Thread: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3045009;
    Awwww, I think there are quite a few posters who were not keen on De from Bach 11 and who have turned their opinions around about her. I think there are quite a few who have spoken up about how they felt in the past and how they have had a change of heart.
    Yes! That has been nice to see...
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm93;3044991;
    I agree Bloomers, but what just really gets me is if people don't like De, then why are they watching the show??
    I actually like(d) Deanna. I just don't think she handled this particular situation well. The fact of the matter is, these men are grown adults and her yelling at them just does not bode well for me.

I hope this is "acting" to weed the wrong men out but also think that will come off pretty badly and turn the guys off too.
    however I think it was just Deanna throwing a fit, hoping we see a good reason for the rant, not sure what that could be. I mean if several of the guys ignored her or went in the house when she came down why not go in the house and say, "hey what's up, I was hoping to spend some time with you" or better yet this should help her make her decisions, why get all upset about it? just doesn't put her in a good light.

Quote Originally Posted by yeisha;3045016;
    I actually like(d) Deanna. I just don't think she handled this particular situation well. The fact of the matter is, these men are grown adults and her yelling at them just does not bode well for me.
    ITA, yeisha. They are adult men, not dogs.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3045019;
    ITA, yeisha. They are adult men, not dogs.
    I agree angelic and the thing is if she does this now what will it be like if they get married and things don't go her well. Katy bar the door.

I am going to add this one comment here ....CH stated that not many Bachelorette Shows are done because thay can't find enough guys that are willing to watch as their "girl" is courted by other men....they can't handle the way the show works so.......what you will see is just exactly that...and Dee gives the babies the option, If you can't handle it....Go home! Any strong confident woman would do the same. Unlike some I would never put up with childish behavior, seems to me that some growing up needs to be done and it's not usually on the woman's side! Hate to bruise any male egos here but most men need to be ten years older than their girlfriends to be on the same playing field mentally!I am old enough to know what I'm talking about!
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yeisha;3045016;
    Just thought I'd reitterate what I said on two earlier posts ...

I've said this before, but these guys need to realize that when you're in a relationship that its not always sunshine and roses and that sometimes your significant other is going to get upset and have a blow up moment like De did. It should not be that big of a deal. Things like this happen all the time in relationships and while I do think De could've handled the situation better by maybe taking the guys that she was specifically upset with aside and speaking with them directly it does not matter, because it would've still wound up on air anyways as that is how Fleiss and this show works. The bottom line is that things like this are going to happen in relationships and sometimes its the girl and sometimes its the guy, but whoever it is if a person can't handle it then they're much better off to leave because things like this are just a fact of life. In short, if they can't stand the heat, then they need to get the heck out of the kitchen. Like I said, things like this are just a fact of life and if they don't know how to handle it, then they need learn how to handle it or go home and grow up.

If any one of these guys leaves because of this then he needs to learn to understand that things like this happen in relationships and if you are serious about a relationship then you need to learn that you just can't cut and run the first time things get bad. If anyone leaves because of this (and this is jmo) then they're probably not mature enough to handle a relationship anyway, because the fact of the matter is that things like this happen in relationships all the time and mature couples kiss and make up and move on. End of story.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae;3044974;
    This show is about DeAnna finding someone for her, so . . . . .yes . . . . .she is "entitled". This is all a part of who DeAnna actually is. If her outburst "scared" someone off, then that someone is not for her. True love is "for better or worse" and unconditional.

The right guy would reassure her and comfort her, because she was upset. The wrong guy would just consider her as being a b*#ch. Actually a great way to see who the true contenders are.
    And therein lies the tale......who is there at the end? The ones who don't want to be will find a way to get out of it. They will be obnoxious or unaffectionate - in some manner they will convey that they do not want to advance.
    Perhaps there is truth to the rumor that for whatever reason Graham asked to leave, and the edit will show instead him to be F4 based on all of his reluctance. By the time we get to F3, we have the contenders that wanted to be there, and the contenders that she wanted to be there after she had culled through them by the process.

The object is to get down to a final one. It is pretty bumpy on this season, but she is getting there, nonetheless. She is meeting her objective.

De was such an upfront, straight shooter and IMO not a mind game player on Bachelor 11, that I am somewhat confused by her dichotomy on this season.
    On one hand, we see her making sincere attempts at expressing her feelings and trying to draw the men out into showing their true self and their true feelings. We see her trying to set the stage for true intimacy.
    But on the other hand, we see her resort to mind games which I am sure are producer initiated and provoked, but even so---it would seem to go against the grain of her true nature as the viewer knows her.(which could also include any bachelors who saw her on Brad's season)
    This has got to be very confusing to the men. I know it is to me. I think when people get confused, they tend to put barriers up to protect themselves(defense mechanism) rather than let them down(survival of the fittest.)
    I can understand the producers point, but the mixed messages she is sending is not serving De to her best advantage.

FORT Regular

either way ladies, i'm still gonna watch this show because of all of you (and the hotness of the men of course! i.e. jeremy, graham).

thanks for this lively discussion, we'll see tommorrow night how big this "blowup" really is. and hey, we all agreed to disagree, right? so cheers!