Page 52 of 453 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason **SPOILERS**

Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

It was determined earlier in this thread that Jason is divorced. I know a fair number of divorced people, and only one left the marriage with anything less than deep regret and agony. So the only thing I will assume about Jason in that regard is that he has experienced heartache. And I assume that the aunt is filling in for Jason's part of the custody arrangement. If it's shared custody, the mom probably has a job or some activity like advanced schooling that makes it more reasonable for her to have less-than-full-time custody even when Jason is away. Anyway, he's bright and seems honorable, and I'm sure the arrangements existed the way they did for a good reason that is not any business of mine.

Whew! Having said all that, I like him so far and I will be quite pleased if Dee ends up with him.
    Bring on The Mole!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2992087;
    girlsmom you raise the same point that Arielflies did earlier. I imagine he was prompted to do it because he had seen DeAnna on the Bachelor or in some interview and was captivated by her. In other words, perhaps he didnt choose to do the Bachelorette as much as he chose DeAnna.

Could he have contacted her somehow outside of the show? Yes, but she may have already been announced as Bachelorette by the time he "discovered" her. It will be interesting to see what his reasoning is. It's not something that I would recommend to anyone with kids to do, that's for sure.

The romantic in me would LOVE if Jason genuinely was capitvated by Deanna and not just another person appearing on the BACH for an adventure. She was announced as doing the 'ETTE pretty soon after Brad's rejection, so I could understand that he'd decide to go on the show. I don't mean to put Jason down in the least personally, it's just I always feel sorry for the kids. I also wonder if the whole semi-emphasis on previous marriages by Jenny's questions and Deanna's comment about never dating a divorced guy, is foreshadowing that she does indeed decide on a divorced guy.

btw: I like Jason.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

[edit]

Okay, back to on topic-- I'm a little confused as to why some people thought Jason was desperate with his wanting time to talk to Deanna. I didn't think he was any different than Jesse climbing over the couch and breaking up the other Patrick's time or Sean breaking into Jesse's time...
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 05-20-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Washington Court Records show that Jason's divorce was final in February of 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Santana;3010447;
    Washington Court Records show that Jason's divorce was final in February of 2008
    Okay, last week we had someone say that the divorce was final in June 2007...
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by calvin;2995384;
    I was able to just find out that dissolution with child was filed in the Washington states court system in 6/26/2007. That is all it says
    This was the post about the court records from last week. The filing was in 07, it was final in 08. It isn't as if he's jumping from one relationship to the next, since they filed almost a year ago.

When did filming start, March? It is cutting it a little close, but he has officially moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3010427;
    Okay, back to on topic-- I'm a little confused as to why some people thought Jason was desperate with his wanting time to talk to Deanna. I didn't think he was any different than Jesse climbing over the couch and breaking up the other Patrick's time or Sean breaking into Jesse's time...
    I didn't think he looked desperate either. You have to make some sort of bold move to get some alone time when there are 24 others vying for attention. When I think of desperate, I think of Chandler's duck calls or Brian-IN's lifting up of his shirt to show off his abs (which grossed me out, btw).

I found Jason endearing...one of my faves. I have 3 favorites this year, so I won't be dissapointed if two aren't Dede's F1!
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;3010486;
    This was the post about the court records from last week. The filing was in 07, it was final in 08. It isn't as if he's jumping from one relationship to the next, since they filed almost a year ago.

When did filming start, March? It is cutting it a little close, but he has officially moved on.
    Just a thought, but alot of people don't file the minute the seperate either. I know a friend of mine was living on her own for over a year before they finally got around to filing for divorce.....so just because it was final legally recently doesn't mean that it was final emotionaly recently...
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

Quote Originally Posted by tammommy;3010503;
    Just a thought, but alot of people don't file the minute the seperate either. I know a friend of mine was living on her own for over a year before they finally got around to filing for divorce.....so just because it was final legally recently doesn't mean that it was final emotionaly recently...
    Jason said something in his intro about never really having that family feeling (paraphrasing here), so I guess there wasn't much time with him, his wife and Ty together, so that would mean they seperated almost three years ago... completely guessing here but maybe his ex-wife didn't really want children at that point??? It's just a little surprising to me that a three year old doesn't live with his mom even if daddy is out of town for six weeks!!!
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

I love Jason! His little boy is adorable and he seems like such a nice dad. Aaawww! I hope Deanna picks him.