Thread: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is not a RELATIONSHIP this is deanna at a house hanging out with 9 guys who she is just developing feelings for, its not like she is in a romantic, intimate relationship with each man. I know its a serious situation but I think she could have handled it much better with grace and tact, speaking quietly to each man who went in the house and avoided her, instead to yell at all the men, what?
    hopefully the full scene will help us to understand

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3045013;
    Bloomers I came in and was giving her the benifit of the doubt but the same behavior out of her has continued...so I will just watch the guys because they still look good...good bods too.
    I understand,but you can't have them without her!! In the case of those that don't like her but like the guys,I guess you have to take the bad with the good?

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3045033;
    everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is not a RELATIONSHIP this is deanna at a house hanging out with 9 guys who she is just developing feelings for, its not like she is in a romantic, intimate relationship with each man. I know its a serious situation but I think she could have handled it much better with grace and tact, speaking quietly to each man who went in the house and avoided her, instead to yell at all the men, what?
    VERY good post. I would have rather seen her talk to the guys one or two at a time about what went on rather than holler at them all ...just like in school, where everyone got in trouble when one person did it.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3045019;
    ITA, yeisha. They are adult men, not dogs.
    I can't help it. This frat pack may well need discipline, and a few may even enjoy it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3045034;
    I understand,but you can't have them without her!! In the case of those that don't like her but like the guys,I guess you have to take the bad with the good?
    I guess I will if I want to continue to watch.

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is not a RELATIONSHIP this is deanna at a house hanging out with 9 guys who she is just developing feelings for, its not like she is in a romantic, intimate relationship with each man. I know its a serious situation but I think she could have handled it much better with grace and tact, speaking quietly to each man who went in the house and avoided her, instead to yell at all the men, what?hopefully the full scene will help us to understand
    I agree with you bizbachfan, but I believe it still would've most likely ended up on the show and it still would've gotten back to the rest of the guys, so it doesn't really matter.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3045030;
    De was such an upfront, straight shooter and IMO not a mind game player on Bachelor 11, that I am somewhat confused by her dichotomy on this season.
    On one hand, we see her making sincere attempts at expressing her feelings and trying to draw the men out into showing their true self and their true feelings. We see her trying to set the stage for true intimacy.
    But on the other hand, we see her resort to mind games which I am sure are producer initiated and provoked, but even so---it would seem to go against the grain of her true nature as the viewer knows her.(which could also include any bachelors who saw her on Brad's season)
    This has got to be very confusing to the men. I know it is to me. I think when people get confused, they tend to put barriers up to protect themselves(defense mechanism) rather than let them down(survival of the fittest.)
    I can understand the producers point, but the mixed messages she is sending is not serving De to her best advantage.
    She still has to do what she is told, and the producers are in it for the drama.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3045030;
    De was such an upfront, straight shooter and IMO not a mind game player on Bachelor 11, that I am somewhat confused by her dichotomy on this season.
    On one hand, we see her making sincere attempts at expressing her feelings and trying to draw the men out into showing their true self and their true feelings. We see her trying to set the stage for true intimacy.
    But on the other hand, we see her resort to mind games which I am sure are producer initiated and provoked, but even so---it would seem to go against the grain of her true nature as the viewer knows her.(which could also include any bachelors who saw her on Brad's season)
    This has got to be very confusing to the men. I know it is to me. I think when people get confused, they tend to put barriers up to protect themselves(defense mechanism) rather than let them down(survival of the fittest.)
    I can understand the producers point, but the mixed messages she is sending is not serving De to her best advantage.
    I agree ,Kasha..clearly the pressure of finding a husband in 6 weeks has gotten to her..her anxiety about not having another Bad ending is getting the best of her..
    I think the producers,for whatever reasons,have allowed us to see this side of her..I find that interesting...if I were her I would have preferred to have it left on the cutting room floor...
    Last edited by goldie2; 06-08-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3045041;
    She still has to do what she is told, and the producers are in it for the drama.
    Absolutely, hence my statement above.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin