Thread: Jason **SPOILERS**

  1. #1011
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,593

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    I agree chrisg, about cutting Jason some slack as to when it's appropriate to tell Deanna about his son. He is the only one who knows when it's right for him..when he feels comfortable doing so. She must have no problem with it, if he advances at least to f1/f2 .
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  2. #1012
    FORT Regular BluIsDixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Capron, VA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    148

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3025235;
    The thing about this, though, is that they've only had a few moments of time together. They haven't even been out on a proper date yet. I say cut him some slack on this. I'm not a single mom, but I don't think someone should have to wear a 'single parent' sign around their neck constantly. If a guy were to date someone for weeks without mentioning it, I'd say that's skeevy and the above is an appropriate reaction but the interactions De and Jason have had--in my mind--haven't qualified as even a FIRST DATE yet.

    If someone asks you out, do you immediately tell them--I'm a single parent--or do you at least wait until that first date? Many times, when someone asks you out they know you in a work or social context and would just know that you have kids but this situation doesn't qualify as that. So what would be appropriate if you meet someone at a cocktail party, speak briefly and they ask you out? Just blurt out, I HAVE KIDS! That, to me, seems awkward.
    Very well said, Chris.

    Just speaking her on my own experience, if I met someone and was interested in that person, it would probably wait til like the 3rd or 4th date before I told them. You have to get the feel for that person, IMO, before you say "hey, I have a child(ren)". Granted single parent and child(ren) are a "package deal", sometimes that person you go out with is just a "BC" or "ONS", and if you are never going to see them again then, is it really necessary that they know.

  3. #1013
    FORT Fogey sclilred1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3025235;
    The thing about this, though, is that they've only had a few moments of time together. They haven't even been out on a proper date yet. I say cut him some slack on this. I'm not a single mom, but I don't think someone should have to wear a 'single parent' sign around their neck constantly. If a guy were to date someone for weeks without mentioning it, I'd say that's skeevy and the above is an appropriate reaction but the interactions De and Jason have had--in my mind--haven't qualified as even a FIRST DATE yet.

    If someone asks you out, do you immediately tell them--I'm a single parent--or do you at least wait until that first date? Many times, when someone asks you out they know you in a work or social context and would just know that you have kids but this situation doesn't qualify as that. So what would be appropriate if you meet someone at a cocktail party, speak briefly and they ask you out? Just blurt out, I HAVE KIDS! That, to me, seems awkward.

    There is a way of doing it without the blurting out I HAVE KIDS thing. I told the guys that asked me out before we even went out that I had a daughter. If that wasn't something they were interested in then we didn't go out and they moved on. For me, being a parent was a HUGE part of who I was. Did I wear a "single parent" sign? No, I didn't have to. I was upfront about my daughter from the get go. To me, one of the guys having a kid is a much bigger deal than one of the guys being divorced. Ron was able to tell DeAnna on the first night that he was divorced and she kept him around. Jason should have already told De that he has a son and is divorced. That is also a HUGE part of who he is with him having his son full time. Being a step parent is not an easy job nor is it one that everyone wants to take on. I have been in both situations before. I have been a stepmom and my daughter has a stepdad. DeAnna should have been given all of the relevant, important information up front at the beginning and then she could make an informed, mature decision about wanting to see where it could go with Jason (and his son) or to decide that she isn't ready to raise another woman's son any time soon.

  4. #1014
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;3025167;
    I wish he would have told DeAnna last nite too, but something tells me that it was not entirely his decision. If TPTB are letting him call his son, they may have asked for something in return.. like for him to "play along" with the story line. Meaning that TPTB knew he was probably going to get a 1 on 1 date, and tell DeAnna then. It makes a much bigger ( and potentially better) storyline when there is a secret involved. And it is revealed in a "big" way. JMO.


    I often wonder if Bevin didn't tell Andy sooner because of production asking her not to. And for the record.. I love Jason. He has such a sweet smile.
    I agree that he could be influenced by the "handlers" not to say anything. We all have our own opinions, to me it would be most honorable to say: "I'm a single, custodial dad first and foremost. . ." jmho I don't understand why he should hide this, it appears deceptive to me. The important thing though is that apparently it didn't bother D because she kept him around to f2.

  5. #1015
    FORT Fogey HotMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    You know I am wondering if Jenni asked him those questions that first night? Maybe D knows but is waitng for him to tell her the full story? I wished he would have told her sooner also.But maybe the timing wasn't right.
    I know he made the statement about he wanted it to be about us..However being a father is a part of who he is..I just hope it doesn't back fire on him ..and down the road that will be why he is let go..Who know?/
    I do Like Jason alot...

  6. #1016
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,139

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3025235;
    If someone asks you out, do you immediately tell them--I'm a single parent--or do you at least wait until that first date? Many times, when someone asks you out they know you in a work or social context and would just know that you have kids but this situation doesn't qualify as that. So what would be appropriate if you meet someone at a cocktail party, speak briefly and they ask you out? Just blurt out, I HAVE KIDS! That, to me, seems awkward.
    Very well put and exactly what I was trying to convey.....though you did it much better! These two haven't had any real "alone time" yet at all. And being in the Magic room, where you have no idea of who or when someone might pop in and interrupt doesn't qualify imo. It's not a question of trying to hide the fact, or being ashamed, or even worried that the person won't accept it. But because it is a serious thing, and single parents definately come as a package, it deserves more then a "by the way...and we'll talk about it later."
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  7. #1017
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;3025274;
    You know I am wondering if Jenni asked him those questions that first night? Maybe D knows but is waitng for him to tell her the full story? I wished he would have told her sooner also.But maybe the timing wasn't right.
    I know he made the statement about he wanted it to be about us..However being a father is a part of who he is..I just hope it doesn't back fire on him ..and down the road that will be why he is let go..Who know?/
    I do Like Jason alot...

    Good question HotMomma! I tend to feel that Jenny's questions may have been more plot driven than actually informational for D. I don't take it for granted that everyone got the same questions asked. I would think that it would be very likely that D would know whether or not everyone was asked the same questions. I find it interesting that D hasn't dated a divorced man. I wonder if that's because her dating has been limited due to relationships or by her design. I'd assume that it was ultimately o.k. with D or she wouldn't have kept him around till the end. I recind my earlier comment about thinking that since she kept him until the end that he was her f1. I think he was definitely one of her two favorites though and not just a "filler". Stringing along a single dad and keeping him away from his son needlessly would not be so good.

  8. #1018
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3025261;
    DeAnna should have been given all of the relevant, important information up front at the beginning and then she could make an informed, mature decision about wanting to see where it could go with Jason (and his son) or to decide that she isn't ready to raise another woman's son any time soon.
    But the truth is you aren't DeAnna and people are different. People go through life in different ways upon first meeting/dating other people. I appreciate that you have a great deal of first hand experience with this but I am a single woman--like DeAnna--and this is my opinion of the situation:

    Let's say I met a guy a couple of times at cocktail parties. We spoke briefly each time and I suggested getting together for dinner. If he then blurted out 'I HAVE KIDS' I would either think he had a form of social turrets or was in some way embarrassed--as if he had herpes.

    DeAnna--from what we see--will find out that Jason has a son on their FIRST DATE.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 05-27-2008 at 04:41 PM.

  9. #1019
    FORT Fogey HotMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3025291;
    Good question HotMomma! I tend to feel that Jenny's questions may have been more plot driven than actually informational for D. I don't take it for granted that everyone got the same questions asked. I would think that it would be very likely that D would know whether or not everyone was asked the same questions. I find it interesting that D hasn't dated a divorced man. I wonder if that's because her dating has been limited due to relationships or by her design. I'd assume that it was ultimately o.k. with D or she wouldn't have kept him around till the end. I recind my earlier comment about thinking that since she kept him until the end that he was her f1. I think he was definitely one of her two favorites though and not just a "filler". Stringing along a single dad and keeping him away from his son needlessly would not be so good.
    Well we did hear her say that was the first date with graham since Bard....
    I agree but you know maybe she really wasn't stringing him along and at the very end she decided it was to much to jump in a relationship with a man with a child...I mean its not her fault that Jason left a 3yr old son home to do the show..

  10. #1020
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: Jason **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3025291;
    I find it interesting that D hasn't dated a divorced man. I wonder if that's because her dating has been limited due to relationships or by her design.
    I think this might be somewhat a function of her age. I'm close to DeAnna in age and I've been busy dating guys around my age that I know from college who have also been 'just dating' for the past several years. Now that I'm socializing more--and in broader age groups--I'm just starting to date guys with broader relationship experiences. This is just my experience as a NYC single girl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.