Page 104 of 130 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1291

Thread: Jesse **SPOILERS**

Re: Jesse **SPOILERS**

Thanks Bloomers. I understand what some of the viewers are going through. Truly. I was Jesse's biggest fan and supporter two weeks ago and would REEM people out if I heard things being posted that I didn't like. But something kept pecking the back of my head and I had to investigate further. Then I met Megan.

That's all I am going to say because I won't say another negative thing about Jesse. Life is not easy and hard lessons are unfortunately the rule of thumb in your 20s. We are all subject to the human condition.
    Cheers, Jammie

It is by doubting that we come to investigate, and by investigating that we recognize the truth. - Peter Abelard

FORT Regular

I just want to say that I think it is very coincidental that Zero gloves is now selling shirts, the very same shirts that Jesse went on there to promote. Someone sure is making it big over this whole "GF debacle".

And Team Hippie Sister shirts? LOLZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3049033;
    I have heard the story from people other than Megan and her myspace page and comments to and from her friends tell the story in real time....

but let's put the girlfriend aside...do you really see compatibility with these two?
    As friends with no benefits, yes. (-: I see no chemistry, zip, zero. I am not trying to bash Jesse, but he and De just seem to be holding pieces from different puzzles...

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3049033;
    but let's put the girlfriend aside...do you really see compatibility with these two?
    No! Absolutely not! Whatever it is, they ain't got it.

Jesse is shaping up to be the poster boy for the "brought along because I knew s/he could handle the rejection" F2. I mean, really. Friends? Yeah. Nothing more. He's along for the ride.
    Bring on The Mole!

FORT Fanatic

Here's the thing too about Jesse- it's not only whether De likes him but in no way do I believe that Jesse would ever be interested in a woman like Deanna. They seem like completely incompatible personalities as well as possess completely incompatible lifestyles. I just don't buy that she is the type of woman he would date beyond potentially thinking she is pretty enough to hook up with.

He also is lying through his teeth. Nothing he says sounds genuine to me. If he had said to her that he was not only a pro snowboarder but also an instructor and he is pretty committed to being in Breck but would maybe consider life somewhere else, I may have believed him but his enthusiastic I want to move to GA and be a stay at home dad line sounded incredibly ridiculous (I can't believe Deanna didn't press the issue) that I haven't believed a word he has said since, especially the line about why he broke up with his girlfriend. It sounded stupid. Last night he was doing some weird smooth operator thing that really sounded fake to me.

He seems like an okay guy (if one can discount immaturity, lying and shady behavior) but he is so very much a 25 year old male (which I am a 28 year old female so it's not that I am insulting his youth). Generally they are not ready for marriage. He is even less so than the average.

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3049509;
    Here's the thing too about Jesse- it's not only whether De likes him but in no way do I believe that Jesse would ever be interested in a woman like Deanna. They seem like completely incompatible personalities as well as possess completely incompatible lifestyles. I just don't buy that she is the type of woman he would date beyond potentially thinking she is pretty enough to hook up with.

He also is lying through his teeth. Nothing he says sounds genuine to me. If he had said to her that he was not only a pro snowboarder but also an instructor and he is pretty committed to being in Breck but would maybe consider life somewhere else, I may have believed him but his enthusiastic I want to move to GA and be a stay at home dad line sounded incredibly ridiculous (I can't believe Deanna didn't press the issue) that I haven't believed a word he has said since, especially the line about why he broke up with his girlfriend. It sounded stupid. Last night he was doing some weird smooth operator thing that really sounded fake to me.

He seems like an okay guy (if one can discount immaturity, lying and shady behavior) but he is so very much a 25 year old male (which I am a 28 year old female so it's not that I am insulting his youth). Generally they are not ready for marriage. He is even less so than the average.
    ita. . . Jesse is young and this is an adventure for him, that's all. . .

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;3043954;
    Something like that. Keep in mind god has a plan for everyone and if Jeremy was not to be the one, I am glad that he is gone.
    Wow - I thought that De found out about Jesse on his HTD not hers, so now it looks like there isn't much chance of Jeremy making it past F3. But I love your thoughts on it all, bugsme - there's a plan for everyone and sometimes its not our own!

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3049509;

Add me to the list of people just dumbfounded with the whole Jesse thing. He actually superficially gives off this authentic vibe which I think is his appeal (for DeAnna) but, imo also, one of the reasons he can have that attitude is b/c he couldn't care less. I think many of the other guys are nervous around DeAnna b/c they actually care about her/having a chance with her, etc. while I just feel Jesse is having a good time and kicking back.

It makes him stand out from the other guys and puts a very different spin on their interactions but it weirdly gives the impression that he is sincere when my gut feeling also is that he is anything but. Anything but ready to settle down, grow up, take anything genuinely seriously, etc., which makes him insincere for the 'ideal' purpose of the show.

They are just wildly incompatible in virtually every possible way. Most importantly, she seems genuinely serious about settling down and he is an Xtreme sports competitor that flies by the seat of his pants. Xtreme sports is a lifestyle and state of mind that is deeply averse to traditional responsibility. Some day he may grow up but not any time soon.

To me he's like the guy you talk to at 2am in a bar and he seems so cool--and refreshing--and then you meet him for lunch the next week and think wtf was I thinking? and make an excuse to leave. Why DeAnna hasn't done that yet just floors me. And the fact that he makes it to F2? To me that says F1 was a total lock and there wasn't even a F2 so lets bring 'Weekend at Bernies' guy along for the ride.
    Last edited by chrisg; 06-11-2008 at 12:31 AM.

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3049946;
    Add me to the list of people just dumbfounded with the whole Jesse thing. He actually superficially gives off this authentic vibe which I think is his appeal (for DeAnna) but, imo also, one of the reasons he can have that attitude is b/c he couldn't care less. I think many of the other guys are nervous around DeAnna b/c they actually care about her/having a chance with her, etc. while I just feel Jesse is having a good time and kicking back.

It makes him stand out from the other guys and puts a very different spin on their interactions but it weirdly gives the impression that he is sincere when my gut feeling also is that he is anything but. Anything but ready to settle down, grow up, take anything genuinely seriously, etc., which makes him insincere for the 'ideal' purpose of the show.

They are just wildly incompatible in virtually every possible way. Most importantly, she seems genuinely serious about settling down and he is an Xtreme sports competitor that flies by the seat of his pants. Xtreme sports is a lifestyle and state of mind that is deeply averse to traditional responsibility. Some day he may grow up but not any time soon.

To me he's like the guy you talk to at 2am in a bar and he seems so cool--and refreshing--and then you meet him for lunch the next week and think wtf was I thinking? and make an excuse to leave. Why DeAnna hasn't done that yet just floors me. And the fact that he makes it to F2? To me that says F1 was a total lock and there wasn't even a F2 so lets bring 'Weekend at Bernies' guy along for the ride.
    Wow way to put the "snowboarder" in a box. My son is a competitive snowboard racer and therefore I get to hang with many of these great guys. They are hard working, athletic people. Just because they do tricks does not make them Xtreme sports people who are adverse to the traditional lifestyle. My son will be in college next fall. My son does the same circut, USASA, (different events) Jesse was on a year ago - they are full compassion for each rider, yet competative. Please don't put everyone who does this sport in the same box. I think Jesse looks like a hard working young man who is trying to have a good time on the show just like all the others.
    Faith grows from little seeds of Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by UOrealityfan;3049990;
    Wow way to put the "snowboarder" in a box. My son is a competitive snowboard racer and therefore I get to hang with many of these great guys. They are hard working, athletic people. Just because they do tricks does not make them Xtreme sports people who are adverse to the traditional lifestyle. My son will be in college next fall. My son does the same circut, USASA, (different events) Jesse was on a year ago - they are full compassion for each rider, yet competative. Please don't put everyone who does this sport in the same box. I think Jesse looks like a hard working young man who is trying to have a good time on the show just like all the others.
    I am a Yale Graduate and have two friends from school that do Xtreme sports. So a certain level of worldly success and Xtreme sports are not--in my mind--mutually exclusive. From hanging out with them, however, I haven't seen a group of people that are looking to enter the corporate world or engage in diaper duty any time soon. This is not putting them in a forever box and saying they never will do so--just not any time soon. And this is my opinion from my experience.