Thread: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

  1. #3631
    Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Atlanta/Roswell, GA
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3044995;
    Because we like the show for one thing and we are also entitled to our opinion just like you. We keep hoping it will get back to where it started.
    I realize that you are entitled to your opinion, nennie and I don't deny that, but I guess since I see no point in watching a show where I dislike the main character so much that I just don't see the point of why people who dislike De so much watch this one. It's only my opinion too ... nothing personal.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

  2. #3632
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,525

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    Some of us watch because we like the guys who are on the show.. they are far more entertaining and have great personality..
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  3. #3633
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,849

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3044995;
    Because we like the show for one thing and we are also entitled to our opinion just like you. We keep hoping it will get back to where it started.
    The thing about this is that the people who do not like DeAnna came in with a preconceived idea, and it has not changed. It will not change because she is who she is; therefore, if people are that unhappy with her, the question remains:Why do some people keep watching when it is not bringing them any joy?

  4. #3634
    FORT Fogey bizbachfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sunny florida
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    I like Deanna and pulled for her the whole time, but I do think this was a bad move on her part, its not a relationship its a group of men she is yelling at
    I think talking to them one by one and talking about it would have been a better approach, I am sure she was emotional and will cut her some slack, but I just think it was a bad way to handle things JMO

  5. #3635
    FORT Fanatic kelad9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    643

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    I still don't think that's a real meltdown and this is another one of her tests to see who is actually here to know her better and who isn't... Don't see why she feels the need to do that but understandably she's probably a bit wary after the rejection she got in B.ad's season and is actually wanting to make this 2nd time around work for her... Like others have said, I think she's trying a bit too hard. But can definately see her ending up with either Jeremy or Jason... Don't see the connection with Jesse at all other than a friend.

  6. #3636
    Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Atlanta/Roswell, GA
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3045001;
    The thing about this is that the people who do not like DeAnna came in with a preconceived idea, and it has not changed. It will not change because she is who she is; therefore, if people are that unhappy with her, the question remains:Why do some people keep watching when it is not bringing them any joy?
    Exactly my point, Bloomers ... thank you!
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

  7. #3637
    To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,715

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae;3044974;
    This show is about DeAnna finding someone for her, so . . . . .yes . . . . .she is "entitled". This is all a part of who DeAnna actually is. If her outburst "scared" someone off, then that someone is not for her. True love is "for better or worse" and unconditional.

    The right guy would reassure her and comfort her, because she was upset. The wrong guy would just consider her as being a b*#ch. Actually a great way to see who the true contenders are.
    I guess she is "Entitled " as you say to do whatever she wants because she is the Bachelorette..maybe not the smartest approach.,though..JMO

    Personally, I think maybe there might have been a more effective way to get her point across than to have a group lashing on the topic of who is not really interested in her enough..
    Maybe visibly taking notes and talking to the guys privately about it and giving them an opportunity to reassure her would have worked better,I don't think in a group setting there is much chance of that and I would suspect she was most upset with just a few anyway..

    ..she seemed very emotionally exhausted at I feel for her.. it is hard to put yourself in her place... there is alot of pressure on her..she seems to be clearly on a mission...I think it is obviously getting to her at this point....
    Last edited by goldie2; 06-08-2008 at 06:23 PM.

  8. #3638
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    Awwww, I think there are quite a few posters who were not keen on De from Bach 11 and who have turned their opinions around about her. I think there are quite a few who have spoken up about how they felt in the past and how they have had a change of heart.

  9. #3639
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,849

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    Quote Originally Posted by Roseio;3044994;
    This is not a particularly pleasant side to Deanna. Methinks we built her up too much after being not chosen on The Bachelor. Perhaps that was the reason Brad did not fall in love. We have no idea what all may have transpired to lead to her meltdown. Much more of the personalities is revealed during filming than Fleiss ever allows us to see. The men and women on the show are all human beings and as such have flaws. We only see the side he wants us to see and making a judgment on such weak input puts us at risk of making a mistake. I was never a Deanna fan before, I found her to have a cold, unemotional side to her personality. I actually like her better now, flaws and all, as she seems more human to me.
    Brad had 25 women from whom to choose. The question will always remain then, why did he choose to bring DeAnna ( if she had all of these faults that kept him from falling in love with her) out of the 25 to the fake F1? Why not choose to bring one of the other 24 who had less faults?

  10. #3640
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,833

    Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3045001;
    The thing about this is that the people who do not like DeAnna came in with a preconceived idea, and it has not changed. It will not change because she is who she is; therefore, if people are that unhappy with her, the question remains:Why do some people keep watching when it is not bringing them any joy?
    Bloomers I came in and was giving her the benifit of the doubt but the same behavior out of her has continued...so I will just watch the guys because they still look good...good bods too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.