Page 370 of 373 FirstFirst ... 270320360361362363364365366367368369370371372373 LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 3728

Thread: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

FORT Fogey

Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer;3045090;
    Sorting out the contenders is not necessarily a task of fault finding. I am still remembering that her clip was used in so many Bach 11 promos - where she looked sooooo goofy saying "he's so beautiful...!". She looked like a nut in those promos. THEN, when the actual show began, the whole section with that comment was really her being sarcastic saying that they (the girls) were supposed to react to him like that.... She was portrayed as sarcastic from the very first - BEFORE the very first. It took Brad a while to learn her elusive personality. Overall , I still thought she was outstanding as a person and personality.... just not for life... for him. Jenny was the initial "star" giggling her way with kisses and flirts to the finish. Not much substance, but good fun and good tv. He made a good choice in his final 2, and definitely walked away with the best choice of all.
    You see, though, you can't have it both ways. If Brad was this great judge of character and because of her ( perceived) faults she was this lousy choice for him, then why did this great judge of character ever choose to take her out of 25 women to the fake F1? Either he is not that great a judge of character, her character is not that bad, or he doesn't know how to select a woman when he has a huge pool from which to select.

Not that I think we can simplify it to this point, but others have certainly tried, so therefore I offer the counterpoint.

Just to mention....I certainly think both of them are better off without each other. Notice I said both of them because under the circumstances, he wouldn't have been any prize either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer;3045093;
    Evolution. To see how she "grows" - reacts - adapts - to the other side of the "game".
    However, the point still remains that watching her is not bringing them any joy.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3045083;
    So by not jumping on the De train and exusing her nonexcusable behavior means that I am harsh. I would not tolerate this behavior out of my daughter because I have always taught her if you want to be respected you have to respect.

Personally, I haven't seen any "nonexcusable" behavior, so I'm thinking it's all about perception.....people often look at the same thing and see something different, so I simply described how I see things. And how I see things, is that there is likely not a person in the free world that could live up to the expectations of the viewing public. At he very least, I KNOW I couldn't.

As for riding the "De train", or derailing the train ~ that's completely up to you!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3045095;
    You see, though, you can't have it both ways. If Brad was this great judge of character and because of her ( perceived) faults she was this lousy choice for him, then why did this great judge of character ever choose to take her out of 25 women to the fake F1? Either he is not that great a judge of character, her character is not that bad, or he doesn't know how to select a woman when he has a huge pool from which to select.
    Not that I think we can simplify it to this point, but others have certainly tried, so therefore I offer the counterpoint.

Just to mention....I certainly think both of them are better off without each other. Notice I said both of them because under the circumstances, he wouldn't have been any prize either.
    Oh, definitely option 3 highlighted above! In his business, and in that wonderful city of Austin, he has had plenty of choices and at age 35 has found no one? He has only chosen poorly...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3045098;
    However, the point still remains that watching her is not bringing them any joy.
    I have nothing invested in her outcome. I am just a "student" of human nature. Choices made and choices missed.... that's the interesting draw. She's seen Bach from "both sides now" - and that adds to the chemistry of the show. As far as the chemistry of the contestants, I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3045104;
    Personally, I haven't seen any "nonexcusable" behavior, so I'm thinking it's all about perception.....people often look at the same thing and see something different, so I simply described how I see things. And how I see things, is that there is likely not a person in the free world that could live up to the expectations of the viewing public. At he very least, I KNOW I couldn't.

As for riding the "De train", or derailing the train ~ that's completely up to you!
    yea it's all about perception

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer;3045106;
    Oh, definitely option 3 highlighted above! In his business, and in that wonderful city of Austin, he has had plenty of choices and at age 35 has found no one? He has only chosen poorly...
    Actually, in all fairness I think #3 is more nearly correct as well. I do wonder if he had it to do again, would he bring forward different women?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3045113;
    Actually, in all fairness I think #3 is more nearly correct as well. I do wonder if he had it to do again, would he bring forward different women?
    OR, would he do it again at all??? Of course, despite his opportunities in Austin, I could totally understand why he did the show. You get to be "wine & dined". You get to travel to great locations. You get to meet 25 (supposedly) outstanding women who say that they are ready to find true love. You get time away from work (finally! for this man who works alot) to focus on your personal life and nothing else. AND, for all this, you just have to show up and "be yourself".

I thought Brad performed as a great "host" as he would at work. I did not ever see a connection truly forming more than polite enthusiasm. It just didn't come across to me. Therefore, I truly hoped he would not choose just because he got caught up in the situation.

There are opportunities and trials that test us and entice us - some make us better and some just make us who we are.

FORT Fan

I didn't watch this series until Bach 11. How many of the series - Bach or Bach'ette - recycled people?.. from a previous show that is. From reading posts, I am recognizing some same names and supposedly from different shows. Are shows typically received and watched more enthusiastically with a tie to a previous series?

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer;3045121;
    I didn't watch this series until Bach 11. How many of the series - Bach or Bach'ette - recycled people?.. from a previous show that is.
    Well all of the Bachelorette's were on one of "The Bachelor" shows before they became Bachelorette's. Then there is Bob who was on Trista's show before he became "The Bachelor". Those are the only ones I recall.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin