other in real life, I'd be willing to bet that his disappointment lasted a maximum of 36 hours post FRC. I think DeAnna realized this. That is far different than the sadness of someone who really, deeply fell for someone and was heartbroken for weeks or months, such as Moana.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3050186;
    DeAnna's got a problem. 2 things have to happen for her to find *the* guy. She needs to be into the guy and the guy needs to be into her. Who is he going to be? Nobody. I see Jesse as the safe choice to be F1.
    Exactly. I agree that it could definitely work out that way. That would be a better ending for her than that Brad thing, I think. As long as both people feel kind of casual about it, then they're not going to get particularly hurt. The sad endings are the ones where one person really feels something and the other not so much. As long as both are just "let's see where this goes" casual about it, then fine.